International Simulation Football League
(S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap (/showthread.php?tid=39190)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - LancedJack - 05-03-2022

No one, and I mean absolutely no one, can replace the outstanding Running Back that was GOAT TANK. However in their typical mode of selecting animal based Running Backs the Berlin Fire Salamanders may have the steal of their draft, sniping back ahead of the Yeti to grab Rab the Crab. The crab himself ran for almost 1500 yards at the DSFL level and had the 2nd top Touchdown total on the year despite rushing as a true rookie. To be able to nab him to replace GOAT TANK as the man glides his way on a downward trajectory with a late first round selection is borderline thievery. Especially to do it ahead of a team with clear cut intentions of drafting this particular player. On the back of an opening week touchdown from the Crab, Berlin have gone on to defeat the incumbent Ultimus Champion Chicago Butchers. I wouldn't go as far as to say this will determine the path that the player, or the team, will take. But it's safe to say that all is well in Berlin with their first rounders bringing the firepower they need. Draft? Berlin. Steal? Berlin.

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - lespoils - 05-03-2022

[Image: pt.png?width=540&height=306]

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - stein - 05-03-2022

There were so many great users in both drafts this season, especially in the DSFL, but narrowing it down I expect PurpleReign, Xave, Repgnar, Friesen1520, Punk42AE, Charple, josda, Chucky, dreamSloth, Ulaire, and Twenty6 to be nominated for rookie of the year awards. These users are all very active high earners and I expect their characters to be some of the top performers of the league this season. Some of them are already creating great media and graphics too. There were so many great new creates that it's hard to pin down which team had the best draft, because every team came out with a couple of great picks. Portland had a pretty good go of it this season, drafting 3 of the notable players I listed above (Xave, dreamSloth, and Ulaire). These players are incredible steals coming in at picks 4, 12, and 20 and Portland was lucky they dropped that far. The Pythons very narrowly missed the playoffs last season with a far less stacked team than they managed to form this draft, and I expect they'll do even better this season.

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - ctots - 05-03-2022

I've been keeping a closer eye on the DSFL draft than I did the ISFL draft, and it's a very contentious rookie class as far as standout candidates for Rookie of the Year. There are probably a dozen players who will shape up to be integral to our community at large, but in the short term I think the most likely to win the Rookie of the Year award will be Portland's Xavier Valorian. Xave has been making waves (in a good way) in a lot of different areas of the league, and the awards committee probably like that type of thing.

Repgnar (Teemo Swift) is another strong candidate for Rookie of the Year, too. Repgnar was drafted by the Minnesota Grey Ducks, who I believe may have won the draft overall. I think the biggest steal of the draft will turn out to be TwoSocks (Nate Winter) who was drafted by Minnesota in the third round of the draft. This user would have gone much sooner in a less dense class, and I'm confident they'll shape up to be one of the top users of the class in no time at all.

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - KaleSalad - 05-03-2022

WSBL affiliate

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - zaynzk - 05-03-2022

Rookie Year for alot of people but i think that one of the RoTY winners will end up being on the silverbacks with several players in a spot to really win in this league, on offense we have Darius Bailey who is already the WR2 on a team and will have a shot of a huge year as a rookie, and the other person that i believe that will have a chance on offense is Nacho Macho Man, the Tight End which is someone who i think that will be a force starting with his rookie year as he will be taking over as the TE on our team as James Wilkenson is older. On defense the obvious name would be Regina Ferero who should be a huge presensce as a SS as a true rookie, we are hopeing that she can do the exact thing that Lawerence Miller has been able to achieve and will win rookie of the year

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - StadiumGambler - 05-03-2022

I think for the ISFL Season 35 draft class, Swantavius King is a candidate. The other first season guys are playing in positions such as Cornerback which are hard to make an impact on directly. King plays Kicker for a team that should have a fairly productive offense, and thus gets the chance to make some impact and put points on the board that might sway the voters. King's user also seems to have a good reputation amongst the league as a user, which could help his rep amongst the award voters.

The other fringe bubble candidate is Berlin Running Back Rab Thecrab. Thecrab's debut game featured only 5 carries for 16 yards and 1 touchdown, but there is a chance he gets some random touchdowns instead of his more successful counterpart Goat Tank. Thecrab also has high upside potential in regards to improving his all-around game as he earns much-needed TPE later in the season, which may even lead to him getting more involved in the passing game instead of just being a backup scatback.

Aside from those two, you'd need a rookie DB getting like 5 picks in a season somehow for anyone from the S35 class to warrant strong consideration.

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - SchwarzNarr - 05-03-2022

shl affiliate

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=123516&pid=3211333#pid3211333

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - RocketMan13 - 05-03-2022

Another draft season has come and gone, and now it falls to the pundits and analysts to determine this offseason's "winners" and "losers". The DSFL draft is always among the more difficult drafts to predict results due to the developmental nature of the league. This analyst's opinion is that Wide Receiver Austin Morely of the Bondi Beach Buccaneers will go down as the best overall pick of the DSFL draft and will likely be featured near the top of ISFL draft boards following this season. Further down the draft order I like the pickup of TE Mike Stallworth of the Minnesota Grey Ducks. He's a big body whom I expect to make an impact for the defending North champions.

My overall best draft grade goes to the Norfolk Seawolves, whose mid-round trade to nab Pete Zuh from Pepperoni University might just be the spark they need to elevate themselves from the basement of the league. The biggest swing and a miss? Tijuana, who reached for Dennis Rodman at pick 14 as well as Savathunt Witchqueen at 40th overall, who did not even appear on most draft boards and elicited head-scratches from many analysts.

As always feel free to bookmark this column and come back at the end of the season to tell me how wrong I was. Thanks for reading.

RE: (S35) PT 1 - Draft Recap - IceBear32 - 05-03-2022

The class of S36 seems like one for the record books with a ton of great users joining in a very large class. I undoubtedly believe that Jasper Fontaine will be a steal in the DSFL draft this past season. With many great users the from end of this draft was absolutely loaded. But Jasper falling out of the top 40 is something to be noted. This user will play with a ship on their shoulder for the Seawolves. Additionally I love what Minnesota did with this seasons draft and look forward to how this class will continue the rich Minnesota tradition. I really am looking forward seeing safety Nate Winter and how his career shakes out. As an ISFL GM I really am looking forward to getting to know alot of these guys and see how with a class this size how much their draft positions are switched up going into the ISFL draft next season.