International Simulation Football League
(S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap (/showthread.php?tid=39190)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - ComebackZak - 05-06-2022

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - AL_GRINGO - 05-06-2022

WSBL PT

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - Crunk - 05-06-2022

Well, I am biased, but this last ISFL draft had only one winner in my opinion, and that is my beloved Arizona Outlaws.

Our first pick was the gloriously named Outlaw Sicko Mode. This guy is coming to the desert to lock down the corner position for seasons to come. The user @hotdog is an absolutely excellent gentleman, who knows a thing or two about GMing a successful team in the SHL and has a dong like a baby's arm holding another baby's arm holding an apple.

Our second pick was one of my absolute favourite guys, @Hordle. I can't even remember what his player is called - he's currently a wide receiver - but that's kind of irrelevant. This guy is the biggest steal in the ISFL draft and I am going to call this now - he will be league MVP for the Outlaws one day. Bookmark this post. Am I drinking? Obviously. But I stand by this. This is the best pick of the Season 35 draft, it'll just take a while for people to realise.

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - JKortesi81 - 05-06-2022

PBE PT

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - Cincyfan96 - 05-06-2022

The steal of the draft, based solely on name because let's be honest here I don't got time to figure out who is actually good, was without question Ignatius Reilly falling to London in the 4th round of the DSFL draft. What does every team need when they are down late in the game? A rally. How do you start a rally? By igniting it. What is this man's literal NAME?!? IGNATIUS REILLY. Yeah yeah yeah, I hear your, he didn't spell rally right! That's like O'Reilly, not rally, Cincyfan. Psssssssssh. We all know what it is. And every team that picked anyone before him got suckered into it. London played the long con, kept their cool, picked up some traditionally highly rated prospects in the first few rounds, and then picked up the best of the best, ignitor of rallies, maker of winners, Ignatius Reilly.

***This point task is brought to you by yesboom. Do you need to ignite a rally? yesboom can. Call 1-800-yes-boom for your free sample of wisdom and rally igniting today.***

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - Chucky - 05-06-2022

Being drafted 3rd overall by the bondi beach bucs was a dream come true, as I got to return back home. While I want to say I'm the biggest draft steal and the bucs had the best draft that would be an outrageous lie. The pythons had a bunch of holes in their defense which they helped address by grabbing some of the best prospects in the draft - notably Xavier Valorian and Akaki Akayre. While the KCC had a great draft, drafting 4 WRs is outrageous. However, in the case that any are willing to change positions, then KCC will have killed the draft by drafting some of the top earners this year. Nonetheless, my rookie of the year was Austin Morley, but having to compete against 3 WRs in the room will greatly hurt his stats. In my opinion, if Derrick Prince can continue earning the way he is, he will make a great resume for ROTY.  Prince is undoubtely the WR1 on the bucs, and only thing that stands in his way is his loose cannon of a QB, Singh.

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - LB3737 - 05-06-2022

PBE PT

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - Tesla - 05-06-2022

Alright a host of questions here that I will answer to the best of my ability. ISFL level I am going to say Anthony Stark for the completely unbiased reason that they drove one of the biggest movie franchises of all time and did so starting with their first movie. That is rookie of the year material right there. Meanwhile at the DSFL level I do not want to appear biased so I will skip that one.

My obvious answer is going to be my own team as I was involved in that and think we did a legitimately good job. That said a draft where you get superstar users like TeyonSchavari who came in and immediately felt like one of the gang. Our family Ephenssta who is such a pillar of our locker room that I could not begin to overstate how important they are to us. Aleris who similarly to Teyon adapted quickly in part because he was already on a team with a bunch of us in the SHL. One of my all time favorite users ScorpXCracker who has been exceptional in their latest tenure. Even our later round picks like Azjha_59 who has been perfectly pleasant in all of my interactions with them, and NamelessNate who was quite polite during my introduction to them shortly after the draft. A few sure things and a few potential steals make me happy as can be here.

The fact Ephy fell out of the first round I think is still the steal of the draft for me, but I confess that is heavily biased how much I adore their presence in the Yeti locker room. That said all of us are subject to biases so I am going to stand with it that Eph is the draft DB Cooper moment.

Code:
Word Count: 301

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - sarah - 05-06-2022

pbe affiliate

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - lordcoolcats - 05-06-2022

As a pup, born newly into this simulated world, I have imprinted upon my Seawolf fleet. As such, my unbiased opinion is as follows:  I am of unrelenting certainty that Norfolk managed to compose the greatest draft, not only of this season, but of all time. We were able to acquire an illustrious roster of both offensive and defensive players. Not only did we snag the top prospect, Graham Harper (likely rookie of the year), as the #1 pick in the draft at cornerback, we also shored up our defense with Safety Jauan Holland and Cornerback Tae Dawson. On the offensive side we bolstered our arsenal with wide receiver Thomas Robinson and Tight End Jasper Fontaine, among others. 

When it comes to the best steal in the draft, I will be polite and not mention my own name; therefore, I am forced to look outside my own bubble. A name that stands out to me is Zaphod Beeblebrox for the Kansas City Coyotes. This esteemed gentleman somehow managed to sneak by as a 37th pick, despite heavy productivity in the forums and a hearty TPE accumulation. It is clear in mine own eyes, that this player is not messing around. They came to this league to dominate and I have no doubt they will pose a tough challenge, even to my dearest seawolves.