International Simulation Football League
(S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap (/showthread.php?tid=39190)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - PMoney - 05-08-2022

WSBL Affiliate Username: Mooney

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - Cody - 05-08-2022

The Season 35 ISFL Draft was a fairly split draft between new users and recreates. I think every team feels like they had a good draft this go around. 

In the first round if we're not counting Philadelphia and Berlin as they both had two first rounders and used both picks on great veteran users. I think the winners were Baltimore selecting Cob Corning (Stein) and New York selecting Carissa van Campen (myrrh). These were two users that teams were very excited about and I believe they will be great users on this site for years to come. 

The second round we saw a lot of GM picks and recreate picks. I thought the team with the best selection outside of those was Sarasota with their pick of Mistah Freddy (seafreddy) it's a perfect match for a position of need in Sarasota. 

The third round is where we usually see the "steals/gems" of a draft and season 35 didn't disappoint. I really like 3 players in this round that I think could be good earners, Colorado's pick of Triple Option (Aleris) Austin's pick of Ryland Bunnell (RylandB) and Philadelphia's selction of Kyzir Washington (Kw1) These players all had great scouting conversations and I think with encouragement could be some of the best new users in the class.

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - Philliesphan96 - 05-08-2022

WSBL Affiliate

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - Amidships - 05-08-2022

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - shadyshoelace - 05-08-2022

WSBL affiliate

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - moonlight - 05-08-2022

The Season 35 draft has now concluded and all the drafted players are excited and flying over the country to get to their teams facilities. Big Slammu remembers his draft night well. He was one of the top linebackers available but for some odd reason, he fell all the way to the third round. The Wraiths were eager to get him and they traded away a bunch of picks to draft him at the top of the third round. He was frustrated and it only motivated him more to make all those teams who passed on him (including his own team) to regret that decision. It's fairly certain they do regret it as Big Slammu has terrorized opposing teams and made his presence known on the football field. This season might end up with Big Slammu officially reaching the top 5 on the all-time sacks list. His message is to all the 3rd rounders drafted this year: show them why you're great!

Code:
165 words

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - SDCore - 05-08-2022

PBE PT

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - zeagle1 - 05-08-2022

WSBL PT

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - xenosthelegend - 05-08-2022

The ISFL and DSFL drafts of S35 recently concluded. The S35 ISFL draft was great, and I went in the first round, but instead of painting these grand illustrations of me being the best player in the draft, I will instead focus on the S35 DSFL draft. There were many new creates in this draft, and many of them will go on to be great players and users in the league. It may seem weird to call a first rounder a steal, but that is exactly what I am going to do, as this player will have a hall of fame career. This player is Don Dobbler, wide receiver for the Tijuana Luchadores, and sixth pick in the DSFL draft. He may be sixth in TPE for receiver in his class, but he is one of two receivers who are not IA to be a speed receiver. But there is another reason why I have these expectations of him. He reached out to me, I mistook him for a GM, and we had a great conversation before the draft.

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - MrStennett - 05-08-2022

I truly believe that Kumquat Archipelago could be the Offensive Rookie of the Year this season if given the opportunity to show what he can do. He was one of the top five draft picks for a reason, going early to a rebuilding Yellowknife Wraiths team that should have the snaps at running back to feature him in their game plan. I don't believe there will be many, if any, significant quarterback callups to compete with him, so he should have free reign to run all the way to his first career award. As a two time former Rookie of the Year myself, one on the offensive side and one on defense, I know that it all really comes down to sim luck, but a mess of TPE certainly doesn't hurt. TPE is something that Kumquat definitely isn't lacking, so he should be able to be incredibly competitive right from the beginning of the season.

Code:
155 words