International Simulation Football League
(S36) Offseason Task - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S36) Offseason Task (/showthread.php?tid=39823)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - Moldycheez4 - 06-17-2022

Put this in the media by accident so reposting it to here: Tier 2 Task 7

How has my time in the ISFL/DSFL been since I joined up?

Well let me answer your question with another question - How awesome is it to wake up in the morning to frogs croaking, birds singing, and trees rustling in the soft wind with the sweet aroma of nature seeping through your slightly cracked open window?

Angelic

I started my time here as a lowly peasant and have quickly risen in the ranks to a slightly more respected peasant. In my first and only game I recorded a sack and that was pretty exciting to see, even if it is just a sim. But this league is more than a sim isn’t it? It's more than just earning TPE and participating in games. It's a family *starts to slowly tear up* It's a community! *bangs hands on podium*

In my short time in the league I have been talked to by many members of the league at different levels. GMs, Mentors, and just other players. They’ve all been kind, helpful, and understanding and aspire to reach the same level of respect and greatness that I perceive of them.

I would like to shout out dude_man and So_Evil specifically for reaching out to see how I am doing on a relatively consistent basis. You guys have been more helpful than my own professors.

Next I would like to shout out the London Royals locker room! Tons of great people in there that have certainly made me laugh quite a bit. I also was really excited when they picked me up but I know I would have been excited no matter who ended up doing that. Just getting on a team was really cool even though I knew I wouldn't just be left in Free Agency. A shout out to all of the other locker rooms who have invited me in to take a look. I have not had much time to speak with many of you but I have enjoyed talking to the few that I have.

To close out this short task I’d like to quote the Predominantly great and philosophical Lilo and Stitch “Ohana means family, Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten”

Thank you and I hope I warmed the hearts of all you peoples out there, janitors too, cause i'm going to be nothing but a hooligan from here on out!

Task 17: 

Since I am technically not on a team anymore I will be choosing the only team I have been on since I joined the league, and that's the London Royals. The new London stadium should be exquisite and unique like a fierce lion. With that being said the stadium itself will be shaped like a lion with a crown on its head. It would be a tricky task but the stadium can be made big enough to accommodate for the size of a football field plus seats for the fans to watch the game. The lion will be laying down much like the sphinx. The entrance to the parking lot will be the left front paw and will lead up into the head of the lion while the exit will come out of the other paw. The stadium itself will be located in the belly of the beast with a retractable skylight on the top of its back. A parking lot will also surround the building/work of art and the concession stands will consist of gourmet hot dogs to satisfy american fans, fish and chips, and (in a bri’ish accent) spots of tea with crumpets. The box seats will be the best in the world reserved for only the highest and most respected people in the world. It will truly be a monument to stadiums all over the world.

If the royals would like to hire me as an architect/engineer/manager of this project, I am indeed for hire. I am patenting this idea though.

Task 19: 

In this brand new action comedy set in the 27th century, Jonas Oh (played by Jason Oexius) must use his skills as a football athlete to fight off the alien invaders who have the single purpose in mind of converting everyone into…

*gasp*

Soccer fans!

With the help of his trusty janitorial sidekick, the two of them must fight the invasion by catching rogue soccer balls and launching them back into space and mopping the floor with those alien fucks who ironically have massive ships in the shape baseball bats (they are fucking weird I know). Throughout his journey he will come across past teammates and old legends to help him take down the extraterrestrial menace!

Can this tough love dynamic duo help save the world and its love for American football from a plethora of severe mental trauma?

Tune in, in like 16 years, when Jason finally retires and can make good on his promise to play shoot the show!

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - rickymartin_irl - 06-17-2022

Prompt 12 bio on another player: 307 words

Big Slammu is the biggest slammiest sack monster in the ISFL. As linebacker for the Honolulu Hahalua, opposing QBs automatically float to the surface, thinking they will be safe from the floor-dwelling stingrays which sets them up perfectly for this 7 foot tall 383 pound shark from the streets to give them the seismic slam.

Just as Big Slammu's cousin, Regular Shamu, was the subject of the 2013 documentary blackfish which brought to light Sea World's cruel practices. Big Slammu will surely be the subject of his own documentary - Bluefish, which will bring to light the cruel treatment that Big Slammu gave to opposing QBs in the Hahalua's dominating S35 season and Ultimus victory.

Big Slammu graduated from Slam U where he majored in Slamming. Big Slammu's slams aren't limited to ISFL quarterbacks and sometimes it gets him into trouble. One time he slammed the mayor's daughter and was sent to the slammer where he slammed away for 15 years. The daring story of his escape eventually was made into the oscar winning film The Sharktank Redemption.

Big Slammu also writes slam poetry. Here is an excerpt from the Montagues and the Slamulets:
O, be some other name!
What’s in a name? That which we call Big Slammu
By any other name would Slam just as Big!

Not only is Big Slammu a pillar of the Hahalua defense, he's also a pillar of the community. On weekends Big Slammu can be found slamming crime and poverty. In 2009 Zack Snyder directed a film about movie about big Slammu's crime-slamming antics:
The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'STOP SLAMMING US!'...and I'll look down and whisper 'Fintastic.'

----
Prompt 13: graphic for expansion teams
[Image: ioNvLH0.png]

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - JoshiePoo - 06-17-2022

Quote:2. Tell us about your draft class. Is there anything that makes it special in comparison to other classes? Where did your fellow draftees land, how are they doing? Did anyone turn out to be an unexpected steal of that draft based on what you know today? Do you think anyone in your draft class will become a hall of famer? If you’re new to the league, how do you think your class will do? Where do you think people will get drafted to?

I am here to gush about my draft class, Season 36. I’ve met some fantastic people, and had a bunch of amazing interactions. It cannot be overstated how much my peers have helped me stay both engaged and excited about the league, their enthusiasm and commitment have been both a goal to strive for and a thing to wonder at.

With that said, I have two hot takes about my class, one of them is relatively luke warm to be honest, but the other one is piping hot. First, I think everyone drafted in the first round has the potential to make the Hall of Fame. I think everyone is going to stay in the rat race for the top TPE spots, and the competition will be fierce throughout! Second hot take, and this one is pretty spicy IMHO. I’m predicting two players from the first round of the Season 36 draft flame out, and go IA with less than 500 TPE. Boom. Do I expect it to happen, not really honestly… But if it does, I called it.

With that out of the way, let’s look at how the draft played out tonight! As an overall generalization, I think many people were surprised with the first round. Of course there were some surefire first rounders, I don’t think anyone doubted Repgnar and Xavevalor, for instance, were going anywhere outside the first round. But there were also some surprises, and I’ll hopefully use the first round selections PT to show that the league was sleeping on some users.

Highest on the ballots, the league had Repgnar and XaveValor, with 203 and 204 votes respectively. They would end up going at #3 and #5 to New York and Chicago. But let’s take a look at the first round results to see who the surprises were!

#1oa   NOR -> COL Graham Harper - CB - Purplereign - 192 votes

#2oa   KCC -> AUS Zhaphod Beeblebrox - WR - Mooty99 - 122 votes

#3oa   MIN -> NYS Teemo Swift - S - Repgnar - 203 votes

#4oa   TIJ -> NOLA Don Dobbler - WR - Jaywe88 - 133 votes

#5oa   POR -> CHI Xavier Valoran - DT - Xavevalor - 204 votes

#6oa   BBB -> BER Kevin McThumper - LB - Chucky - 200 votes

#7oa   NOR -> SJS Ju-uan Holland - CB - Freisen - 169 votes

#8oa   LON -> PHI Alexander Milescu - S - Alikh - 65 votes

#9oa   KCC -> YKW J.T. Kurbis - OL - JoshiePoo - 98 votes

#10oa NOR -> OCO Thomas Robinson - WR - infern8 - 22 votes

#11oa LON -> CHI Quendyn Quarterstorm - S - Twenty6 - 165 votes

#12oa LON -> ARI Ignatius Reilly - LB - Yesboom - 26 votes

#13oa DAL -> NOLA JR Frankenstero - DE - Punk42AE - 47 votes

#14oa NOR -> BAL Sconnie McSix - RB - G2019 - 87 votes

We can see outside #7 overall with Ju’uan Holland, the league did not wholly predict how the rest of the round would play out. 6 of the next 7 picks received under 100 votes, and most glaringly 3 of those picks received less than 50 votes! Infern8, Yesboom, and Punk42AE had 22, 26, and 47 votes respectively. Out of 210 voters!

It goes to show how deep this draft class was/is. There were users with 200+ TPE going past pick 50 in the 4th round! Let’s get to steals, and at least my takes on them. I think at pick #19 in the 2nd round, Chicago made out like bandits with Austin Morley. He was pretty much a consensus first rounder across laymen/women around the league, with 189 votes out of 210. Plus I think the kid has HOF potential, so Butchers, great pick there. At #37 overall in the 3rd Yellowknife picked up Reece Wells II and user Josda_, which I foresee as being a huge boon for their future offense. Wells II is already capped at 250+ TPE, and Josda_ has demonstrated the ability to crank out incredible media pieces about the history of the league. Dennis Rodman and user PBS at pick #40 is also an incredible pickup for the Outlaws. He’s a great active user, and is going to anchor that Arizona O-line for years to come. Nathan Meagher and L F. T at #48 and #51 respectively, both having been capped at 250+ TPE is crazy that they went so far down. Berlin got two potentially massive steals here, especially if their locker room presence matches their TPE earning. Nathan Meagher actually had 141 first round votes! More than Thomas Robinson, Ignatius Reilly, and JR Frankenstero combined! My final steal calls are going to be Derrick Prince at #50 to Philly, and Jair Pharoah at #64 to much the same team. Philadelphia got some potentially great users here, especially if Pharoah stays active.

Crazy stuff overall. Users flying all over the board, some tumbling down, some spiking up. Like I said before, it is a testament to the depth of this class, how far some quite awesome users fell. I hope those who had aspirations of the first round, or higher rounds than they were ultimately taken, can use this as fuel to prove the doubters wrong! Of course it is easy for me to say that, having gone in the first round, but I truly believe that. Going in the 4th round of the DSFL draft lit a fire under my butt to get my rear in gear and start earning that sweet sweet TPE. Anyways, fun stuff, great class overall, I'm proud to be a part of it.

(761 words, not including the table)

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - .emfaith - 06-18-2022

Off season pass

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - Vaxlare - 06-18-2022

23. [Image: e7e6a5926e97e89244fbcdb906b0d961.jpg]

28. [Image: Untitled-1.jpg]

30. Awards will always be a controversy no matter the league, the game or the people. It is impossible for people to always agree on everything. There is no 100% way to fix an awards system to make everyone happy. Someone will always have a complaint and a way they think is better to do it . I have seen in multiple leagues and multiple ways of doing it and people still complain. Maybe we could implement a league vote on some awards that counts for a certain percentage of the vote that goes along with the awards committee vote. That could still be abused by a user campaigning for others to stuff the ballot box for them. While others would be splitting their votes for people who they truly think should win the award. In the end there is no correct way to do it without someone complaining. Anything that takes into account user thoughts will always be flawed.

31. SHL Affiliate

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - Reedy0rNot - 06-18-2022

14. Describe your player and/or team’s journey through this latest season. What were the highlights? What were the lower points? What might you have done differently? What are your expectations for next season?

My player had a challenging time this season. Growing up I was always bigger and stronger than other kids I played with. So I was always dominant. Even into my college years at the University of Michigan I was one of the most feared players on the team. When I entered into the DSFL I expected a lot of the same. Boy was I wrong. My stats for the first half of the season were not as good as I wanted. Week 1 I had 1 tackle and 1 tackle for loss. It was okay for my debut, but not the statement I wanted to make. Week 2 and 3 I only had 1 tackle each, and then week 4 I had my best game of my short career for 3 tackles and 1 tackle for loss. I was blanked week 5 and 6 which really pissed me off. I did not leave the practice facility for 3 days I was working so hard. Week 7 I came back strong with 3 tackles. Needless to say the first half of the season was not great. I did better the second half, though, as I got used to the DSFL game. Week 8 we lost to KCC and I did not have any tackles, but got a 15 yard penalty for roughing the passer. It felt good to at least get that frustration out. I had two tackles in week 9 and 10 and only 1 in week 11. I really turned it up in the last 3 games. In week 12 I had another good performance in a win against the would-be champion Seawolves with 3 tackles and one for loss. I had 4 tackles in week 13. Week 14 was one of my favorite games of the year as I helped the team to a big win and registered my first ever DSFL sack. I will work hard this offseason to prove that I can be better in the ISFL.

(331 words)

———————————————

16. This task is exclusive to recreate/non-recreate rookies of the S36 class and later. The season is over and the draft is coming up. What do you bring to a team, and why should a team choose to take a chance on you next season? (Written Task)

With the draft coming up for the ISFL I wanted to write about what I bring to a team and why they should draft me. First, I am a team player. I don’t mind getting my hands dirty in the trenches even if it means I don’t get any credit. As long as what I am doing is helping my team win and my teammates get stats I am happy. Second, I bring accountability to the locker room. I will make sure that everyone is doing their best to prepare for game day, whether that is on the practice field or the weight room. Third, I am not projected to go very early in the draft even though I am a good earner and a good locker room guy. I will be consistent and will always bring my A game, so a team doesn’t have to worry about if I will do my job or not.
(156 words)

———————————————

19. If your player had a show starring them, what would the plot be? (Written Task)

If my player had a show I think that it would be a reality show with me and my brother Austin Morley. We always loved watching Rob and Big growing up and thought that we could do everything that they did only better, if only we were rich. We could call it Big Joe and The Badger (BJATB for short) but only because I can’t think of a better name. We would go around doing all sorts of fun and adventurous things and live in a mansion together. Sadly we are not that rich yet but someday may be we can make it happen. Another idea is if ever we are on the same ISFL team I would love to do a show like Hardknocks so people could see what we do every day. I think that way people could also see who we really are outside of football too. 
(150 words)

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - Skindog44 - 06-18-2022

Offseason task #1

Alright here we are again doing our offseason task, and I decided to go ahead and look at the run here in the playoffs of the Honolulu hahalua. I think a lot of people going into the season new they were gonna be really good but they were pretty dominant if you really look at their numbers because I think a lot of folks thought their offense was just going to be the unstoppable part but their defense was actually absolutely stellar so we're going to take a look at that here in this task. so Honolulu into the season at 13 and three earning the number one overall seed in their division they run a five game winning streak going into the playoffs. they allowed only 278 points throughout the season and had 435 points. A season ago they brought in veteran quarterback Dexter Zaylren. and he continues to put on a show and put together quite the career. he was originally from Berlin after spending three seasons and averaging 4000 yards a season there he comes to Honolulu and continues that trend. he passed for 4130 yards and 34 touchdowns. The old veteran running back cobra Kai continues his run of 1000 yard seasons with his sixth in a row rushing for 1321 yards and 14 touchdowns… but when you really sit down and look at the makeup of their team you see it as stacked with defensive players. their leading TPE earner is cornerback lip Gallagher, with defensive end David frank at the number two spot and defensive tackle Cade Williams right there at 1370 TPE good for like 5th on the team. so they have a elite cornerback 2 elite defensive lineman and elite safety in miles Weperom, and another 1000 yard linebacker and Xavier walls.  this is a defense not to take lightly.  so let's go ahead and take a look at the playoffs in the first round they took on the San Jose Sabercats and defeated them 40 to 7 in an absolute blow out. cobra Kai led the offense with 126 yards on the ground in two touchdowns and the defense got 5 sacks along with a fumble recovery to lead the turnover battle. it was a collective effort by the offense as Honolulu receivers all got involved in some manner including ex Austin wide receiver Bailey cowabunga. In the next round they would go on to take on the second-place team from their division who also had a 13 and three record the Arizona outlaws. and in my opinion if there was going to be a team that was going to defeat Honolulu it was going to be right here as this was a very hard-fought match. Honolulu came out on top winning 26 to 20 in a rather intense game. Dexter threw for 270 yards and two touchdowns with a quarterback rating of 96.6 cobra Kai leading the offensive again with 25 rushing attempts 146 yards on the ground, but no touchdowns was anchoring that offense all throughout the game. the leading receiver for Honolulu was Bailey cowabunga who had five receptions on 81 yards and a touchdown. Arizona kept it tight with Wendell sailor throwing for 234 yards and a touchdown while Jay quie junior had 102 yards on the ground in a touchdown rookie stinkwater wide receiver had four receptions for 101 yards and a touchdown to lead all receivers in this game in yards. It wasn't enough Arizona as Honolulu punched there are ticket to the ultimus to take on the Baltimore Hawks. now the Hawks coming into this game lead their division within nine and seven record was one of the most dominant offenses in the league, but their defense was a little bit sure and it showed in this game. Honolulu is going to win this game 24 to 13 after scoring 21 unanswered points in just the first quarter Honolulu went defense all the way in ball control for the entire second half because they went into the half with quite the lead and Baltimore’s offense just couldn't get going. Dexter into the game with 146 yards through the air to touchdown while cobra Kai the playoffs MVP and the Ultimus MVP had 161 yards rushing on 27 attempts with two touchdowns. runner up for possible ultimate MVP would have been lip Gallagher who had six pasty flexions and seven tackles to just shut down the elite offense of Baltimore.  Honolulu would finally win their first championship after i believe five straight playoff appearances and coming up short in season 34 as runner up in the ultimus congratulations.

Code:
775 words

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - Muford - 06-18-2022

There aren’t many things that I would like to see in the new Chicago Butchers stadium, since I feel that it does have just about everything you need to make sure your fans are happy. There is one thing, though, that I would love to see in the Locker Room once we lay down a new stadium, I would love to see a game room for the Home Team, aka the Chicago Butchers, planned out. Nothing too huge or fancy, but just a nice quiet space that if you need to defuse you can go chill with some teammates and play something, cards, video games, what have you, it doesn’t matter, but adding a nice little pocket of an area like that attached to the Locker Room could be a great experience. It of course would be decked out with all the newest and latest stuff so that we wouldn’t have to bring our own stuff from home, and of course you would have to keep it updated, but I think that would be nice.

(175 words)

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - xQCFamous - 06-18-2022

9. Through a random lottery drawing, you have been named the league's new commissioner for a day. Congrats! What improvements would you make to the league if you had the power to do whatever you wanted?

If I became commissioner for a day, I'd first look to see what needed the most prioritizing. Being away from the league for quite a long while, it's hard for me to pinpoint that immediately because so much has changed from back when I was actually in the league (before the name change, etc). Regardless, I think I'd still start on the forums, I feel like sometimes when the forums have too much to them, it can make finding things confusing. There is so many sections, then sub-sections, then sub-sub-sections that sometimes all you're doing is endlessly clicking until you find the answer you're looking for or the place you need to be to do a task. I'd really like to have less 'micro-management' and more concrete categories and sections that would provide a bit more of a clear direction to those that are new to the league. Of course, this does nothing for experienced members who have been around the block for a while, but realistically it should always be about easing the path for newer members who literally know nothing. The other thing I can really think of without having to go pry for it, is maybe just realigning the divisions/conferences to not be so typical to like location and maybe more of either like a division/conference setup where teams are drafted to those divisions/conferences or play like a tournament to go into a certain division/conference. Essentially, I'd just love a shake-up where its not like every league that just follows the status quoe, you'd actually have some fun with the alignment of the divisions and maybe have like a really stacked division and then a really bad division but maybe one of those bad teams still makes the playoffs, etc. Would just be a cool dynamic, obviously I'd have to lay out the groundwork a lot more, this is just the 'base' idea for the PT purpose, but I feel like the league could go a mile with it, if it was properly drawn out. 

(WORD COUNT: 342)

----

10. Write a short biography or story about your player. This could include background about how they came to the ISFL and how they’ve done so far, a story about their role in an exciting game, or anything else related to their experience in the league.

Monty Ward is brand new to the league so I felt like this would be a good way to 'introduce' him to the league, maybe even help scouts from DSFL teams look into Ward a bit to see if he'd be a guy that fits their needs and desires. Monty Ward is fresh out of Duke University, and has come a long way to mastering his role. His whole family plays sports, various sports in fact, and all of them are near the top of their respective sports, and Monty is looking to be no different. If you're looking for someone to put in the 'extra' work and go the 'extra' mile, then Monty will be that guy for you. He stays behind after practice with the team to do his own practicing, he studies the opposition thorghougly and finds their weak points, and uses them to his advantage, and the teams advantage. Monty is the type of player that will go out there and practice until his head falls off, he's willing to give his all to any team that takes a chance with him. Monty will do as he's asked, and is very well versed and extremely disciplined. He will work fully through each week, doing all of his tasks to ensure maximum practice hours are achieved and he's only looking to be the best for his team, that's his only goal. Getting stats for him should come naturally as long as he's played a good amount of minutes, there should be no concern with his work ethic or dedication as he's also known to spend as much time as he's 'wanted' with the same team, so something to keep in mind if you're looking to draft a long-term, franchise caliber player. In the end, Monty will allow fate to take him wherever the world expects him to go, but it's going to be a fun ride for whoever selects him. 

(WORD COUNT: 323)

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - toivo - 06-18-2022

SHL PT

13. Expansion Expansion Expansion! Tell us why you think the league should expand / not expand or include any ideas (in words) for team branding ideas you have or team locations.
I would like to see the International Simulation Football League expand. With 14 teams total, 7 in each conference, I think we could easily add a couple of teams. If we added two more teams, then we could have 16 teams total, 2 8 team conferences, and then 4 divisions across those two conferences. I think this would increase rivalries and makes things a little bit more interesting. There are plenty of other reasons to increase the number of teams in the league. More teams allows the ISFL to increase its foothold and get more eyes on the league. With more eyes on the league, then more fans, prospects, and businesses will devote their attention to our league. As to where we should expand to, that is a good question. There are a ton of markets in the United States, the home of football, but we could also go the international route to really grow the game and live up to our name as the International Simulation Football League. I would suggest a South American team. Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Peru, Columbia, etc, these are all great potential locations for a new football team. The Chile Mountaineers might be a good one, but the name most likely needs some Spanish (or Portuguese if we go with Brazil). I think Guerreros (warriors) would make a good team name. However, there are many great options for names. For another team, I would like to see one in Africa. In these leagues, I feel like Africa is often overlooked despite its great potential for enormous growth. In this century, Nigeria is expected to surpass and even double the population of the United States. It would be great to tap into this market and get all these young folks interested in American football. Egypt would be a great option too, along with South Africa, Kenya, Botswana, Ghana, and many more great choices. Depending on the country, I could see a ton of different branding ideas like the Nigerian Black-Crowned Cranes. These two new expansion teams might struggle out the gate, but down the road it would be outstanding for the league. *word count 356*

17. Your team has announced that they will be laying ground on a new stadium next season. What additions would you like to see included in it. (Written Task)
It’s time for a new stadium in New Orleans. The old one has lived a great storied history, but it’s time to update and get a little more modern. The Second Line are going a little out of the box, and are going to raise the field up! The fans in the lower bowl will be slightly down but able to see the entire field. There will be plenty of seating in the catwalks that will essentially hang, so fans can literally hang from the rafters. There will be a water fall in one corner of the stadium with 100% recycled rain water, where the waterfall actually purifies the water in an energy efficient manner. The arena will be careful to control its emissions and be a responsible smart stadium. The field will be all natural grass however to cut down on player injuries. The stadium will be named after a local community icon instead of selling the name rights to a corporation. This will give the smart stadium a little more prestige. *word count 173*

kahn pbe