International Simulation Football League
ISFL plays ISFL, part three - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: ISFL plays ISFL, part three (/showthread.php?tid=39814)

ISFL plays ISFL, part three - 37thchamber - 06-13-2022

Aaaaaaaalrighty then!

[Image: cFTUmkr.png]

So my next player will be an Offensive Lineman, Mauler archetype.
Now we get to do the fun stuff. Background selection.

If you know me, you know I do a lot of character-based stuff around here. It's kind of why I bother playing this game in the first place. 
To that end, I create backgrounds, personalities, and even supporting characters to kind of make things a bit more fun. The entire concept of the wiki was based on the idea that all sim leagues exist in the same multiverse, and that there should be connections between players not just within the same sim league, but others too. 

This player doesn't have to link to any of my previous characters (in any league) but most likely I'll shoehorn something in later just because. To figure out how, we need to come up with a background for the player. I'll add some suggestions to the poll, but you're free to make suggestions (choose "other"). If you prefer an option someone posted instead of one of mine, just pick "other" in the poll, and specify which one (quote the original message or something).

When this thread closes, I will tally up the votes.
From there, I'll be proposing personality traits in the next poll based on the background selected.

In case the options are unclear:

US Senator - pretty straightforward, I would assume. They are a senator in the United States of America
International financier and ostrich racer - again, seems pretty straightforward. They are a french cake that travels the globe and has races against ostriches. Or the other meaning. Whatever.
Sentinelese escapee - "escaped" from North Sentinel Island, home to a voluntarily isolated indigenous people
Dimension-hopping scholar - assuming the Multiverse theory holds true in the world of the ISFL, this would imply the character knows how to travel between parallel worlds, and frequently did so to learn stuff
Time-travelling master thief - Carmen Sandiego meets Marty McFly

RE: ISFL plays ISFL, part three - FleshBagSoup - 06-13-2022

ostrich racer sounds cool

RE: ISFL plays ISFL, part three - Pat - 06-13-2022

Does the term, "French Cake" have any sort of different meaning in other parts of the globe, or do you literally mean a cake of French make?

RE: ISFL plays ISFL, part three - DREAMSLOTH - 06-13-2022

These are all great

RE: ISFL plays ISFL, part three - 37thchamber - 06-13-2022

(06-13-2022, 10:42 AM)Pat Wrote: Does the term, "French Cake" have any sort of different meaning in other parts of the globe, or do you literally mean a cake of French make?

I literally meant a cake of French make.

[Image: QXgj4Zl.png]

Because word jokes are fun

RE: ISFL plays ISFL, part three - Nathan - 06-13-2022

Senator Armstrong

RE: ISFL plays ISFL, part three - Pat - 06-13-2022

(06-13-2022, 01:11 PM)37thchamber Wrote:
(06-13-2022, 10:42 AM)Pat Wrote: Does the term, "French Cake" have any sort of different meaning in other parts of the globe, or do you literally mean a cake of French make?

I still don't know if you actually mean a cake or a money manager and in which way you're making fun of me but in my head he's a cake who rides horses and it's glorious.

RE: ISFL plays ISFL, part three - 37thchamber - 06-13-2022

(06-13-2022, 01:25 PM)Pat Wrote:
(06-13-2022, 01:11 PM)37thchamber Wrote:

I still don't know if you actually mean a cake or a money manager and in which way you're making fun of me but in my head he's a cake who rides horses and it's glorious.

I'm not making fun of you, I promise. I just wanted to make a joke about the ambiguity of language. I am a known hater of the English language (and French, except French can help you pick up chicks) 

So uh... Yeah. I also don't know if he's a cake who rides horses or a money manager who rides ostriches. Guess I'll determine that later if that option wins.