International Simulation Football League
*Austin Morley KCC post draft presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Austin Morley KCC post draft presser (/showthread.php?tid=39174)

*Austin Morley KCC post draft presser - soevil - 05-01-2022

After being selected 5th overall in the S35 DSFL draft, WR Austin Morley is available for questions.

@XaveValor asks: 
How do you feel about your new team? Arr you happy to be there?

I am very happy to have ended up with the Kansas City Coyotes, and I had a feeling that I was going to end up here. From everything I’ve heard, Kansas City is a great place to live and they have some of the best fans in the league. Plus, it’s always great going to a playoff team. I’m over the moon to get to play with not only a stud Quarterback in Queen Elizabeth II, but getting to play with fellow rookie standouts Mandrews (@Rusfan), Zaphod (@Mooty99), and  Octavio (@Raven) … man it’s going to be a fun season. Hopefully we can build on the success of last season and make another push towards an Ultimini. 

What picks during the draft surprised you?

Picks 1-4. 

Seriously though, I’m absolutely shocked and appalled that it took so long for my brothers in Joseph Reed(@Reedy0rNot) and Walter McKinley (@KingOfTheOzone) to go in the draft. I had the pleasure of playing with Walt at THE Ohio State University and he is the true embodiment of a what it means to be a Buckeye. Big Joe Reed, on the other hand, has been my best friend and brother since we were kids. We’ve been training together all offseason and he is a beast and absolute unit on the interior defensive line. 

What was the greatest draft steal in the DSFL?

In my opinion, Nick Smith (@SmittyHextall) in the late 6th was the steal of the draft. I wouldn’t be surprised if he helps lead the Dallas Birddogs to another run at the Ultimini. He lead the entire Prospect Bowl in attempts and yards and had a really good yard per carry number. He’s a true workhorse back and I hope that he continues to show out in the DSFL. 

What would you say to the 4 teams that passed on you?

There isn’t anything for me to say to them. They’ve made their beds and now they’ll have to sleep in them. I know everyone says this when they get passed up, but I really don’t know what else to say. 

@firstfray asked

Have you enjoyed the Kansas City area so far? 

So far I think it’s been good. I am just beginning my house hunting search and since it’s a pretty big city, there is still a lot left to explore. I’m hoping that I can find a CiCi’s pizza somewhere around here. I’ll probably eat there 3-5 times a week. 

Any fellow rookies on the team you’ve hung out with so far?

I’ve really been trying to stick with the other guys in the recievers room. I think it definitely
helps to get to know the guys you’ll be spending a lot of time with. Hopefully we can start building up some relationships and chemistry that’ll carry over to the field once games start

Where have you spent the most time in the KCC facilities?

I think right now most of my time has been spent in the film room and on the practice field. My day usually starts with a solid film and study session and then in the afternoons I like to start my workouts off with a rigorous footwork session. Getting those sick releases off the line doesn’t come as naturally to me as it does some of my peers, so I definitely put the work im every day. 

Rumors have been swirling that you plan to switch from #7. What went behind that and what will your new number be?

Yeah, I’m going to officially be changing to number 33 for this season. This is really nothing major, just me wanting to be a good teammate. There are other guys in our locker room that want to rock the 7. To me, the only numbers that matter are the ones in the win and loss columns.  

@Mooty99 asks

What do you make of the new KCC WR group?

I genuinely think that this could be one of the most prolific wide reciever groups in the history of the DSFL. Now, I’m definitely just saying that and have no clue about what other great receiver rooms there have been, but we just got 4 realy great players that I think could all easily be any teams too target. I think we’ll be a hard group to grade for fantasy because you’ll never know who’s gonna pop off on a given week. 

Who do you think will be QE2 (our QB) favourite target?

This is really tough to say. Kind of like I said before, I think all of us bring something really special to the team and I’m not really sure that there will be a huge drop off in targets from one reciever to the next. 

Favourite pizza?

It’s not delivery, it’s Digiorno. Mostly because I’m a home body and can devour a whole one while binging Netflix. 

@xenosthelegend asks

What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

As lame as it sounds, just hook me up with some vanilla ice cream and let me dump Hershey chocolate syrup all over it. Yum. 

@AnUnoriginalGuy asks

What’s the KCC locker room been like?

So far the locker room has been solid. In my short time, everyone has been very friendly and it seems like we’re all ready to get to work and prepare for the season ahead. 

@Twenty6 (what’s good Koa King) asks

Why do you prefer lining up in the slot?

I’ve always been pretty undersized and when I started playing my coaches instinctively lined me up there. I’m not sure if they just didn’t think I was the “prototypical” wideout or what. Over time I just kind of accepted it and continually worked on my footwork, short area quickness, and route running and it really just became a staple of my game. I definitely think I can line up outside still, but I do feel most comfortable out of the slot. 

What's your favorite route to run, and why?

It really depends on the situation. Against man coverage I really do only prefer two, sort of three routes: 9s (go, streak, whatever you call it), and slants or drags. Some people might think that’s lazy route running, but honestly I just find it the most effective. If a defender is playing up on me, usually I am either faster than they are and can pull away with pure speed -especially if it’s a linebacker or safety on me - or if I might not be as fast, I can stack them up and gain the leverage on a 9. If they’re playing 7 yards off or so, a quick inside route like a slant or drag gets me open in space a lot quicker, and the magic really happens when I get the ball in my hands.

How do you deal with double teams?

Man I love double teams. I’m not even gonna front on this. I could not care less if I can beat a double team or not. 100% I am happy for whatever teammate is singled up because I want them to get the ball. I hope that I get doubled on every single play to open it up for my guys. 

RE: Austin Morley KCC post draft presser - XaveValor - 05-01-2022

How do you feel about your nee team? Arr you happy to be there?

What picks during the draft surprised you?

What was the greatest draft steal in the DSFL?

What would you say to the 4 teams that passed on you?

RE: Austin Morley KCC post draft presser - firstfray - 05-01-2022

Have you enjoyed the Kansas City area so far?

Any fellow rookies on the team you’ve hung out with so far?

Where have you spent the most time in the KCC facilities?

Rumors have been swirling that you plan to switch from #7. What went behind that and what will your new number be?

RE: Austin Morley KCC post draft presser - Mooty99 - 05-01-2022

What do you make of the new KCC WR group?

Who do you think will be QE2 (our QB) favourite target?

Favourite pizza?

RE: Austin Morley KCC post draft presser - xenosthelegend - 05-01-2022

What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

RE: Austin Morley KCC post draft presser - AnUnoriginalGuy - 05-01-2022

What’s the KCC locker room been like?

RE: Austin Morley KCC post draft presser - Twenty6 - 05-01-2022

What's good, Koa King!

1) Why do you prefer lining up in the slot?
2) What's your favorite route to run, and why?
3) How do you deal with double teams?

Tooootally not scouting you.