International Simulation Football League
*Roque Santa Cruz's DSFL destinations graded - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Roque Santa Cruz's DSFL destinations graded (/showthread.php?tid=38886)

*Roque Santa Cruz's DSFL destinations graded - Air Crou - 04-18-2022

As I am taking a look at the TPE tracker and the season 36 draft class, hoping I will make sense to make a mock draft, mostly to make some money on top of what I am already making, and I stumbled across an idea. Take a look at the DSFL teams and see what team is most likely to pick me in the upcoming DSFL draft. I will say this beforehand. Right now, if I were to say what team I'd want to go to, I'd tell you that I don't know as I don't know what interest there is, so I will keep this list as objective as possible, based on the team's quarterback situation and whether a callup is imminent or not. I will however provide a comment about whether I think each team picks me. With that out of the way, let's get started.

First of, I want to talk about the Bondi Beach Buccaneers. The Bucs are in the weird situation of losing their QB, Bageshwari Singh, after season 35, to a callup to the Berlin Fire Salamanders, following Joliet Christ Jr.'s retirement. In terms of necessity, I would say me being available is like a gift to them, and as not every DSFL team needs a quarterback, I will probably be available as deep as the third or fourth round, even later, as I tend to be unlucky there. Could there be someone in the season 36 DSFL draft? Yes. Will I be occupying a spot of a player that could contribute on the field? Again, yes. Do I solve a big problem for them? Also, yes. Do I think they will pick me? Well, I'd say so. I check all boxes, and I have come a long way from being a piece of shit to a normal human being.
Grade:
Need: A-
Preference: A

After that we have the Birddogs. The Dallas QB, Christian Marciano, is next in line for the Philly helm, and with Ryan Negs entering the deep ends of regression, it is likely season 35 will be Marciano's last in the DSFL, meaning Dallas is in the same situation as Bondi Beach. Again, I may be occupying a spot, but it's Dallas of all teams. I'd ride the bench there, even if it was four seasons lol.
Grade:
Need: A
Preference: A+

Kansas City and Minnesota are the two teams that will probably not even sneak a look my way, as they are both coeverd with QBs from the season class, that are long from being called up to the ISFL, so I will group them together
Grade:
Need: F

Here is where things get spicey. Royals' QB, Kaguya Shinomiya, is also next to take over for Negs. So I guess either Shinomiya or Marciano will swap away from QB after going up to the ISFL, putting London in a similar situation to Dallas. So we have three teams that are on the market for a QB to take over after season 35 is over, so I would put London down on the list as well.
Grade:
Need: A-

Portland, the team I co-GM'd for a season, is in a peculiar situation, with a QB that is not yet ready to go up, but Boone McCoy is set to take over from Gimmy Jaroppolo Jr., who is going to enter regression after season 35, being barely above 1000 TPE, which is the second least TPE for a QB to not enter regression yet, with Sailor having the least, but being two regression classes younger to Gimmy Jr. Could that spell an early call up for McCoy after season 35? Well, no, as Jaroppolo will still be competent, even at 800 TPE, so the Pythons will not be on the lookout yet, unless they are willing to split the snaps or have me ride the bench for two seasons. And two seasons are wishful thinking on my end, let's be honest.
Grade:
Need: C

And we move on to Tijuana. I will skim over this one, as it is a similar situation to Portland above, but with a QB a season older, entering regression this season. Which could very well mean they may take a look at me, but I feel it is unlikely. I should also try and take a look at the draft order, to try and guess where I'd have to be for each team to draft me, but I am not even sure if I will get it. Being the only quarterback in the draft class helps me A TON, and will probably make teams think if skipping on me for later will work, but that's some chess the GMs can play during the draft. I won't even bother with it lol. So back to the Lucha. Same as Portland, but the QB Jones is set to take over the NOLA helm from, is a season older, slightly above 1k TPE. Meaning they'd have to play at around 800 TPE in season, which likely opens the door for an early call up for Jones. But I guess, you can use your current regressing QB at 550 as you are rebuilding, without wasting the rookie season of your sent down QB.
Grade:
Need: C++

And last but not least, the only team to have reached out to me so far, Norfolk. This is a weird one, as their current QB is young, drafted by an ISFL team with a GM having recreated as QB (Austin, the current KCC QB), and I can't even tell if they are active or not. So this is a big unknown to me, and I can't even think of a proper pathway for me to get the job, except for Buckshank being inactive. But Connor is the Dotts head, which makes that theory a big pile of crap, so I don't even know what's up here. So I will just say that it depends on whether the Norfolk GMs want to have us split snaps. This one gets me befuddled. I guess we will know in due time.
Grade:
Need: Anywhere between B- and D
Preference: A-

As you've seen, all teams are on my preferred destination list. So all you DSFL GMs gotta do is reach out! Have a good one! Cheers!