International Simulation Football League
*Al Sims says his team choices - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Al Sims says his team choices (/showthread.php?tid=3899)

Pages: 1 2

*Al Sims says his team choices - Askin - 08-31-2017

Hello every one. My name is al sims. I am a new kicker to the league this year and have served my first season with the orange county otters. I want to talk about myself as a kicker in the draft and my future in the league.

I know that there are some good kickers in the league that are more skilled then me and better in the game but for some teams I want to say that I have grit and team spirit that I hope makes me a good fit for the right team. So what team is the write team for me? The orange county otters is where I want to play. If you aren’t the orange county otters I am sorry but its not a personal thing I just know that there are some guys that are very friendly and a good group there. I have talked to mark spector and verns more then all the other people in the league combined and I would like to play with them.

I have gotten help here from people who took a new player under there leadership and helped me learn what to do and to be better. So that it why I would want to come back and be an orange county otter after the draft.

I know some teams have talked to me and said they are going to want to draft me and all of that and ill just say you should think about that and please don’t. there are other kickers and they would be a good fit for your teams and would probably be good for you.

I would also say the only other team I wouldn’t hate to play for is the Baltimore hawks because I know somebody personally from the team there but I know they have one of the best kickers in the league and I would like to stay as a kicker. I know a lot of you guys have been sending me like a hundred questions and im trying to not make people angry or feel bad but I just don’t want to get all of these questions from you because I would not want to be on your team anyways so just stop.

I think another reason why you should not draft me and the otters should is that I know that if I go on the otters there are people there who direct message me and help me to get my stats updated, do the tasks and spend my points in the right spots. If I was to go on a team that did not have the good group and the community team feel that the orange county otters have then I don’t think that I would be as good of a player because I would have less of a want to get on so that would be helping nobody. I would not have as much fun and you would not have as good of a player.

I am sure that other teams will find kickers they like in the league or other people who are good choices and will like being with there team instead of me. I was just lucky to be taken by the best team and I like the owners of the team who have talked to me since the first hour I made my player and then believed in me and took me in the middle of the season. so this is al sims making my introduction and saying thanks to my otter team for being a good team to me, thanks to other team owners for showing interest in me, and thanks to the otters owners for believing in me for there kicker this year. I hope to be back in orange otter jerseys after this draft.

GRADED

*Al Sims says his team choices - tlk742 - 08-31-2017

Our first kicker hold out.

*Al Sims says his team choices - Perry87 - 08-31-2017

(08-31-2017, 07:07 AM)tlk742 Wrote:Our first kicker hold out.

What a time to be alive

*Al Sims says his team choices - kckolbe - 08-31-2017

(08-31-2017, 04:07 AM)tlk742 Wrote:Our first kicker hold out.
Our first #2 kicker hold out.

*Al Sims says his team choices - ErMurazor - 08-31-2017

(08-31-2017, 05:46 AM)kckolbe Wrote:Our first #2 kicker hold out.

At least he knows it I guess? Lol.

*Al Sims says his team choices - kckolbe - 08-31-2017

(08-31-2017, 08:03 AM)ErMurazor Wrote:At least he knows it I guess? Lol.

This is actually really interesting, in a weird way. There are two kickers who will definitely be drafted, and three teams that need a kicker. Legion has way too few picks, so let's ignore them. OC have pretty much set on a kicker. This means that Blewitt, who should be a top prospect, will likely fall to the end of the second just due to lack of draft threats. Sims, already a mid-rounder, can basically wait until the end of the draft.

While I did poke a little fun, this may affect the draft significantly. Also, this is two years in a row that a waiver claim has refused to sign anywhere but OC, both times potentially giving them a huge value at a position of need.

*Al Sims says his team choices - ErMurazor - 08-31-2017

(08-31-2017, 08:16 AM)kckolbe Wrote:This is actually really interesting, in a weird way.  There are two kickers who will definitely be drafted, and three teams that need a kicker.  Legion has way too few picks, so let's ignore them.  OC have pretty much set on a kicker.  This means that Blewitt, who should be a top prospect, will likely fall to the end of the second just due to lack of draft threats.  Sims, already a mid-rounder, can basically wait until the end of the draft.

While I did poke a little fun, this may affect the draft significantly.  Also, this is two years in a row that a waiver claim has refused to sign anywhere but OC, both times potentially giving them a huge value at a position of need.

Well, they're doing something right in OC I guess. One benefit of picking up guys on the waiver wire is that you can let them see your culture and have a trial run.

*Al Sims says his team choices - ADwyer87 - 08-31-2017

(08-31-2017, 09:16 AM)kckolbe Wrote:  Sims, already a mid-rounder, can basically wait until the end of the draft.
He's not falling to the end of the draft, I'll tell u right there. Ronaldo, I believe, would rather just be a punter, so getting a kicker would help us both. On top of that, it's just defensive drafting and lower player pool. Last year when Clegane declared he would only sign for one team it didn't matter as much because there were OL like Sharpei and Pest who were solid. In this draft, I'll take the rosk that Sims doesn't want to to hold out for the entire year just on the basis that at WORST for Arizona OCO won't have a kicker this year once again which we will benefit from

*Al Sims says his team choices - 7hawk77 - 08-31-2017

This announcement doesn't bother me, however when I asked you a few days ago if playing for the Sabercats would be something that interests you, you said: "sure".

I don't really know if you changed your mind super quickly or if you lied to me... but either way, Lord Nibbler is displeased.

*Al Sims says his team choices - cosbornballboy - 08-31-2017

(08-31-2017, 04:27 AM)Perry87 Wrote:What a time to be alive

Exhilarating