International Simulation Football League
*PMoney's S35 Mock Draft 1.1 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *PMoney's S35 Mock Draft 1.1 (/showthread.php?tid=38777)

*PMoney's S35 Mock Draft 1.1 - PMoney - 04-13-2022

Hello and welcome to PMoney’s mock draft. With the mock draft task changing and becoming more interested in this draft due to having my player in it, I thought I’d provide my own personal opinion into what the teams could and should be drafting. It won’t be completely right and there are several players I’ve had in the first round that eventually got removed for this version so sorry if I lose anyone TPE for a sub optimal mock.

#1 COL  - Anthony Stark – @TeyonSchavari - CB
Colorado need some help in the secondary, as most teams this season seem to, and none other than former 5 time Ultimus champ Teyon is their pick. The former Otter and Silverback has proven pedigree in the league and is exactly what the Yeti are looking for. Such a solid member of the ISFL community is what Colorado will be looking for in their first pick and should be a slam dunk for a team on the up and up after a rough season.

#2 OCO - Ace McAlister – @BenDover - CB
OCO also need some help at CB with team legends Richard Leaking and Brandon Booker both retiring. Enter Ace McAlister. BenDover is an excellent user who provides LR presence as well as guaranteed max earning with his built up bank. Jamar played his whole career with SJS and OCO will be hoping that they get the same dedication and security for their next top CB.

#3 BAL - Regina Ferraro – @Baron1898 - S
Baltimore had one of the strongest DB groups in the league last season when they won the Ultimus, however with losing Raeni Clarke last offseason and Lip Gallagher testing FA this offseason, they could be in a bit of a pickle. Enter Ferraro. She has earned excellently and is the top DB by TPE available in the draft but needs to come up immediately after the draft which slightly limits options, but that works well with Baltimore needing a CB immediately and having Derek Wildstar regressing heavily will let Ferraro play the FS position she prefers. It’s a match made in heaven with a team that has previously valued veteran users heavily and with a positional fit that suits everyone. Draft priorities could change if Gallagher resigns and top FA target Wilkin II signs with Baltimore but for now Ferraro should be looked at as Baltimore's top option

#4 YKW – Kumquat Archipelago – @ReverendOReily - RB
YKW have needed a new RB ever since Jay Cue Jr. was traded and they’re making sure they get a good one here. It’s a close run call between TheCrab and Archipelago here but I think the Dallas connection with GM Zoot might give Archipelago the edge, even though he’s behind in TPE. Rev has missed a couple of tasks recently but Yellowknife will pick his lovely LR presence and earning potential to be worth more than a couple of TPE at this stage.

#5 PHI - Johnny delusional – @bjkman - LB
Phillies LB corps is about to be 2 400 TPE inactive players, not ideal for the position and while I expect 1 of the GMs or send down QBs to switch, Johnny Delusional is on the board. After a great career at K where he finished 2nd all time in points. Philly will want to take the best LB on the board to lock up one of those spots for the foreseeable future.

#6 AUS - Draft Steal – @Troen - DE
Troen was an Austin lifer on his last player and I can see them wanting to bring in the top DE in his class. It’s a position of need for the team and one that rarely comes up in drafts as strongly as it does with Troen in this draft. He’s proven at the position in the past and with it only getting stronger, he’s a sure fire pick as a potential HoFer in the future.

#7 SJS Owen Farrell - @Asked Madden - QB
A lock, Farrell is the future for SJS after playing there on his last player as Panda has sadly (for happy reasons) gone IA in the league. Madden could be up against it when he gets called up but the easiest pick of the mock.

#8 NYS – Carissa Van Campen - @"myrrh" - LB
NY could really do with a DL player but as the only one left above 150 TPE is still under investigation, they decide to go with the strongest LB left instead. With LB a position of need in the near future they can move one of their lower TPE LBs to the DL immediately to let Van Campen shine from day 1.

#9 NOLA Maximillian Hamilton – @Isidore94 - WR
NOLA are in good shape right now as one of the only teams with a near full defence so I see them taking offence with Maximillian Hamilton. Isidore was one of the most hyped prospects in the legendary S22 draft and with him back in the league, I see NOLA picking a very high upside pick at #9.

#10 SAR American Boot – @xenosthelegend - TE
Sarasota could go many ways with this pick but the user factors in bigly for them as they pick up Xenos at TE. While Mario Messi has a couple of serviceable seasons at TE, Xenos should be a key replacement for a roster that looks fairly good outside of a couple of defensive positions that look already sparse in this draft. Sarasota go with the Best User Available in someone who has already proven they are willing to do what it takes to improve a team on their previous player.

#11 ARI - Outlaw Mode Sicko -  @hotdog - CB
Hotdog back to Arizona won’t surprise many people who have paid attention (or read Laser’s mock draft). Position of need and user who wants to be there is a fairly safe pick.

#12  BER – Swantavius Payne - @Swanty - OL
Last time Swanty was in the draft Berlin needed the #1 pick to take him and while they could go a few ways, I see them jumping at the opportunity to grab the commissioner so late in the draft. Swanty is an excellent human being and a massive steal even for OL at #12. While CB could be a bigger need, the user value is massive and reliable OL will always be a top commodity in the league.

#13 PHI via HON - Pilot RedSun – @Jimi64 - OL
OL is always good and OL who have played on your team for life is extra good. Jimi will be an excellent addition to protect whichever of their send down QBs takes over from Negs. With their GM pick in the 2nd round and 2 max earning QBs in the DSFL still, Philly should be able to phil in all their holes quickly in this slight rebuild.

#14  CHI – Cob Corning - @stein - CB
Chicago picked up Harrison Andrews in a trade this season in an attempt to push them over the line to an Ultimus victory. This does mean that there’s a hole at CB and PickSix II is starting to regress more so they pick up a player I had going very high in this mock at points in Cob Corning. Stein should inject plenty of life into Chicago and could potentially end up a massive mock miss from me if they go far higher. One of the top CBs by TPE and a definite potential trade up target considering how many teams are needy at the position this season.

This mock ends up looking fairly similar to Laser’s mock because he’s very good at this stuff. For PT purposes I think a solid amount of these players should end up in the 1st round somewhere even if not exactly where I predicted them. It’s a really solid draft class with a lot of users with proven quality and there are some players I really hate to not have on here but if I go any further I might have to predict where my own player goes which would be no fun.

RE: PMoney's S35 Mock Draft 1.1 - zaynzk - 04-13-2022

Mock Draft Lets Go

RE: PMoney's S35 Mock Draft 1.1 - josda_ - 04-14-2022

I love mock drafts! Thanks for posting!

RE: PMoney's S35 Mock Draft 1.1 - negs - 04-14-2022

Philly should be able to Phil in their holes. Solid pun no one should miss

RE: PMoney's S35 Mock Draft 1.1 - Greenbaynathan - 04-14-2022

I will not be inactive much longer, my league break is almost over

RE: PMoney's S35 Mock Draft 1.1 - RussDrivesTheBus - 04-14-2022

(04-14-2022, 12:19 PM)Greenbaynathan Wrote: I will not be inactive much longer, my league break is almost over
LET'S GOOOOOO!!! Happy to hear that!

RE: PMoney's S35 Mock Draft 1.1 - Cody - 04-14-2022

More mock drafts are always welcome!