International Simulation Football League
*Jellyfish - A tale of promise and betrayal - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Jellyfish - A tale of promise and betrayal (/showthread.php?tid=38001)

Pages: 1 2

*Jellyfish - A tale of promise and betrayal - King Jellyfish - 03-02-2022

Lies. Deception. Treason. Perfidy.

These four words describe what I feel at this moment. It's the second of March in 2022 and the Baltimore Hawks' general manager, @Hallmonitor_20, has made his retirement public. In the same announcement , he has introduced his successor. Only it wasn't me who will lead the Baltimore Hawks into a glorious future.

Instead of me, another German tight end will hold the reins. My horror at this surprising decision is rooted in a long history of events of ill will, envy, betrayal and exploitation.

I was drafted in the S28 ISFL draft by @Hallmonitor_20 and @Frick_Nasty alongside other players. Although our starting position didn't give the team much courage, I never lost hope in a better future. My former GM and mentor recognized my optimistic outlook and asked me to positively change the culture of the locker room with emotes, new branding and the Golden Hawk cult (we are not a cult). From there, my two GMs involved me more and more with the team and I was even appointed to the war room. From there, promises were made to me that I would be given the GM position of the Baltimore Hawks. I was also elected captain of the team. In addition to my GMs, I had also received the trust of my team. I was destined to become so much more.

S32 ISFL draft. This day was to be the beginning of a turn of my destiny. With the first overall pick @Hallmonitor_20 and @Frick_Nasty drafted another tight end. This pick caused confusion and uncertainty in me. Was I not good enough anymore? Was I going to be replaced? In addition, the tight end was of German descent. Just like me. These were the first signs that my future would be very different from what I had imagined at that time. The second pick  of the draft @visceralpotamus , also turned out to be a decisive force. But I looked forward with confidence to working with my new teammates.

But directly in the first days I received a declaration of war from the other German tight end. He challenged me directly and wanted to be the number one tight end on the team. A clause in his contract assured him of being officially named the better tight end if he caught more yards or touchdowns than me. I took that fight. Contrary to all expectations, it was a head-to-head race. The Tight End showdown was decided on the last day of the game. Unfortunately, I lost the duel. The first doubts about my performance arose. It couldn't be because of the others. My quarterback would never favor one of us.

These doubts were confirmed in the following season. Like every year, the team chooses its captains. To convince my teammates of my leadership qualities, I had prepared a whole PowerPointPresentation. But I met only rejection. Even teammates with whom I had played from the beginning turned against me. Only @UberBJ placed his trust in me and gave me his vote. The rest of the team decided that the other German tight end would be the better leader. The humiliation did not stop. The team started to make fun of me. @visceralpotamus took a special role. With several memes he flaunted my many defeats and undermined my authority. Pictures like this one or this were created with one intention in mind. To mock me. He made me a figure of fun. Over time, several teammates joined him.

I had reached my premature low point. But times were changing. As a team, we were able to win the Ultimus. I looked to the future with hope again. Especially because @Hallmonitor_20 announced his retirement internally. Finally, my time has come to take over the position of General Manager. But it was never to come....

The decision broke me. Iam a different  man  fish.... Lost.... Iam Lost....

RE: Jellyfish - A tale of promise and betrayal - Crodyman - 03-02-2022

Cause for concern?

RE: Jellyfish - A tale of promise and betrayal - zaynzk - 03-02-2022

Murdered My Brother = Make A lot of Emotes

RE: Jellyfish - A tale of promise and betrayal - slate - 03-02-2022

An ehrenmann like you does not deserve this treatment!

RE: Jellyfish - A tale of promise and betrayal - Hallmonitor_20 - 03-02-2022

IT'S TREASON THEN

RE: Jellyfish - A tale of promise and betrayal - UberBJ - 03-02-2022

#TeamJelly

RE: Jellyfish - A tale of promise and betrayal - Frick_Nasty - 03-02-2022

Lmfao

RE: Jellyfish - A tale of promise and betrayal - infinitempg - 03-02-2022

#JellyfishIsMyRealGM

RE: Jellyfish - A tale of promise and betrayal - NicholasTheGreat - 03-03-2022

(03-02-2022, 07:14 PM)infinitempg Wrote: #JellyfishIsMyRealGM

Rude

RE: Jellyfish - A tale of promise and betrayal - unconfident - 03-03-2022