International Simulation Football League
(S34) PT 3 - Merch Madness - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S34) PT 3 - Merch Madness (/showthread.php?tid=38228)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

(S34) PT 3 - Merch Madness - GlimsTC - 03-20-2022

(S34) PT 3 - Merch Madness
Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 150 words. PT's may be submitted in another language, if you mention what language you are translating into, to make the job of the grader easier.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S33 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, March 27th, 2022 at 11:59 ET. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: An important aspect to every franchise in any sport is merchandise. It's an easy way for fans to show their support for a franchise and hold some sort of keepsake that'll be a part of their bond with their team for generations to come. So, when your team merch store is in need of some new wares, obviously no one is more qualified to help with that than you! Write about what sort of merchandise you would create for your team's merch store and why.

Graphic option: Create a graphic showcasing a merchandise design for your team.

Affiliate claims from SHL and PBE and WSBL are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there. Make sure the week of the affiliate PT matches with the week of this point task.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please. If you have a non-full PT pass and would like to use it this week, make sure to post in the thread. No need to post in the thread if you have a full PT Pass.

If you have ideas for future PTs, visit the link below, and your idea may be used next week!!
https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=9205 - Submit Prompt Ideas here!

RE: (S34) PT 3 - Merch Madness - Accka - 03-20-2022

ISFL affiliate https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=122952&pid=3192419#pid3192419

RE: (S34) PT 3 - Merch Madness - ValorX77 - 03-20-2022

SHL Affiliate PT

RE: (S34) PT 3 - Merch Madness - ThunderTitan82 - 03-20-2022

Here in Orange County we have a unique branding. With that comes a unique opportunity for merchandise and marketing. Obviously everyone loves otters, and there is no shortage of otter themed goods. We have a wide selection of plush otters wearing players jerseys, along with the typical sports merchandise that you’ll find everywhere. When I came to the team I had a great idea. Being that my name is Gus Bus I saw a great opportunity to add to our merchandise. One of the things I requested was a keychain of a little orange School Bus that has the team name and such on it and all kinds of Bus related merchandise. Big ass cups in the shape of a bus, footballs in the shape of a bus! The big seller though, that I funded out of my own pocket, is once per season, we host an RV giveaway. This RV is a replica of the Gus Bus from Benchwarmers that I purchased, and a OCO man-Cave on wheels. filled to the brim with oco stuff and signed jerseys, and with a big picture of my face on the side. Just kidding my face isn’t on it. But we give these bad boys out once per year. Every ticket sold at our stadium during home games doubles as a raffle ticket for this event. During the giveaway day we host a youth football tournament and other fun games to get the home fans fired up and enjoying a great day even if they lose the raffle.

RE: (S34) PT 3 - Merch Madness - Dp-420 - 03-21-2022

Merchandise and sales of such products can be tricky. The target consumer has got to want the product in order to make profit from it. At the Yellowknife Wraith Store there is going to be a lot of merchandise for the fans to pick up for themselves. For starters there will be Replica and Authentic Game Used Jerseys of all the Wraiths fans favorite players. Bradley Welch, Dustin Parmelee, Kahn Cussion, Daron Arnold, Kalam Mekhar, Dragazor Blaze, Tater Greywolf, Bernd D Brot, Lot Smith VIII, Ja Spears, Stewart Hellraiser, Owen Reed, Amadeus Redding, Leonard Taylor, Killian Chambers, Daniel Foster, Mark Walker, Blago Kokot & Kai Sakura are the notable players who will have their jerseys for sale. Fans can also buy replica Wraiths helmets, completely designed to fit head sizes of all kinds. There will also be flags, banners and replica team awards for sale, so every fan of all varieties can feel like a part of the team on every game day!
Code:

RE: (S34) PT 3 - Merch Madness - Talls - 03-21-2022

For the San Jose Sabercats' merch store, I would create special edition jersey's that were a collaboration of the Sabercats, each Developmental Simulation Football League team, and each college in question to make a hybrid jersey for each player.  These jerseys would use the base design of the college team but then use the DSFL colors and the Sabercats' logo.  These jerseys would pay an homage to the history of the player and how the three leagues interact with each other to come up with the great product we see today.  The proceeds for the jersey sails would then go to the different football organizations that each player started in, where ever they started playing the sport.  The ultimate result for all the collaboration that all the parties could rally behind and encourage the next generation to dive into the sport.  Additionally, I would auction 100 of these special jerseys with a player signature to really drum up the hype and provide a big influx of money into the program.

RE: (S34) PT 3 - Merch Madness - stein - 03-21-2022

It's snakes all the way down. We had the idea to make scarves with snake patterns so it sort of looks like a snake is coiled up on your shoulders. Then that gave us the idea to have socks with snake patterns so it looks like (you guessed it) a snake is coiled up around your ankles. The merch started inventing itself from that point and we're always discovering new ways to turn snakes into money... I mean merchandise. Snake tube socks? We got 'em. Snake tube tops? Also yes. Leg warmers, arm warmers, knee braces, elbow braces, chokers, beanies, short shirts, long shirts, short shorts (sorry, no long shorts), we've got those too. No we can NOT add Slytherin logos to any of the merch. We tried like 5 times but J.K. Rowling and Warner Bros keep sending us cease and desist letters. Basically if you can print a snake pattern on it then we have it and if we don't have it, tell us so we can turn it into merch.

(173 words)

RE: (S34) PT 3 - Merch Madness - Yeenoghu - 03-21-2022

As we near the midpoint of the season, Swantavius King has begun exclusively taking kicking and punting snaps. Similarly, he has also lost 30 pounds and has been in close contact with the equipment staff as his jersey size continue to shrink. Although the league has no positional requirement for numbers, King has noticed that players often change numbers when changing positions. King is no exception, having changed from #77 to #7 to unofficially adopt his new position--perhaps he is a bit of a traditionalist. Still, this leaves some diehards with an out-of-date jersey. King would propose a free swap for fans who have bought the jersey of a player who has since changed numbers. There aren't many (any?) in the crowd wearing a Swantavius King jersey, but King swears he can remember seeing some obsolete Swantavius Jones jerseys on the television broadcast while growing up. For new merchandise, King believes that the organization should take advantage of holiday seasons for promotions. One example for a late season Valentine's Day event would be to have each player create their own card and randomly place one in each program that is handed out on gameday. You are the King of my heart. What an earnest catchphrase!

RE: (S34) PT 3 - Merch Madness - ctots - 03-21-2022

SHL Affiliate PT

RE: (S34) PT 3 - Merch Madness - MattBake12 - 03-21-2022

The Orange County Otter's merchandise team is proud to announce the presale of the new line of action figures. Now only for sale at the Otters Team Store we are launching 6 new dolls...i mean action figures of your favorite players. Goat Tank Jr- This some assembly required toy features a goat and a fully functional 1/16 scale Sherman 75mm tank with "realistic" tread movement and agility! Ken Oath speed demon doll...i mean...action figure, is faster than the speed of light- pull his cord and away he goes into the endzone. Raphael and Leonardo McTurtle FIGURES look just like the real thing and are always hungry for sacks- feed them and they will give you a high five, but make them hungry and they will do karate until you give them sacks! And last but not least, the Bill Dozer bulldozer- don't get in his way because he's coming full steam ahead and not moving until you call out his character! All for sale NOW at the OCO team store

Code:
171 words