International Simulation Football League
*Austin Morley Pre-Ultimini Presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Austin Morley Pre-Ultimini Presser (/showthread.php?tid=39747)

*Austin Morley Pre-Ultimini Presser - soevil - 06-09-2022

As Ultimus/Ultimini media week trudges on, Austin Morley awaits at the podium to answer any questions that may come his way.

@"El Gadgeto" asks: "Does Pineapple belong on pizza? this is important for my bets."

Look, many of you might not know this, but I am a pizza addict. I kid you not, I eat pizza at least 4-5 times a week. I love me a Digiorno after a a hard practice. I don't even cut them, just eat them like they are. And I can definitively say that pineapple absolutely does NOT belong on pizza

@firstfray asks: "Reflecting back on the season, how would you grade your performance?

You started off a bit slow early in the season and then emerged at a top target in the back half of the season. What would you attribute this to?

Any pre-game nerves going into the championship game?

Looking past the Ultimini, are you excited for the draft? Any teams in particular that interest you?"

I think overall, my performance this season was a solid B+. Individually, I placed in the top 10 in all major receiving categories - which I think is a great accomplishment. Paired with the fact that the team had 3 other STELLAR wide receivers that Queen also got to throw to, I think I did good. Regrettably, I also had 9 drops on the year, but that just means that I have something to look forward to correcting in the offseason.

I think that the slow start can be attributed to getting used to this level of play. I was putting in the work, but everyone else in the league was too. Its a lot different than the college game for sure. Also, It took some time for the Queen to get used to all of us new receivers but once midseason hit we have been firing on all cylinders. 

No pre-game jitters for me. I have been working at this all my life. Not to mention, I'm a little bit of a showman - I thrive in the limelight - so it just feels natural for me. 

I hate to look past the Ultimini, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I have been dedicating a good amount of time to getting drafted in the next level. To keep things candid, I've been reached out to by 13 of 14 teams. This is going to be brutally honest, but I have 3 teams that I absolutely hope pass me up. Something in the scouting process for those teams just didn't seem right. I know that might come off a little entitled, but they're my honest feelings. There are 3 teams that I am hoping do decide to draft me. It was 4, but I had a revelation and have since taken one team off of that list. The other 6 teams I would be happy to be part of, but they aren't necessarily my dream destination. You might say, "Austin, thats only 12 teams. You'd be right. All 12 of the 13 teams that have reached out I would at least play for. 1 team, though - and I think you might know who I'm referring to - I think I might consider holding out. I'll be open about it: Colorado Yeti, do not draft me. 

@"Maglubiyet" asks: "With regards to your social media presence, do you prefer to interact directly with fans one-on-one or message everyone all at once?

Personally, I like the being able to interact one on one. I think it makes conversations much more personal that way. Maybe it hurts my overall "reach", but I'd rather have 10 super fans over 100 causal fans.

@Chucky asks: "When are you gonna @everyone again?

How do you put up with FF?
What would you do if the 3 team you don't wanna play for drafted you?"

I'll have to do some digging to find out when the next birthday in the league is. That, or some other monumental occasion.

FF is awesome, I'm surprised he has been able to put up with me, quite frankly. He has been amazing as a GM for us in KCC and I am looking forward to learning and growing under his tutelage. I hope that in the next couple seasons that I can become half as good of a GM that he is. FF FOR GM OF THE YEAR!

As far as the three teams I don't particularly want to play for - I don't want want to put the wrong things out there, so let me clarify. I would absolutely still play my heart out for any of those teams that draft me (as long as it's not COL). I just didn't feel a strong connection with them initially. That isn't to say that something great couldn't blossom there - but as it stand right now, those teams are at the bottom of my totem pole.

@Twenty6 asks:

1) I know you and Joseph Reed are good pals. Has being on different teams soured the friendship any?
2) When you celebrated your birthday this past season, did you invite EVERYONE?
3) And well, considering that you wrote "any" in big bold letters, I'll lay this one on ya: how do you feel about the Colorado Rockies? Are you a big snow and mountains kinda guy? Imbibe some of that Coors Lite, maybe?

Not at all! Joe Reed and I have been best friends for as long as I can remember, but funnily enough we have never been on the same team as far as contact football goes. Hell, he even went to That Team Up North (I HATE THEM), while I was a Buckeye. So our friendship absolutely hasn't soured. If anything, it has grown stronger as we push each other to our limits!

I hadn't yet earned the absolute power to summon EVERYONE to my birthday when it came about this year. Next year, though, you can guarantee that @-everyone will be getting something in the mail.

I don't think I can think of a single redeeming quality for the state of Colorado. Miss me with all that "fresh powder". Its gross, and every single one of their sports teams brings great dishonor to their fan bases.

RE: Austin Morley Pre-Ultimini Presser - Gadget - 06-09-2022

Does Pineapple belong on pizza? this is important for my bets.

RE: Austin Morley Pre-Ultimini Presser - firstfray - 06-09-2022

Reflecting back on the season, how would you grade your performance?

You started off a bit slow early in the season and then emerged at a top target in the back half of the season. What would you attribute this to?

Any pre-game nerves going into the championship game?

Looking past the Ultimini, are you excited for the draft? Any teams in particular that interest you?

RE: Austin Morley Pre-Ultimini Presser - Yeenoghu - 06-09-2022

With regards to your social media presence, do you prefer to interact directly with fans one-on-one or message everyone all at once?

RE: Austin Morley Pre-Ultimini Presser - Twenty6 - 06-09-2022

1) I know you and Joseph Reed are good pals. Has being on different teams soured the friendship any?
2) When you celebrated your birthday this past season, did you invite EVERYONE?
3) And well, considering that you wrote "any" in big bold letters, I'll lay this one on ya: how do you feel about the Colorado Rockies? Are you a big snow and mountains kinda guy? Imbibe some of that Coors Lite, maybe?

RE: Austin Morley Pre-Ultimini Presser - Chucky - 06-09-2022

When are you gonna @everyone again?
How do you put up with FF?
What would you do if the 3 team you don't wanna play for drafted you?