International Simulation Football League
(S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 (/showthread.php?tid=38305)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

(S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - GlimsTC - 03-28-2022

(S34) PT 4 - Roll 20
Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 150 words. PT's may be submitted in another language, if you mention what language you are translating into, to make the job of the grader easier.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S33 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, April 3rd, 2022 at 11:59 ET. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: When it comes to the ISFL, even though we're able to make our players as realistic or unrealistic as possible, we're all bound by one thing: the rules of the sim. So, let's look beyond what the sim considers possible. Your player has been granted the ability to have one of any non-lethal super power or spell they can think of. Describe what sort of power you'd give your player and how they would best utilize it to succeed at their position.

Graphic option: Create a graphic showcasing your player's new ability.

Affiliate claims from SHL and PBE and WSBL are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there. Make sure the week of the affiliate PT matches with the week of this point task.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please. If you have a non-full PT pass and would like to use it this week, make sure to post in the thread. No need to post in the thread if you have a full PT Pass.

If you have ideas for future PTs, visit the link below, and your idea may be used next week!!
https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=9205 - Submit Prompt Ideas here!

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - FootballIsCool - 03-28-2022

SHL Affiliate
Different Forum Username: hockeyiscool

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - Opera_Phantom - 03-28-2022

As a running back, Jay Cue Jr. already creates havoc on defenses all around the league. But if i had to choose one super power to make it even easier to get stats, would be "Flash like" speed. Can you imagine? The ball is snapped on the Arizona Outlaws 20 yard line, Wendell Sailor has the ball, hands it over to Cue Jr.... and when everyone is still blocking and trying to understand the play... Cue is already on the endzone celebrating the touchdown. Easy wins. Imagine a world where every Arizona possession ends in a rushing TD. And yes, he could also play defense, so no matter what your playbook says, every pass would end in an INT and every rush would end in a fumble, as Cue would pick up the ball right after the center snaps it.
Would it make everyone else on the AZ team upset because they were no longer needed? Of course. But they suck anyway, so...

(163 words)

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - Dp-420 - 03-28-2022

If my player Dustin Parmelee, who is a quarterback could possess any non-lethal superpower then I would absolutely have no choice but to go with sonic speed, like that of The Flash. As a quarterback who has been sacked 168 times in just 42 career ISFL games, I think I could use the sonic speed to my advantage, without being a rushing QB. Not that being a run-first QB is a bad thing, I just prefer to throw the ball rather than run it. With sonic speed, I could just zip, zip, and run away from all the defensive lineman, defensive backs and linebackers, to the point where it would drive them all crazy. I wouldn’t allow them to ever tackle me, and they would just purely hate it. Another thing I could do is if my receivers are covered, I could just throw the ball to an area where no defenders are, and just run after it and catch it myself! The league would absolutely hate me!
Code:

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - WildfireMicro - 03-28-2022

Now I originally thought of giving Jack McPherson super speed, but I feel like that would be a bit of a cop out. So instead, I am giving him the power of super strength. With him now switching to linebacker, this strength can help him force a lot more fumbles by just ripping the ball from opposing players hands. He could also force fumbles by hitting the opposing players extremely hard, thus forcing the ball out of thier hands. Another positive with this for him Is that this would make it impossible for people to actually bring him down once he actually has the ball.

He would be literally unstoppable by anybody unless they have a superpower that would counter his, like maybe super speed like I mentioned above. However, as Jack McPherson is the Batman, I don't know how much he would like having superpowers rather then just using his own abilities to succeed. Still, super strength is perfect for a linebacker so if everybody in the league had a superpower he would definitely use it.

Code:
177 words

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - Accka - 03-28-2022

SHL affilaite https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=123027&pid=3195659#pid3195659

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - ZootTX - 03-28-2022

The sim has many limitations. Some make sense, and some make no sense at all. Some make you question if the game’s creator has ever watched or attempted to understand American football in any way shape or form. Deciding what superpower Kalam Mekhar would have was a tough decision. Initially I thought about just being super fast. Speed is already the most important stat in the sim, why not just be really, really fast? But I’ve decided to go another route. Since Kalam is a CB, most of his job is to keep the QB from successfully completing passes to his team’s receivers. If Kalam does a really good job, he can not only prevent a completion, he can intercept the ball. If he does an even better job, Kalam can turn that interception into a TD. So Kalam would really like the ability to know exactly where and when the ball would go. That would make his job a lot easier if he could just have the knowledge to be in the exact right place at the exact right time.

181 words

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - GlimsTC - 03-28-2022

Ganyu being from a fantasy world already means that material for what her power would be is super easy to come up with. However, instead of focusing on how she could use her ice abilities to better help her in Football, I figured it'd be more fun to write about how a classic D&D spell "Magic Hand" could be used instead. Just as the name implies, the user is able to use a magic hand that can move up to 30 feet away from the user. I believe it's pretty obvious just how insane of an ability that is in Football, especially for someone playing LB. Using the magic hand, Ganyu could easily grab any ball thrown right out of the air without even really needing to move. And if she was feeling especially cruel, she could just send the hand past the line of scrimmage to immediately get at the QB with it. There's a lot of use that could be gotten out of such a simple spell, which is why I think it'd be perfect for honestly any defensive position.

(182 words)

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - ValorX77 - 03-28-2022

SHL Affiliate PT

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - stein - 03-28-2022

Cob already has borderline super powers in the form of his big corn cob hands that have allowed him to lead the DSFL in passes deflected. But if he could have one super power to enhance his defensive capabilities it would have to be telekinesis. The simplest use of this power would be the creation of impassable invisible barriers that block the offense from moving the ball.

For example, if a ball carrier is approaching Cob, he wouldn't first have to catch up to the opponent to tackle them and could instead just knock them over. The same could be done for deflecting passes that are out of reach. This power could be used subtly if the use of super powers was banned, such as tripping ball carriers or moving the ball just off target before a wide receiver catches it.

But with enough practice (and no rules) he wouldn't even need to do that and he could instead telepathically pull all passes into his hands, making every opposing pass an interception. When he tackles someone, he could also telekinetically jar the ball loose to force a fumble and then mentally pull the ball into his hands. Every opposing first down would be a turnover on downs and not a single point or yard would be conceded.

Code:
217 words