International Simulation Football League
*Air Crou: The user that made it - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Air Crou: The user that made it (/showthread.php?tid=38670)

*Air Crou: The user that made it - Air Crou - 04-08-2022

Fourteen months ago I wrote this. I looked in my past in the league, while also looking inwards. I told my story from my own eyes, not how everyone around me witnessed it. I had the balls to admit my wrongdoings, instead of turning a blind eye to them. A month ago was my three year anniversary. I wanted to write something then, but I decided to save all the sappy stuff for the time Skiuuup would start approaching the end. And yes, after the Ultimus I will be officially retiring Cmon Skiuuup. My goal with him was to make it to the Hall of Fame. But it did not work as I intended. So I will just end it here, after getting the 10000 receiving yards achievement. Over the course of the ISFL, there was only 28 receivers with at least 10000 receiving yards. Skiuuup is the 29th. With a total of 9,946. I will wait till after the Ultimus, so that the Silverbacks can keep my corpse, allowing me to climb the leaderboard as high as I can. I could ride him to the ground, until autoretirement takes him to its sweet limbo, but I want to go out on my own terms. Same thing I did with Kroustis.

Speaking of which, @infinitempg, a very awesome and cool dude, created his WolfieBot, allowing us to finally be able to see foll career stats for players, at least for the big league. Now, back to Kroustis. Let's have a look at his career:

Drafted 31st overall by Norfolk in the S14 DSFL Draft
Drafted 34th overall by Yellowknife in the S25 ISFL Draft
[Image: Olkc6rB.png]
1x DT of the Year (S22)
3x Pro Bowls (S21, S22, S23)
5x Ultimus Bowl appearances (S18, S19, S20, S21, S23)
1x Ultimus Bowl victory (S23)
81-42 (.659) career regular season record
7-7 (.500) career playoffs record
88-49 (.642) total career record

Looking back, I am not happy at all. It was hot garbage. I mean, Kroustis was a winner. But that was the only thing he was. Unless it's an Ultimus Bowl. That's 1 win in four attempts. It has to be one of the players with the most Ultimus losses in league history. But I saw him play five. And I am actually happy this happened, as I had something to expect out of his career. Am I happy with the personal accolades? I am not. But I had poorly chosen a position. If I were a DT from the get-go, I would probably be holding some records by now. But I was just testing the waters. And other people's patience. By other people, I mean everyone. But we have all moved on. I feel I am starting to get that human interaction down, and I am starting to actually bond with people without it being them having to deal with me as teammates. Kroustis was up for Hall of Fame nomination. I had no hopes he would get in. And I was right. In hindsight, it was a good career. But there is no Hall of Good. It's the Hall of Fame. It only features the cream of the crop. And rightfully so, Kroustis is out. Would I want a different career? Yeah. I am really regretting not creating as a Defensive Tackle from the start. But hindsight 20/20. And that comes a whooping 10 seasons after his last game in a ISFL field. It is funny even thinking of it.

Which brings us to Skiuuup. It was a Shannon Sharpe goofy reference, due to my love of him riling our favorite, most biased, biggest LeBron hating, sports pundit, Skip Bayless. I mean, check my render. It's uncle Shannon wearing a durag, cigarillo hanging from his lips, serving himself some Hennesey, during a Undisputed show. I specifically requested for that one, and I had a massive crack when it appeared on the draft stream. He was a meme. but I was shooting for the Hall of Fame with him. I guess I have a shot, but I have to get those 10k yards. And maybe a ring in my corpse season? Dunno, I may make it without one. Let's see the career summary:

Drafted 94th in the S24 DSFL Draft by Dallas
Drafted 69th (nice) in the S25 Draft by Berlin
1x Offensive Breakout of the Year (S29)
2x Pro Bowls (S29, S31)
2x Ultimus Bowl appearances (S29, S32)
5x 1,000+ season rec yards (S29, S30, S31, S32, S34)
4x 10+ rec TDs (S29, S31, S32, S34)
87-73 (.544) career regular season record
4-4 (.500) career playoffs record
91-77 (.542) total career record
Expected to be the 29th player in ISFL history to surpass 10,000 receiving yards (9,946 currently, 29th most)
Expected to be the 11th player in ISFL history to surpass 80 receiving touchdowns (73 currently, T-16th most)

I mean, Skiuuup has some milestones checked, and is still climbing the leaderboards, as I still have S35 as a coprse season. So I hope I make the Hall of Fame, even without a ring. It's not high hopes, but hope dies last. I loved every second of this one. From Dallas to Berlin, and from there to New York. I have won no rings with Skiuuup, but I left something nice behind. And that's Berlin. A team I helped build from the ground up. It's in really good hands now, although I wouldn't have left if I knew Laser would step down and leave the team. But I guess everything happens for a reason. If I were still in the Salies, I'd probably have a harder time retiring Skiuuup. But I have set every receiving record in the team history, and I will be closely watching whether someone breaks them or not. But still, I helped set the tone for the future waves of players to come. I really wish DeWalt and Eldorian all the best.

Now, let's see how Air Crou has done as a user:
1x DT of the Year (S22)
1x Offensive Breakout of the Year (S29)
5x Pro Bowls (S21, S22, S23, S29, S31)
7x Ultimus Bowl appearances (S18, S19, S20, S21, S23, S29, S32)
1x Ultimus Bowl victory (S23)
12x Playoff appearances (S16-S23, S28-S30, S32)
168-115 (.594) career regular season record
11-11 (.500) career playoffs record
179-126 (.587) total career record

Being 1-6 in Ultimus Bowls is a bad one, but then there is my perennial teammate, @manicmav36, with mine and three or four more losses. I guess he'd be #1 and I'd be #2 in the list with the most Ultimus losses as a user. I could be wrong, but we are both top 5 at worst. But in all, I have really enjoyed my time here. So if you want a guy to take you to the Ultimus Bowl, I am your guy. I can't win it for you, but I can take you there. But my trip here is not over. After last year's self-reflective article, I took some time avoiding the league's spotlight, mostly focusing on the Berlin locker room. I was not a huge presence, but I spent most of my time dealing with ISFL there. I think I am now ready to leave my shitty past behind me, and look ahead, with hope, not sorrow. Which brings me to the Elephant in the room. I will be re-creating right after the Ultimus. Honoring Matty, who won the auction, I will be recreating as a quarterback, as a part of the Season 36 ISFL draft class. I know that most teams ask from aspiring QBs to swap away as they usually have other solutions, but you know that I am to be trusted, that I am active, and a max earner. And I am even willing to age out in the DSFL before coming up in the ISFL, if that is what it will take for me to get the starting job. But please, have one of your scouts reach out to me so I know there is mutual interest, as I have no preference as to which team I will play for.

Thanks for reading this! See you in the next one, peace!

RE: Air Crou: The user that made it - infinitempg - 04-08-2022

fwiw, @nunccoepi has 7 ultimus losses, so i think that puts you at third place

best of luck with the recreate! glad wolfiebot was helpful.

RE: Air Crou: The user that made it - Air Crou - 04-08-2022

(04-08-2022, 08:33 PM)infinitempg Wrote: fwiw, @nunccoepi has 7 ultimus losses, so i think that puts you at third place

Yeah, because having the most Ultimus losses is one of the best distinctions to have lmao. And yeah, wolfiebot is one of the greatest things in this league. I could find Kroustis' career for crying out loud. Thank you for that one, pal!

RE: Air Crou: The user that made it - deadlunatic - 04-08-2022

You had some good seasons! I definitely saw you as one of my rivals from our draft class. Good job

RE: Air Crou: The user that made it - Air Crou - 04-09-2022

(04-08-2022, 09:41 PM)deadlunatic Wrote: You had some good seasons! I definitely saw you as one of my rivals from our draft class. Good job
 It was a good one wasn't it?

RE: Air Crou: The user that made it - nunccoepi - 04-11-2022

(04-08-2022, 08:33 PM)infinitempg Wrote: fwiw, @nunccoepi has 7 ultimus losses, so i think that puts you at third place

I think I gained another one since you made that meme. S31 I lost again in the Blackstone Bowl. So that’ll be at least 8 Ultimus losses for me.

RE: Air Crou: The user that made it - nunccoepi - 04-11-2022

Congrats AC! Always surreal looking back on these sorts of things.

RE: Air Crou: The user that made it - Air Crou - 04-16-2022

(04-11-2022, 07:06 AM)nunccoepi Wrote: Congrats AC! Always surreal looking back on these sorts of things.

It will be even more surreal around November next year when I'll be looking back at thirty seasons of earning, double-digit Ultimus losses, and hopefully a second Ultimus ring, some MVPs, and a Hall of Fame career. Cheers to this and many more, lad!