International Simulation Football League
*Playoff Predictions Data - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Playoff Predictions Data (/showthread.php?tid=39666)

*Playoff Predictions Data - Chucky - 06-05-2022

I thought it would be an interesting idea to analyze the playoff predictions to see what the consensus of the league was. As of Jun 5th, 2:30P CST, there are currently 92 different predictions that came in. 
If you haven't yet made your predictions feel free to use this to make your predictions. SKIP TO THE END FOR A TLDR AND TO AVOID READING THIS. 

OCO ASFC WILD CARD GAME  ARI 
Arizona had a chance to become the first seed and obtain a bye, but a win by Honolulu against the Otters meant they would instead clinch the second seed. Arizona currently boasts the best offense in the ASFC as seen by having the most points for in the ASFC at 462. Arizona's offense is balanced, with their QB Wendell Sailor leading the league in QBR, and having the 4th most TDs scored. Their rushing attack is no joke either, with their rushers averaging 4.7 yards per rush and having the fourth most TDs in the league.
However, their defense leaves a lot to be desired, as they are near the bottom of the league in tackles, interceptions, and touchdowns scored. However, they have the 3rd most pass deflections. 

On the other hand, the Otters have a strong offense with 430 points scored in the season. While their passing attack is near the middle of the pack in terms of all stats, their rushing attack is a strong lead by rookie RB Cold and star RB Goat Jr. Their average is near the middle of the pack, they lead the league in attempts, and are near the top in terms of yards and TDs. 

The last time these teams met was back in week 14, in a very close game that saw Arizona sneak by with a 22-17 win after a timely pass by QB sailor to Captain Staggs with 90 seconds left in the game. The powress of Arizona's star RB Cue Jr was on show during that game as he had 19 attempts for 125 yards for an average of 6.6 per attempt. While the Otters went with a running back committee even though star RB Tank Jr had a better average with 6.6 yards, the Otters continued to feed the rock to rookie RB Cold in which he could only muster a measly 2.7 yards per attempt. 

MY PREDICTIONS: Arizona over Otters. While I expect this game to be just as close as the last game, I believe it will be a shootout and the team with the Outlaws sneaking by. Arizona also has beat the Otters 2-0 this season. 
ISFL PREDICTIONS: 80/92 predictions (86.96%) favored the Outlaws to beat the Otters 
[Image: mEJSzRP.png]

OCO  ARI ASFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME  HON
I have already talked about the other two teams, so I'll use this time to talk about the Honolulu Hahalua. While the hahalua's have an average offense in terms of points for at 435, they lead the league in the least points allowed at 278 and are a perfect 8-0 at home. They will be coming in hot to the championship game on a 5 game win streak and will hope to continue that against the winners of the ASFC wild card game. 

Honolulu's offense isn't stellar but it gets the job done. Their passing offense is in the middle of the pack in terms of attempts, yards, pct, and touchdowns. However their QB Zaylren excels at not throwing interceptions and is tied for the 2nd least interceptions at 9. His QBR is also the third-best at 101.2. 

Their defense is something else. They lead the league in jacks by a huge margin at 72, in comparison the next best playoff team with the most sacks is the OCO at 55. They lead the league in forced fumbles and have a good recovery rate as well. Their CBs also lead the league in PD. This defense is next level and is playing leagues above the rest. 

Honolulu splits the regular season 1-1 with Arizona Outlaws, with the last meeting resulting in a loss for Honolulu in week 11. Honolulu fairs a lot better against the Otters having beat them 2-0 with the last coming in week 16 to clinch the first seed and a bye. 

MY PREDICTIONS: Honolulu. Their defense is no joke as they get to the qb, and cause a bunch of fumbles. 
ISFL PREDICTIONS: Honolulu leads the pack with 67 votes, which accounts for nearly 73%. Arizona has 24 votes accounting for 26%, and poor OCO only has one vote from user cpatjanko. 
[Image: n3hUfRS.png]

YKW NSFC WILD CARD GAME CHI
The reigning ISFL champions nearly clinched the 1st seed but lost their showdown against the eventual 1st seed Baltimore Hawks in week 16. The Butchers are no strangers to adversity as they have won 5 games out of their last 7 games. At week 9, lot of users had counted out the Butchers as they were 4-5. The Butchers have the 3rd best offense as seen by their 479 points scored this offense. This offense is mainly fueled by their passing game which saw them throw the 3rd most TDs at 37, but also have the second-highest interceptions at 17. Their rushing game is no joke especially in the red zone as they had the 3rd most rushing TDs at 19. However, they were middle of the pack in terms of attempts, yards, and average. Their key to success will be hoping their Star QB can continue gunning the ball but at the same time not making any boneheaded throws. They will need their offense to show out, as their defense has been middle of the pack in all categories this season.

After missing the playoffs last season, the Wraiths will look to begin their cinderella run after they snuck into the playoffs with a win against Berlin. They will be happy their H2H against PHI and BER allowed them to be in the playoffs despite being tied with the 2 mentioned teams at 8-8. The Wraiths have scored 404 points in the league, which is only better than 4 other teams. Their passing offense is near the middle/bottom of the league in all stats except interceptions, in which they are tied for the  4th highest at 15. Similarily their rushing offense is also middle of the pack in all categories. However, their defense is their strong point as they have allowed the 3rd least points in the game at 360. Their defense is very opportunistic as they lead the league in touchdowns and are at the top of the pack in terms of pass deflected and interceptions, and safety. 

The last time these two teams met was in week 15 which saw the Butchers beat the Yellowstone Wraiths 38-34 in a shootout. The Butchers relied on their QB and Captain Oles Jr. to lead them to a victory by throwing 3 TDs and averaging 10.4 yards per attempt.  His counterpart, QB Parmelee of YKW was effective but also had 3 INT which lead to their eventual downfall. However, the RBs of YKW were nearly unstoppable averaging nearly 8 yards per attempt. 

MY PREDICTIONS: Chicago over Yellowstone. I also expect this to be close game, in which the wraiths will heavily depend on the RBs, while the Butchers will look to throw the ball more. Expect the Butcher's experience and their offense to sneak a close win against the Wraiths. The Butchers have also sweeped the Wraiths in the regular season, claiming 2 wins against them. 
ISFL COMMUNITY PREDICTIONS: 70/92 predictions (76.09%) favored the Butchers to beat the Wraiths. 
[Image: ujrKqMJ.png]

YKW CHI NSFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME  BAL
As I have already talked about the other two teams above, I'll talk about the Baltimore Hawks here. While user TubaDeus may think they are the worst city to visit, the Hawks are doing a helluva job playing football leading the league in the most points scored at 501. Baltimore secured the first seed and a first-week bye after a clinical beatdown of defending champions, the Butchers, in week 16. 

Their passing offense is nasty and is led by QB Jaroppolo Jr who leads the league in the most thrown touchdowns at 45. He also has thrown for the second-most yards. However, he also leads the league in the most interceptions, and the team will hope come playoff he can mimic the ELITE PLAYOFF QB, JOE FLACCO, and have an outstanding playoff run with few interceptions. Their rushing attack is no joke as they lead the league on average at 4.9, and have the second-most rushing yards at 2152. 

Their defense is their weak point as they have allowed their opponents to score 431 points. Their defense also in near the bottom of the pack in nearly all categories, so I expect their offense to carry them through the playoffs. 
MY PREDICTIONS: Baltimore Hawks beat the Butchers. I expect this to be a high-scoring game, in which Baltimore's superior offense outduels the Butchers. The Hawks have split the regular season with the Butchers 1-1, but have swept the Wraith 2-0. 
ISFL COMMUNITY PREDICTIONS: 71% of users favor the Hawks to win, while 21% favor the butchers to win, while 9% of users think the YKW will win. 

[Image: 8MaUsEt.png]

CHI YKW BAL ULTIMUS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME  OCO ARI  HON

Honolulu vs Hawks: Honolulu beat the Hawks in a low-scoring game 17-12 in week 14, in which the high-flying Baltimore offense was kept in check by Honolulu. Baltimore would end up driving down the field multiple times but would only end up with 4 field-goals. 
Honolulu vs Butchers: Honolulu beat the Butchers in a high-scoring game 35-32 in week 7, in which Honolulu QB Zaylren threw 4 TDs. 
Honolulu vs YKW: They haven't played this season, but this would be an amazing game to watch. The top defenses in the league would square up and while the game might not be fun in terms of offense, the defenses will steal the show. 

Arizona vs Hawks: Arizona beat the Hawks in a 30-23 games in week 9, which saw the Baltimore defense get destroyed both through the air and the ground. That defense gave up nearly 500 yards and was dominated in time of possession 36:43 to 23:14.
Arizona vs Butchers: Arizona sneaked a 27-24 victory against the Butchers in week 8, on a 26-yard FG by Kicker Cade York with 19 seconds left in the 4th quarter. 
Arizona vs YKW: Arizona beat the Wraiths in a 31-20 game in week 12. The wraith's defense couldn't keep up with QB Sailors accuracy and they were dominated in the time of possession 40:15 (ARI) to 19:45 (YKW). 

Otters vs Hawks: The Otters beat the Hawks in a shootout 48-42 in week 8. Both teams defense forgot to show up that day, as the OCO gave up 509 yards, while the Hawks gave up 446 yards. This was a game where one team just ran the ball well, while the other team threw the ball well. In the end, the team rushing the ball won, even though they got dominated in time of possesion.
Otters vs Butchers: They haven't played this season, but I would expect that the superior rushing attack that day would win the game. 
Otters YKW: The Otters beat the Wraiths in a low-scoring 20-17 game in week 9. I guess after their defense took a day off the last week, ThunderTitan went Zeus mode on their defense. Their defense showed up and caused one interception and shut down the wraiths in the second quarter all the way until 2 minutes left in the fourth. 

MY PREDICTIONS: Hahalua beat the Hawks. DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS. 
ISFL COMMUNITY PREDICTIONS: Nearly 84% of users think the ASFC will end up winning the Ultimus. 58.7% think Honolulu will win, while 25% think Arizona will win. Unfortunately at this time OCO is getting no love, even from their own players (looking at BenDover). There are few users who think the NSFC can pull of an upset after losing to the ASFC teams during the regular season. 11% think Baltimore Hawks can win, while 3% think YKW can win, and 2% think the Butchers can repeat as the ISFL Ultimus champions.
[Image: J2JxPmN.png]

ISFL TLDR: GIMME THE QUICK AND DIRTY RESULTS ISFL

As of June 5th at 2PM CST, 92 individuals have cast their playoff predictions, and here is the consensus predictions:

ASFC WC: Arizona over OCO. 87% favor the outlaws to win.
ASFC Championship: Honolulu. 73% favor the hahalua to win the championship. 26% favor the outlaws. Only 1 individual favored the Otters.
NSFC WC: Butchers over YKW. 76% favor the butchers to win
NSFC Championship: Baltimore. 71% favor the Hawks to win, 21% favor the Butchers to win, and 9% favor the Wraiths to win. 
ULTIMUS: Honolulu. 59% favor Hahalua to win, 25% favor the Outlaws to win, 11% favor the Hawks to win, 3% favor the Wraiths, 2% favor the Butchers, and no one thinks the Otters will win.

Quote:Word Count: 2099

RE: Playoff Predictions Data - Yeenoghu - 06-05-2022

Wraiths only getting 24% of the vote in their matchup against Chicago, but more users have picked them to win the Ultimus than Chicago. Yellowknife faithful showing up in the predictions?

RE: Playoff Predictions Data - Rusfan - 06-05-2022

(06-05-2022, 05:30 PM)Maglubiyet Wrote: Wraiths only getting 24% of the vote in their matchup against Chicago, but more users have picked them to win the Ultimus than Chicago. Yellowknife faithful showing up in the predictions?
Yet another lesson in not letting your emotions override your good sense.