International Simulation Football League
*Xavier Valorian Midseason Presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Xavier Valorian Midseason Presser (/showthread.php?tid=39396)

*Xavier Valorian Midseason Presser - XaveValor - 05-20-2022

Xave walls up the podium and taps the microphone. "Is this thing on?" It was a stupid joke he knows, but gets a small chuckle nonetheless. "Well, let's hear it."

@firstfray

Portland has seen lots of success this season, what’s been the driving force behind the best record in the DSFL North?

"I'm a bit biased but I would say it's our defense. We put our offense in a great position a lot of times and have been known to shut down teams in the second half. Short fields make Jarvis' job much easier grabbing those TDs and getting us on the board. Again with bias, but our Defensive line is just the best in the league. 20 sacks and 25 TFL is amazing and has helped ensure that teams are forced into 2nd or 3rd and longs."

You lost a nail biter to Norfolk yesterday, what was the team morale like and how will the team bounce back?

"That loss hurts as we knew that we have been battling to be ranked #2 in the league against them. It did have some doubting our legitimacy as contenders for the Ultimini but we've been working to rebuild their confidence in the locker room. We're gonna bounce back by taking advantage of some potential get right games these coming weeks and hopefully find more of a groove offensively. We also need to not be giving up a kick return TD AND a punt return TD in the same quarter. Put us in a serious bind as the defense couldn't get that field position."

What team in the DSFL North are you most afraid of and need to watch out for?

"The Coyotes are a force to be sure with their air raid offense. Even in their latest loss they looked good, only falling to the best team in the league. Ultimately I think it'll be us and them for the conference championship."

@Jaywe88

Who do you expect to see in the playoffs this year?

"KCC and POR from the North and NOR and TIJ from the South. TIJ v POR in the Ultimini with POR taking it all."

What’s your morning routine like?

"Brush teeth, shower, eat a huge breakfast, practice/workout. That's how every day has started for the last 4-5 years."

@Twenty6

1) Your production thus far has been stellar. Do you feel you've met and/or exceeded your expectations you had at the beginning of the year?

"Definitely been exceeding my goals for the season and hope I can continue it. I was expecting to average maybe 2 or 3 tackles per game but being at nearly 4 per game feels amazing. Also been really happy with being near a sack per game, just need a couple double sack games to get there."

2) How's the atmosphere in the locker room when you're sharing it with a self-proclaimed demon that is yelling all the time?

"The demon was a problem for me at first, having grown up in a Christian household I was not thrilled to say the least. But having gotten to know him and seen what he can do on the field, I've come around. Besides have you seen how he literally moves the earth when he runs... I don't want to get on his bad side."

3) Which opposing running back has been the hardest to take down?

"Lyons and it's not even close. He is just so fast! You blink and he's gone 10 yards ahead of you. I know I'm not the fastest guy out there so I have to get to them early. Felt like I couldn't do that effectively against Lyons."

Thanks everyone for the questions. See you out on the field!

RE: Xavier Valorian Midseason Presser - firstfray - 05-20-2022

Portland has seen lots of success this season, what’s been the driving force behind the best record in the DSFL North?

You lost a nail biter to Norfolk yesterday, what was the team morale like and how will the team bounce back?

What team in the DSFL North are you most afraid of and need to watch out for?

RE: Xavier Valorian Midseason Presser - Jaywe88 - 05-20-2022

Who do you expect to see in the playoffs this year?

What’s your morning routine like?

RE: Xavier Valorian Midseason Presser - Twenty6 - 05-20-2022

1) Your production thus far has been stellar. Do you feel you've met and/or exceeded your expectations you had at the beginning of the year?
2) How's the atmosphere in the locker room when you're sharing it with a self-proclaimed demon that is yelling all the time?
3) Which opposing running back has been the hardest to take down?