International Simulation Football League
(S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 (/showthread.php?tid=38305)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - TheRocheLimit - 04-03-2022

As an avid D&D player over the last few years, I've had to give this question a lot of thought. Initially, I thought I should just go with the best spell of all time, Fireball. But it has to be non-lethal, so there goes that. My next thought was being able to cast Fly on myself. I imagine a speedy corner who could literally fly around the field would cause a massive amount of disruption to an offense. And while that would be super fun, I had one other idea that I think could be just as exciting. Cloak of Invisibility. Imagine that the quarterback drops back to pass, sees a receiver WIDE OPEN, and lets the ball fly. Then, out of nowhere, a cornerback pops into view and intercepts the ball. As the offense is trying to figure out what just happened, I'd pop the hood back up on the cloak, turn invisible, and run the other way. I'd drop the invisibility just as I crossed the goal line. Pick six. Can't beat that.

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - Gordon Bombay - 04-03-2022

SHL affiliate

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - MMFLEX - 04-03-2022

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - MrStennett - 04-03-2022

I would obviously select the power to make myself incredibly good looking. Like, an unhealthy amount of just raw attractiveness. You might be asking how in the world that is going to make me a better linebacker, and I would respond to you that I'm sure it won't. I suppose I might be able to distract a few players on the other team, but that would be about it. If I'm being honest, this is entirely about my life after my football career ends. What am I supposed to do? Get a job at Midas replacing people's brakes and rotors, or stocking shelves at a Trader Joe's like some kind of pleb. That kind of thing is not for me. What I will be doing is using this new-found ability to get myself into modeling. After spending years putting my body through the rigors of ISFL football, it'll be nice to just have to show up, be beautiful, and drink a Fiji water or something.

Code:
165 words

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - Drizzy - 04-03-2022

Look I’m going to keep things simple here. The best super power in any situation is invisibility because it lets you basically do anything you want to and even from the perspective of a football player that still rings true. I think that if Darius were invisible, it’d let him attend the other teams strategy meetings and practices which would obviously give him a bit of an advantage when it came to game day. I’d also think there could be something useful when the other team weren’t able to see where you are but your QB knows where you’re going. Not the most obvious power for a football player but I think it would have its uses and would definitely be an advantage over other players. Stuff like super strength and super speed would be too boring and be too obvious so I’m moving a little bit different with this one hope that’s okay

Code:
154 words

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - CptGoosar - 04-03-2022

So the best super power for a player in the ISFL has to be invisibility. This clearly is an overpowered strategy for any ball carrier. However my player is a cornerback and thus maybe not the best idea. So for a cornerback I’d say the best power is going to be instantaneous teleportation. This allows the CB to jump any route any should recover an INT every time the ball is thrown his way. 

Though upon reflection having a power where every threw is an INT would result in no throws being thrown that way ant thus no INT’s. So I’ll be going back to my initial choice of invisibility. This would give the QB a headache about whether to throw to any given player. The player could be under double coverage or just single it’s impossible to know. This air of unpredictability should cause the QB that split second which could result in a int across the whole pitch.

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - krazko - 04-03-2022

If I could grant Calvin one non lethal super power, Calvin Hobbes would get the power of elasticity. The elasticity ability can extend to shapeshifting, so he can use elasticity to change his form and density. This would be super useful in defensive position, so he could definitely use it as a Cornerback. When on the field Calvin would change his shape to be in the form of a big brick wall that covers the entire defensive field. Thus making it impossible for the opponents to score any points when Calvin is on the field. It will also free up the rest of the team to chase down the ball carrier and turn the entire game into a giant game of tag.
The counter to this would be someone with teleportation, but then they would need to first be able to avoid the ever shifting Calvin to be able to sucesfully teleport.

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - Cody - 04-03-2022

Of all of Barry Badman's experiments this one was his most ingenious yet. He had developed a new potion to enhance his flexibility so he could stretch out and make more catches but the potion had an unintended benefit. Barry had developed rubber like properties all throughout his body. This was very beneficial as a Tight End as he could this ability in a number of different ways. If he had to run a route and wasn't quite in the spot to make a catch he could stretch out his arms to reach the ball. He could enlarge the size of his hands (although they are very large) to ensure he held onto passes. He also had the ability to enlarge his entire body and give his Quarterback a bit of extra protection in the pocket. It's a very versatile power and Barry has been able to use it in a number of ways... he's thinking he might line up for Field Goal blocks in the future.

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - moonlight - 04-03-2022

Big Slammu is best known for his status as being one of the leads on the hit reality TV show "Street Sharks", but he's also a monster on the football field. Big Slammu is a genetically altered ("gene-slammed") half whale shark, half human hybrid. Quite honestly, he probably has a unfair advantage due to the speed, ferocity, size, strength and so on he gets from being gene-slammed. Frankly, you don't have to imagine Big Slammu with powers...he already has powers and abilities that go far beyond what should be possible on a football field. For example, his special move called the "Seismic Slam" where he smashes the ground with his fists which causes a mini earthquake. He uses it often in short yardage situations to trip up the runner. It's powers like these that have led to Big Slammu being one sack away from reaching the 100 sack milestone.

Code:
155 words

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - BenDover - 04-03-2022

As a new Cornerback in the DSFL, there are a couple options available for a potential super power that would up McAlister's game down the stretch. Starting off with telepathy, or being able to read the quarterback's mind would be very useful to putting the clamps on offense. Instead of watching hours upon hours of film, you could just read the play off the QBs mind and relay that information to the rest of the team. It would also help mid play as well as you would be able to know who they were going to throw to as well as what cuts the receiver was about to make before he even made them. Another potential power would be the invisible suit from the Aaron Donald commercial, as the QB and WR would never know where McAlister is on the field, leading to a lot of dumb passes to a heavily covered even if it doesn't look like it WR.