International Simulation Football League
(S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp (/showthread.php?tid=39288)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - domffl - 05-09-2022

Off-season OTA's were quite literally a dream...meaning that I overslept and didn't make it to the first day of training. But, nonetheless, I was still welcomed with open arms for the next few days of voluntary training drills. My momma always told me "Calvin Spiff may be a lot of things, but he ain't never been a quitter." Therefore, I have never once quit anything a day in my life. I still have my Tamagotchi friend, Kudzu, from when I was 11 years old. He's alive and well.  Every day, I religiously follow a routine that has not changed since I was in high school. It was unfortunate, though, that the alarm in my hotel room was set to the wrong time zone and therefore did not wake me up at the desired time to make sure I was ready and able to make it in time to OTA's. It was the first mistake I've ever made in my life and I am completely certain it will be the last one. 

170 words.

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - LancedJack - 05-09-2022

There's nothing quite like walking into a team having performed at the level below the ISFL thinking you're something of a big deal. The pythons were quite the team and being able to show them a thing or two about how the crab operates was a reward in and of itself. But getting to the ISFL is one thing, walking into a locker room and seeing the man, myth and legend GOAT TANK is another thing entirely. Seeing the work ethic of the man alongside his astonishing physique is something to not only be admired, but I'd go as far as to say revered. He's a hell of a player, insurmountable almost in what he means to the franchise. Walking into training camp and simply watching him go through the motions is enough to set off panic stations in any rookies mind, not to mention a tiny crab fresh out of a Scottish backwoods. Needless to say, I'll never skip OTA's as long as I keep seeing him there.

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - .simo - 05-10-2022

PBE PT

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - seafreddy - 05-10-2022

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - OrbitingDeath - 05-10-2022

[Image: IYqmQox.png]

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - TwoSocks - 05-10-2022

I had a great camp, my only wish is that it could be longer! Having made a few cameos for the Ducks during last seasons playoff run I knew most of the people like Calvin Spiff our current offensive captain. It was still great to catch up with them and meet knew people! We immediately got to work with team bonding, playing some Retro Bowl and Stumble Guys together. Then we had a friendly game of Chicken Fighting, where the offense took on the defense! The defense easily rolled the offense, due to a better physical strength in total. However we then played a game of Omnikin Ball (a sport from Canada that has 3 teams playing at once), with the Offense playing the Defense, and there third team being mad up of the FO! The offense with there intelligence being higher then the defense, and Physically better than the FO took the win. We then had a somewhat normal rest of the camp which I can’t speak to much about without leaking something’s. All I can say is you better watch out for the Ducks!

186 words

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - XaveValor - 05-10-2022

So let me get this straight... I'm on a team with a guy named after bowel movements and then a literal demon spawn? Well, that's one way to start a career. The camp overall was a great experience and it was a lot of fun learning alongside my fellow rookies and seeing us all develop. The trainers put me through the wringer and I definitely felt the burn for a week afterward. The results are undeniable though as I grew substantially in muscle mass.

After watching the draft it was clear that our defense was going to be one to remember and we made sure our own offense felt that as well. During drills we were often put against one another to breed camaraderie on both sides of the ball. Needless to say that defense dominated these drills and showed we are up to any challenge the DSFL can throw at us. The Pythons are here to play. Still not sure about that demon guy though...

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - Moosecop - 05-10-2022

PBE PT

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - rickymartin_irl - 05-10-2022

[Image: GMXGvMW.png]

Waluigi Gronkowski doesnt need to get better at sim football, he spent the offseason learning sim touchdown dances

RE: (S35) PT 2 - Voluntary OTA's and Rookie Minicamp - Michiganonymous - 05-10-2022

Spike has always been a team-first guy, and he's mindful of the fact that he's only in his 3rd ISFL season; not a rookie, but he hasn't quite earned full veteran credibility. So he doesn't see OTAs as optional. And even though he's about the team first, he got a taste of being an All-Pro after Season 33 and he's motivated to sustain that level of individual production. He wasn't happy with his play last season; he doesn't like to be satisfied with "good enough." So OTAs are a great opportunity to push himself and try to get into better shape than ever. This year he put extra work into speed drills (trying to close on the ball quicker and make plays earlier) and practicing tracking and catching balls in the air (trying to turn PDs into INTs). He's also learning to work together and develop chemistry with a new backfield partner, Rocky Rhoads. A converted running back, Rhoads is new to the defensive side of the ball and Spike has been very intentional about working with him to understand what each other's strengths and weaknesses are and how they can be most effective as a unit, as well as passing along tips when he can. Spike has talked before about how much player mentors helped him when he was coming into the league, and so he tries to take opportunities to pay it forward.