International Simulation Football League
This game of Duck Duck Grey Duck has come to an end. - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=495)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Forum: GM Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=166)
+---- Thread: This game of Duck Duck Grey Duck has come to an end. (/showthread.php?tid=39721)

Pages: 1 2

This game of Duck Duck Grey Duck has come to an end. - Painted - 06-08-2022

After five really fun seasons, it has finally come time for me to pass the torch in Minnesota! The job is temporary after all, but I sure did try to make the most of my time at the helm! I want to first thank @TheCC and @RussDrivesTheBus for drafting me well over a full IRL year ago! They showed me what a good MIN LR looked like and I did my best to meet that standard. I also want to thank @RussDrivesTheBus and @Crodyman for passing me the torch when they retired into the Quack2Quack sunset!

There are many others I'd like to thank, like all current and past war room members and draft picks/waivers, but I want to save most of that for my player retirement.

According to the wiki, 5 seasons as the MIN GM makes me the tied-longest tenured GM in our franchise's history, a milestone I had hoped to not meet, but things happen. I had the pleasure of GMing fresh out the gate for 3 seasons with @IceBear32 where we had the tall task to not let Minnesota crumble following the back to back championship seasons. We were ecstatic to make it back to the playoffs that first season. Once HON called onto Ice, I then got to show @TubaDeus the ropes as a new gm. His sim logic was really fun to put to good use, and then just ignore, as I ran Spread 40™ and did better than his logical thinking in simming. He had to sadly prematurely step down due to real life hitting hard, but that then let me teach anew in @TheNC206, who should do an excellent job in bridging the gap with the new GM.

While I had hoped to step down last season, I’m glad I didn’t in retrospect since I was able to scout and thoroughly enjoy the incredible draft class of S36. All of these guys have been exceptional, as have my other draft classes. But enough about reminiscing, I want to commemorate my retirement in stats! The numbers don’t lie and seem pretty fun too!

Seasons GM’d: 5
Co-GMs: 3
Final record: 38-32
Playoff appearances: 4
Division champions: 3
Ultimini appearances: 2
Ultiminis won:

Players drafted: 47
Waivers added: 10
Trade-deadline waivers picked up: 56
Players who hit cap: 21 (and counting!)
Players called up: 19 (and counting!)

Trades processed: 4
Bots created: 50
In’Atrenchcoat family: 5 generations (1 almost DROY)
Mistakes made: Infinite
Brands refreshed: 1
Field iterations: More than you could possibly count
Colors rushed: 3

Game nights held: Not enough
Games played: lmap
Net drawings: :gatr:
Duck events held: 4
Lateral puzzles completed: 25

Emotes added: 27
Discord bots added: 6
Channels added: a lot
Players puppetted: Amadan
Multis drafted: 0? (please)
Bad ideas suggested: :pigl:

Thanks again to everyone who helped me and whom I had the pleasure to help! All in all, I think I did ok.

MIN Without any further ado, I now want to welcome @Repgnar as he will be taking over my spot as Minn GM!! I know for a fact he will do an incredible job! Keep quacking!  MIN

RE: This game of Duck Duck Grey Duck has come to an end. - jackkmart - 06-08-2022

came back to say <3 

MINMINMINMIN

RE: This game of Duck Duck Grey Duck has come to an end. - domffl - 06-08-2022

We love Painted (-:

RE: This game of Duck Duck Grey Duck has come to an end. - firstfray - 06-08-2022

Finessing KCC with a trade: 1

RE: This game of Duck Duck Grey Duck has come to an end. - TheCC - 06-08-2022

One of the best to ever lead the Ducks. #1 in Minnesota MEE6 and #1 in my heart :jamarsuxlmap:

RE: This game of Duck Duck Grey Duck has come to an end. - .HoshinoIchika - 06-08-2022

Best GM I've ever had

RE: This game of Duck Duck Grey Duck has come to an end. - Crodyman - 06-08-2022

We like Painted

RE: This game of Duck Duck Grey Duck has come to an end. - TwoSocks - 06-08-2022

Bye Painted Sad

RE: This game of Duck Duck Grey Duck has come to an end. - RussDrivesTheBus - 06-08-2022

@Painted says @infinitempg is a mistake!!!!

Love you, Paintboy. Now, go become a Paintman. 

:duuk: :turtle_1:

RE: This game of Duck Duck Grey Duck has come to an end. - CptGoosar - 06-09-2022

Congrats on the great career GM'ing the Greyducks. Always been a thorn in Portland's side.