International Simulation Football League
(S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp (/showthread.php?tid=39288)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - negs - 05-09-2022

As one of the veteran leaders of the team, you can be certain that I was expected to show up to voluntary workouts. However, in true fashion of Ryan Negs I did the wrong thing and I decided not to attend. Instead, I took a vacation to Maine and went fishing for the entire camp. I was on the water so the service was not too good, but my teammates and coaches called me to see what I was doing. I was not going to deal with it. We had two brand new coaches who have no clue what they are doing. They want to implement a run heavy offense and as I am heading towards the end of my career, I just want to set records and make some throws. We should not be running the ball at all as I am so close to the franchise passing records. I will not be attending camp for the rest of my career.

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - Pizza-faith - 05-09-2022

[Image: 8sidY8n.gif]

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - DREAMSLOTH - 05-09-2022

ÏÑÇØMÏÑG TRÅÑŠMÏŠŠÏØÑ: RĒ₽ØRT FRØM JÅRVÏŠ HÅRßÏÑGĒR-MÅRJÏÑ ØÑ RØØKÏĒ MÏÑÏÇÅM₽

_____

YES, MINICAMP. I ENJOYED THIS OCCASION. IT WAS FUN TO SHOW MY FELLOW GRIDIRON PATRIOTS THE MEANING OF ABSOLUTE STRENGTH, AND OF COURSE LEARN OF OPPORTUNITIES TO HUMBLE MYSELF FURTHER.

EACH DAY, I WOULD START WITH MY RITUAL AT THE PYTHONS PRACTICE FACILITY -- STANDING ON THE 50 YARD LINE UNDER 5 GOATS HANGING FROM THE SCOREBOX, IN THE MIDDLE OF A PENTAGRAM I OUTLINED OVER THE PYTHONS LOGO. WHEN I WAS READY TO CLEANSE FOR THE DAY, THE GOATS WOULD BE SLAIN IN SUCH A WAY THAT THEIR BLOOD WOULD FALL UPON ME AND INTO THE CIRCLE, BUT NOT SPILLING OUTSIDE OF IT OF COURSE -- TOO MESSY AND I RESPECT OUR FINE CLEANUP CREW HERE IN PORTLAND.

SOME ON THE TEAM DID NOT QUITE UNDERSTAND MY METHODS, BUT ALAS HOW COULD THEY AS FLESH AND BLOOD MORTALS. I MAY HAVE EVEN HEARD XAVE SAY A PRAYER TO WHAT HE THINKS IS A GOD, BUT IN REALITY IS JUST THE SAME VACUOUS AIR YOU WOULD FIND IN A BAG OF POTATO CHIPS. ALL THAT IS REAL IS BELOW, AND IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE WE DESCEND ONCE AGAIN INTO THE GREAT DEPTHS BEYOND.

THE OKLAHOMA DRILLS WERE FUN.

//////////

ĒÑD TRÅÑŠMÏŠŠÏØÑ. // รเ๓ยɭคՇเ๏ภ ﻮ๏๔ร

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - DREAMSLOTH - 05-09-2022

(05-09-2022, 12:28 PM)Pizza-faith Wrote: [Image: 8sidY8n.gif]

This is pure gold.

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - Bayley - 05-09-2022

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=25600&st=0&#entry450773
PBE PT

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - khkreator - 05-09-2022

The rookie minicamp was amazing to me. The Dallas Birddogs clearly know how to build their players the right way. However, the best part of the meal plan, and boy was it good for being so healthy! Buffalo chicken rice definitely hits the spot! It got the blood pumping and the feet moving. Getting to work with the fellow rookies under the Dallas sun was a blast and made for great chemistry. Rerry Jice if you ask me was showing signs of explosiveness, that I know he is capable of. My partner in crime, Joe Ruddy can definitely keep fellow rookie Roque guessing in the pocket. Everyone including me shows their strengths and their weaknesses which they can definitely do correctly. More than anything, it took Kaiden back to his days in Rice, working with his fellow freshman and veterans respectively, and how he missed that feeling. Now he was more than ready for the season and while being a 1st round draft pick might not mean much in the long run, he wanted to live up to that. What a blast of a Minicamp!

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - KaleSalad - 05-09-2022

SHL affiliate 

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - AnUnoriginalGuy - 05-09-2022

MINI EPISODE OF SHAZAM:

SH: Well, Derrick, rookie minicamp seemed to be a blast for you. How was the party?

DP: Honestly, man, it was a blur. Talked with my own personal trainer, made sure it was cool with him, then hopped in. To be completely honest, it was a blast. McThumper and I had to train against one another, and holy HELL was it fun. I mean, shit, I’ve got an Apple Watch, yeah? The thing tracks how many steps you’ve ran and stuff. If you checked it right now, you can see that over the, like, month-ish time I was at the minicamp, it was over 75 miles. That’s how much they trained us, man, but it was all for the better. They want us to be pushed and shit, so, yknow.

SH: But, I gotta ask, what memories do you have?

DP: Well, there’s a couple. McThumper is a great guy, and the time I spent with him is amazing. We even threw parties when him and Boot got nominated for captains. Boot’s also a great guy to look up towards in the locker room. I’d say I fit in at home.

SH: Derrick Prince, everybody.

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - Cincyfan96 - 05-09-2022

This was Adam Schell's final mini camp, and it was clear that he has become a much respected member of the Fire Salamanders organization. While he has certainly lost a step athletically, he was given the captain's C for the second straight season as he looks to lead his team in one final charge. Schell was seen coaching more than practicing, as he's still rehabbing from last season's bumps and bruises, but he will reportedly be all systems go come week one. In defensive drills, Schell was leading footwork drills and yelling out play calls and audibles to his teammates and, at one point, perfectly countered an offensive audible to create a sack without even being on the field. At the end of each day, Schell was seen working out as hard as ever at the weights, explaining how he still is able to pack a wicked punch against competition that could nearly be his own offspring. It will be a different kind of year for Schell, but he certainly left his mark on camp as players left feeling more confident in their defensive captain, knowing he is just as locked in as he has always been for this final season.

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - Raven - 05-09-2022

Code:
Written option: The ISFL and DSFL Seasons are now underway. Before the season all Rookie players attended a Mandatory Minicamp and Veterans had Voluntary Organized Team Activities (OTA’s). ISFL and DSFL Rookies how was your experience at Rookie Minicamp? ISFL and DSFL Veteran Players how was your offseason training experience? Did you attend Voluntary OTA’s or blow it off altogether?

Octavio Pérez had a blast during the rookie minicamp. Not only was it a great way to get to know all the other rookies who would be joining the leageu that season and network with them. It was also a great chance to see how he compared to them all. There was a very fierce friendly competition between the large group of wide receivers and even the tight ends would join in from time to time. This friendly competition made everyone just preform that much better as everyone was trying to outgain one another. One WR would catch the ball for 16 yards, the next would be pushing to go for atleast 17 years. One guy would make a one handed catch, the next would try to catch it withut using their hands. It was a great time for Pérez who might not have been as competitive as the others, as he was saving himself for the regular season, but still enjoyed this time together. Pérez will be looking forward to future team activities.

[174 words]