International Simulation Football League
*A Little Bit About the Outlaws for the Rookies - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *A Little Bit About the Outlaws for the Rookies (/showthread.php?tid=3913)

*A Little Bit About the Outlaws for the Rookies - ErMurazor - 08-31-2017

As a season 3 rookie you’ve probably got a lot going on right now. Most of you are trying to figure out how to spend TPE, how to make your player better, or what position you should play. There’s a discord with people spamming pictures all day and every GM and their mother is sending you cookie cutter private messages that they’re literally sending to every prospect.

A lot of you are probably reading things about other teams and thinking man that sounds really good, “I want to go there!” First and most importantly, I’ve got some bad news for you; you don’t get to choose where you play. The rookie system is designed where teams pick you, it’s not the job of a team to win you over, it’s your job to win over a team. The Outlaws stance on rookie holdouts before you’ve even seen a locker room is: They’re bad and don’t do them. We discouraged players from doing them in the season 2 draft and we’ll do the same this season. So what the hell are we writing this? I once told somebody I would “rek some nerds who are putting no respek on our name” so here we are.
Now back on track, I know other teams are telling you things like “We have a winning ATTITUDE” and “WE ARE THE BEST (insert qualifier) TEAM.” As a member of the Outlaws you can just say, “We are the best team.” We have a winning HISTORY, whatever our attitude is, it’s a winning one. The Outlaws organization is dedicating to winning and that’s what we’ve done since the league’s creation. Apparently at this moment having the best position to beat the Outlaws means you get the honor of having your ass kicked on the biggest stage.
The Outlaws have consistency. The Outlaws have been led by Adwyer87 since day 1. Dwyer is an experience sim league general manager and he isn’t going anywhere. Does it matter how much you like the general manager of a team when their average tenure there is less than a month? I don’t think so!

Other teams have “Job Opportunities” and good teams like the Outlaws don’t have any positions for rookies. First I’ll point out that every active rookie from the season 2 draft on the Outlaws roster was seeing significant snaps all year. Second, the Outlaws didn’t become the best team in the league by playing favorites with vet players. In season 1, Vincent Draxel was the best quarterback in the league and led the Outlaws to an NSFL Championship. In the offseason King Bronko passed him and was the better player, this year Draxel road the pine and Bronko brought a second Ultimus back to Arizona. If you put in the work you will start on this team. At the start of season 2, the Outlaws snagged a rookie free agent named Godfrey King @Shadowz . He got a lot of reps in practice (Yes, the Outlaws have practice sims too!) but was rotating in behind the starters when he first joined the team on the defensive line. Godfrey King put in work all season and was a starting defensive tackle in the Ultimus game. The best players play in Arizona and playing with the best players make everyone look better on the stat sheet too.

“Being picked up by the Outlaws at the beginning of the season was both exciting and nerve-wracking. On one hand, I was simply ecstatic to be placed on any NSFL roster, but the defending champions? Who could dream of something better? The worrying bit was that again these were the defending champions, and I would have a lot to prove from the onset that I belong on the roster. Everybody on the team knew what it took to go all the way, and that motivated me to improve my game and work as hard as possible. Sitting on the bench for the first couple of games was a little rough, but it just made me resolve to work harder. I observed what our best defensive players were doing, and did my best to replicate it. Any improvement I’ve made this season, I partially owe it to my Arizona teammates.”-Godfrey King, S2 waiver wire pick-up and S3 DT prospect

“But Arizona doesn’t have loyalty! They benched their QB and traded away an active wide receiver!” The Outlaws are as loyal to their players as they are to the organization. If you’re putting in as much work as the rest of team, you’re not going anywhere. We’re here to win. We’ve accommodated players who wanted to try yellower pastures. In season 2 we traded up to grab one of our favorite free agent pickups that season, offensive lineman Tim Pest. Nearly every member on the Outlaws roster was offered a bonus this season. The Outlaws take care of their own.

“But the Outlaws aren’t helpful to rookies!” I don’t want to give away too much, but I think all of the rookies on our locker room would vouch for the helpfulness of the other players on the Outlaws roster. We’ll help you earn cash, earn TPE, spend TPE, get a job, book a hotel for a night, or find a new Netflix show to watch. Here are some of the jobs held by Outlaws players: Player updater, recruiter, fantasy head, rookie mentor, head office chairperson, simmer, media grader, and graphics grader. If you need help, we’ve got you covered.

“But they have more ‘fun’ on other teams!” I don’t know what other teams do in their locker rooms, but I know the Outlaws have the most active players in the league, I don’t think they’re logging in because they’re not having fun. Plus, winning tends to be an enjoyable experience. But if you need somebody to google Emma Watson) for you (though there are even bots that can do that or tell you that you did your best even if it wasn’t good enough, then maybe you won’t have fun here.

If the Outlaws have a place for you on the roster, you’ll be hearing from us in the coming days. Not with 50 generic questions, but with a conversation. If not, we don’t want to draft people who aren’t going to get to play or have fun.

Finally, what better way to show you what the Outlaws are about than the guys that were in your position a short season ago.

“I love the outlaws. They are my best friends. They help me be the number one offensive lineman in the entire world. They trade up and draft me before all other offensive linemen. I want to die here.” –Tim Pest, S2 Offensive Lineman

“Bruhh the Outlaws are lit. I’m the best rookie linebacker in the league because I got to play with some ballers on defense. Jaylon Lee out there big dick swinging everywhere so I can get them big numbos. When I joined this team Bronko and Mackworthy said I could bang some cheerleaders after we won the Ultimus. Last night I banged three Cheerleaders from Baltimore. The Outlaws are the truth.” –Luke Luechly, S2 Linebacker

“Last year I was the best kicker in the league for the Otters. This year I was the best kicker in the league on the Outlaws. But this year I get to go to the Probowl and I got to win the playoff cup One team said they would try to pick me in the draft and did not. One team said they were going to make me happy and win in the first playoff round and they did.”-Christiano Ronaldo, S2 Punter

“As a Season 2 rookie at a crowded position (Wide Receiver) I was really not sure what the draft process would look like for me, especially considering I joined so close to the draft and had little time to earn TPE. I talked with 7 of the 8 teams at one point or another and far and away the most transparent and open team was the Arizona Outlaws. Once I joined the Outlaws I knew immediately that I was going to be on a successful team just by how active folks like Er and ADwyer remain and how willing they are to help new members. Took make a long story short, I was promoted to Co-GM halfway through the year -- proving that even a rookie can contribute at the top levels of the organization. If you look at our team over the past season I don’t think you could find one player who wasn’t satisfied with the environment of the Outlaws Locker Room, it’s truly a step above the rest of the league. As a Co-GM, I’m always willing to help new (and old) members with articles, Er keeps a handy TPE Tracking table and AD does a lot of the wheeling and dealing with free agents and other teams. It’s a great system, an incredibly fun locker room, and as our 2 championship rings will attest to: our method works.”-Charles Albert Chess, S2 Wide Receiver (and now Outlaws Co-GM)

Grader: Please give 10% of this article each to: Shadowz, Sanctus, YoloSwag420, and Timpest.

GRADED

*A Little Bit About the Outlaws for the Rookies - 4D Chess - 08-31-2017

Outlaws are best and our discord is best even if we don't have people spamming gifs of average looking women