International Simulation Football League
(S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 (/showthread.php?tid=38305)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - Kyamprac - 03-30-2022

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - taterswc - 03-30-2022

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - bjkman - 03-30-2022

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - Pat - 03-30-2022

After reading a few of these prompts, it's obvious the top choice for people is to have super speed a la The Flash. That's boring. Whoop dee doo, you're super fast. Hey, what happens when EVERYONE ELSE has super speed? Huh? You're just a normal speed person! That's why my player's power would be that of Leech from the X-Men. What does Leech do? He suppresses super powers of all people within 50 feet of him. Oh hey, what's that? You have super speed? Well, I'm just going to stand within 50 feet of you and you'll be moving at normal speed!

Now, I know what you're going to say, "but Pat, if it's only when people get within 50 feet of him, what's to keep the super speed people from running around him?" Well, let's be real here: based on these responses my team would have at least ONE super speed person with me. They can simply catch up to the other super speed people and hold them in place long enough for Marciano to get close enough to dampen their powers! Bing bang boom!

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - Baron1898 - 03-30-2022

There are so many superpowers that would make opposing offenses give up out of sheer frustration. Super speed? Elasticity? Teleportation? No pass is ever being completed ever again. But Regina Ferraro will go with a slightly more unconventional and much more fun option: flight. Imagine how terrified quarterbacks would be if they knew that the opposing safety was capable of taking to the skies and intercepting the ball before the receiver even knew it was thrown. There is nothing in the ISFL rulebook that prohibits adding a third dimension to one’s movement. Yes, it’s not quite as broken as other possible choices, but what fun are those? Who at home would have fun watching someone with super speed when they can’t even see the play? Flight, on the other hand, is naturally photogenic. Plus, imagine the value Regina would have on special teams - no field goal or extra point is ever being completed ever again.

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - Tesla - 03-30-2022

Affiliate WSBL PT

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - Pvtpenne - 03-30-2022

A super power to use on the football field to dominate the ISFL; which one to choose? We all know speed dominates the ISFL as it is, so super speed is a pretty obvious choice. Simply catch a screen pass, turn the super speed on, and score an easy touchdown every single play. This one has to be the most useful, but also probably overplayed and a little boring. Next up is super strength. This one is more interesting and probably more entertaining for the viewers. Instead of simply catching a pass and speeding to the end zone, now I get to truck every single defender along the way. That said, after a few injuries on the defensive side of the ball they would probably stop trying and that would get boring too. I'm going to have to go with invisibility as the super power I would use in the ISFL. I think it would be just as effective as super speed or super strength because when I get the ball I can just go invisible and then just appear in the end zone. I'm mainly picking this one for the entertainment factor. Going invisible at just the right times and coming out of it at just the right times would still make the game enjoyable to watch, but I could still dominate.

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - Vulfzilla - 03-30-2022

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - KaleSalad - 03-30-2022

SHL affiliate 

RE: (S34) PT 4 - Roll 20 - 3lewsers - 03-30-2022

SHL Affiliate PT