International Simulation Football League
(S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp (/showthread.php?tid=39288)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

(S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - Luciddreams702 - 05-09-2022

(S35) PT 2 – Voluntary OTA’s and Mandatory Rookie Minicamp
Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 150 words. PT's may be submitted in another language, if you mention what language you are translating into, to make the job of the grader easier.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S35 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, May 15th, 2022 at 11:59 ET. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: The ISFL and DSFL Seasons are now underway. Before the season all Rookie players attended a Mandatory Minicamp and Veterans had Voluntary Organized Team Activities (OTA’s). ISFL and DSFL Rookies how was your experience at Rookie Minicamp? ISFL and DSFL Veteran Players how was your offseason training experience? Did you attend Voluntary OTA’s or blow it off altogether?

Graphic option: Create a graphic displaying your Player or Team during offseason training or what they did in place of Voluntary Team Activities.

Affiliate claims from SHL and PBE and WSBL are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there. Make sure the week of the affiliate PT matches with the week of this point task.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please. If you have a non-full PT pass and would like to use it this week, make sure to post in the thread. No need to post in the thread if you have a full PT Pass.

If you have ideas for future PTs, visit the link below, and your idea may be used next week!!
https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=9205 - Submit Prompt Ideas here!

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - WildfireMicro - 05-09-2022

SHL PT Affiliate

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - Opera_Phantom - 05-09-2022

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - Accka - 05-09-2022

SHL affiliate https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=124048&pid=3213931#pid3213931

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - ZootTX - 05-09-2022

As an ISFL player with a few seasons under his belt, Kalam Mekhar no longer is required to show up to things like rookie minicamp or Optional Team Activities. However, as at least an informal team leader, he feels like it sets a good example to show up even when not required to. Although he spends most of the offseason in much sunnier, warmer climates, he does maintain a residence in Yellowknife. As a result, Kalam usually shows up early to take advantage of the team facilities for training, rehab, etc. Plus there is a killer taco place nearby. He usually makes time to make an appearance at the beginning of rookie camp to help get them acclimated to life in the ISFL. As for OTAs, Kalam always shows up for those, even if they technically are ‘optional.’ It's a good time to build camaraderie on the team and anything that helps to prepare the team for the season is time well spent in his book.

166 words

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - Talls - 05-09-2022

Nick Flint did got to the voluntary minicamp but only after clearing it with his personal trainer, whom he spent the whole offseason with.  That trainer did help Flint become a better all-around player and Flint is hoping to be more productive in his second season with San Jose.  He is really excited to see how he stacks up to the rest of the team with his new found skills and abilities.  He was spent the offseason focusing on all he can to get back to his college form of leading the team in tackles and sacks.  The leap to the ISFL was not as bad as it could of been in the tackle department but he had terrible sack records.  Flint hopes by focusing on his pass rushing abilities, he can help the Sabercats take the next step and become a regular contender in the league.  Anything is better than the bottom of the barrel the team was last season.

161 words

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - Swanty - 05-09-2022

WSBL Affiliate

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - MattBake12 - 05-09-2022

PBE Affil

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - stein - 05-09-2022

The mandatory minicamp was a blast! I've often said that the best kind of fun is mandatory fun and this was no exception. Makoa Mahi'ai is always making me carry his pads around, and he made me carry his pads around the minicamp too even though he wasn't attending the minicamp because he's not a rookie. But it was great being able to learn the lay of the land in the ISFL. I learned a lot about the different types of play books. We also went over what types of plays the Hawks like to run and how I fit into those plays. This was especially helpful considering that I won't be playing either of the main cornerback positions until I get some more experience, so it really helped me understand my interim role on the team. It was also great getting to know my new team and to get more acquainted with them on the field. I have no doubt this will do wonders for our teamwork.

(168 words)

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - lordcoolcats - 05-09-2022

When I first heard the news that I would be required to attend a mandatory camp with my Norfolk Seawolf fleet, I assumed it would be like most football camps. Training sessions, Playbook lessons, and maybe a simple lunch. Which made it all the more surprising when I showed up in full practice gear, only to find the rest of my team wearing swim-trunks and flip flops.

“Didn’t you get the memo?” asked sultry quarterback, Pete Zuh.

I couldn’t help but shrug in confusion, as I’d spent the last week filling in as second chair trombone in a friend’s jazz band touring the bars along the French quarter back home in New Orleans.

“Must’ve missed it,” was all I replied, watching Sconnie McSix try, and fail, to cover the mid-section of his own back in sunscreen.

From overhead, a large bundle flew through the air. Instinctually, I grab the package and tuck it under my arm.

“A sleeping bag?” I stammered in surprise.

The crowd of players parted, to reveal who had thrown the bundle.

“We’re heading to the beach. Hope you like camping,” smirked our GM, Beck.

Over those next three days, I learned more about team bonding and friendship than I ever thought possible. We made sandcastles. We played beach volleyball. I even taught the offensive line how to grill the perfect weenie. We told campfire stories and shared secrets that will forever be trusted to the stars overhead, glistening in the night sky like a veil of diamonds. 

When I asked our General Manager why he elected to send his team on this type of camp, rather than something more traditional, he smirked at me knowingly.

“I already know you can play ball. If you weren’t the best, you wouldn’t be on my roster. I know I’ve got a team full of stars. And I know we are going to go far. What I need the team to know, is that there’s more to winning than being strong here—“,

He paused to point at his bicep. Then continued.

“It’s just as, if not more important to be strong here—

He redirected his index finger towards his heart.

“This right here is how you win championships.”

And I knew then and there, on that moonlit beach, that I’d found a home in Norfolk.