International Simulation Football League
*Ignacio Desoto Scouting Report - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Ignacio Desoto Scouting Report (/showthread.php?tid=37683)

*Ignacio Desoto Scouting Report - icnamu - 02-19-2022

Does this apply for 2x media? I think it does

Scouting Report of Ignacio Desoto

Hello everyone! My name is Kel Miper Sr.! I’m a draft analyst for NPSE! The National Player’s Scouting Entity. I help scout people for DSFL and ISFL teams and today I’m releasing my first scouting report for the S35 class, and it is on Ignacio Desoto. He is a curious case and a potential sleeper pick. DT is a much needed position as many of them are low TPE and there are not many new players at the position. Ignacio weighs a bit more than his DTs before him, so he should be able to do more damage than past defensive linemen have. Here’s the profile I have on him so far, Coaches feel free to use this.

Name: Ignacio Desoto
Position: DT
Weight: 315
Height: 6’3
Archetype: Interior Rusher

Backstory:

I had a chance to talk with Ignacio for a bit at a workout at this football camp in Cali that I was visiting where pro players were doing drills to show off for scouts. He seemed like a nice enough person with his head in the right place, so I wanted to get to know his story a bit better and see what motivates him. Pro athletes work very hard but they need some motivation or some thing that drives them, otherwise they will never sustain their career and training regiment.

Ignacio Desoto was born in Spain to a poorer agricultural family, but that all changed when Ignacio's father's immigration status finally changed and he brought the family over to the U.S. to give them a better life. Ignacio has never taken anything for granted, focusing on his academics and sports in order to get a better life and career than his parents. His immigrant mentality helped him keep the bigger picture in mind and stay focused throughout high school without giving into the material pleasures he could have indulged into. Ignacio got into football from a young age as he was a big kid. His dad was 6'4 and his mother 5'10, so he was going to be a big guy anyways. Once they moved when he was 11, he started playing football at his middle school and played on the defensive line due to his size. He switched around from DT to DE and back to DT throughout his middle school years but stuck to DT eventually as he put on more weight.

Ignacio was only a 2 star recruit as a DT and didn't garner much attention from colleges at all but got a chance to redshirt his freshman year at UCLA after pulling some strings. He was normally not the type of talent they would have liked to add to a roster, but his pure size and raw skills made him a no brainer for the recruit to offer. Ignacio saw his playing time increase his sophomore year and finally was able to get some pressure. He also added a lot more muscle and stripped off a lot more fat, making him quicker than before. He switched from a true nose tackle to a more versatile DT that could pass rush as well as stop the run. His quickness made him a feared piece on the defensive line and is a key reason why the Bruins' defense steadily improved that season. He finished out his collegiate career as an all american his senior year.

Skills
  • Has a good size frame, not too small, can match up against larger guards and centers fairly well.
  • Has very good speed, can get around 6’6+ centers and guards very easily
  • Very toned, low body fat percentage, maintains good health and diet. THIS IS KEY for sustainability if we want to see him play many seasons at the professional level.
  • Has developed a signature diving move to occupy two offensive lineman and break through the line, very effective on run plays.
  • From what I’ve gathered from his college coaches, he is a good student and a dedicated scholar. Had the highest GPA on his team, but was not the smartest on the field. What I see is potential for him to grow and learn.
  • Has good endurance for a big guy, can play a lot of snaps and be a rock on the line
  • Has the strength to punch out balls, and was very good at forcing fumbles in high school and college.
  • Very good at bringing down runners, wraps up tackles very well.

Drawbacks
  • Tends to have a low awareness on the field, and lower football IQ. Has potential to fix this but his ceiling is low.
  • Has trouble getting to the QB due to their agility, misses a lot of sacks after QB “slips” away.
  • Not very quick with his hands, won’t bat balls or jump up.
  • Lacking the raw strength and power that other, bigger DTs have.
Overall Summary:
Ignacio seems like a young, raw player with lots of potential. He is someone that will have to be coached to clean up some aspects of his game, and is definitely not as pro-ready as some of the other prospects in this draft. However, I do believe he has one of the highest ceilings of any player I’ve scouted, ever. If everything goes well for him and the right team and coaching staff nabs him, he could seriously develop into an X-Factor. This guy will be a key staple of any team’s defensive line for years to come. I look forward to watching him play. Defensive linemen are an interesting type of player because they don’t get flashy stats, especially interior linemen, but they can be the difference in the game. After all, football is fought in the trenches. For teams looking for a run stuffer, I really do think Ignacio is a solid 3rd-4th round pick here that can provide a boost in a season or two.