International Simulation Football League
*Mistah Freddy joins the DSFL - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Mistah Freddy joins the DSFL (/showthread.php?tid=38173)

*Mistah Freddy joins the DSFL - seafreddy - 03-13-2022

Mistah Freddy has joined the Portland Pythons of the DSFL as an undrafted Free Agent following the S34 DSFL draft. The imposing Defensive Tackle out of the University of Pittsburgh received the call mere hours following the conclusion of the draft.

“This has been a roller-coaster couple of weeks for me,” the seemingly awestruck Freddy was quoted after the fact. “This whole turning pro situation has been crazy, but I’m so happy to have ended up in Portland.”

The “situation” referred to by Freddy involves the well-covered controversy of not committing to play professional football until after the commencement of the DSFL draft. First Team All-ACC member had committed to enter into the private sector and forgo a career in football following his graduation in the spring.

“I was this close to not ever playing football again,” Freddy wrote in a Players’ Tribune-esque article published just before the draft. “I valued my education so highly in college. Playing in the ISFL was never my dream. Football was my means to getting a good education and setting up my family for generations to come.” Mistah majored in business management and graduated near the top of his class, accepting a full-time position at a highly-regarded Philadelphia consulting firm the week after his graduation. “I was ready to work and join the rat race. I’ve worked my whole life and there’s nothing about a good job that I dislike. But something wasn’t clicking for me this time. I had the look, the job, the connections, but it all felt off.”

Freddy goes on to describe coming to the realization that he actually wanted to be playing football. “But by that time [the draft] was just a couple days away and I didn’t know what to do. So I sat there, turned on the TV and started watching it. I saw men I had played next to and across from donning their jerseys, shaking the commish’s hand, and all with this big smile. Then all the memories came flooding back. The smell of the blistering turf in the summer sun. That feeling of brotherhood in the locker room after a win. Even the pure shame of the game-deciding play during your fresh loss being squarely on your shoulders - then your fellow brothers are there to pick you up. I knew then that that’s what I loved - Football is what I love.”

The rest is now history, albeit recent. Freddy got on the phone to his college coach, Nat Parduzzi, who quickly recommended an agent whom he trusted. “I have had several alumni go with this agency, and as someone who cares about the futures of these young men who have given me four - sometimes five - of their best years in life, I have been very satisfied with the handling of their careers.” Freddy’s agents immediately got word out to the DSFL that the prized DT prospect was on the market.

“I had some interested parties,” commented Mistah, “but it really was a no-brainer to accept the offer from Portland. They were the only team pre-draft who was actively trying to convince me to choose the path of football. So when I had the choice, I chose the one who chose me first.”

At Pitt, Mistah Freddy played in 52 games during his four years of eligibility, racking up 135 tackles (22 for loss), 14 sacks, and 6 forced fumbles. He earned Second Team All-ACC his Sophomore year and First Team All-ACC and Academic All-ACC his Senior year.

Code:
583 words

RE: Mistah Freddy joins the DSFL - PugWalrus - 03-13-2022

Good to have you in Portland!

RE: Mistah Freddy joins the DSFL - unconfident - 03-13-2022

Future legend