International Simulation Football League
(S36) Offseason Task - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S36) Offseason Task (/showthread.php?tid=39823)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - Net - 06-18-2022

PBE PT

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - ComebackZak - 06-19-2022

Offseason Task pass

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - WALDO - 06-19-2022

https://anchor.fm/uppercutpod/episodes/CW-Task-e1k5j6l

5. The league has a rich and fascinating history, and our perspectives on it differ from person to person. In 600 words or more, describe any significant moment in ISFL or DSFL history, whether you were around for it or not. Describe the context, the significant members, and the events. What exactly made this event so famous (or infamous) and why does it deserve to be remembered? Events might include championship wins, the inducting of players to the hall of fame, or even a league scandal.

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - Liter - 06-19-2022

"Sim gonna sim" is a phrase to describe moments during football simulations that cannot be described by ordinary words and phrases. Many instances of "sim gonna sim" moments happen routinely, but some stand out above all others as moments that truly make no reasonable sense, making them the most "sim gonna sim-like" moments. Instantly, when I read this prompt, two moments emerged into my head, both incredibly entertaining and exciting, these moments are probably my two favorite games that I watched live.

The first "sim gonna sim" moment I want to talk about is the exciting game that was the Dallas Birddogs versus the Minnesota Grey Ducks during week 11 of the DSFL regular season. Heading into this week, most members of the league had pretty much unanimously agreed that these two teams were two of the worst in the entire league. Both teams were coming off loses to division rivals and were already eliminated from the playoffs. This game was seemingly devoid of meaning and significance so nobody wasn't looking forward to this game. Of all the possible matchups, on paper, this one seemed to be one of the least exciting, who could've predicted that this game would be one of the most exciting games of the season. Neither of these would finish the season with more than 3 wins but these two teams ended up giving us the highest scoring game of the entire season, and was the only game to score over 100 points combined, this was also the only game where both teams scored more than 40 points. Both of these teams had been destroyed in blowouts already in the season and each team's defense played like a team that was getting blown out. What makes this a true "sim gonna sim" moment, is how unapparent and ridiculous this game was. How on Earth did these teams seemingly and suddenly become super human? This game was a nail biter and Minnesota was almost able to come back and win but Dallas put the nail in the coffin when they kept relentlessly scoring touchdowns on pretty much every possession. Every week leading to this game the sim had been destroying both teams and how perfect is it that when the sim actually goes their way, it also goes for the other team as well. After this game, both teams pretty much returned irrelevancy to make room for the intriguing playoff picture that was being shaped during the late weeks in the regular season, but boy was it an amazing game.

The other spectacular "sim gonna sim" moment that I immediately think of is the Kansas City Coyotes versus the Portland Pythons in the DSFL North conference championship, this game was SENSATIONAL. I believe this game is the epitome of what it means to be blessed by the sim and the Coyotes only one because the sim deemed it so. I was a member of the Kanas City Coyotes, a truly gifted team, and we were good, really good, but maybe not as good Portland. During the regular season, the Pythons had confidently defeating KCC twice, which led everyone to believing that KCC had little to no chance at all to beat them. Early into the game, it seemed as such, Portland was dominant and unrelenting as they were in the previous two matchups. The first quarter ended with the Pythons leading 10-0 with them getting 2 sacks and 1 interception on the KCC QB, things not looking so good for Kansas City. The second quarter wasn't much better with Portland advancing their lead to 20-7 and gaining 3 more sacks and forcing a turnover by way of fumble. At the end of the 3rd, Portland was still looking like it was heading to the Ulitmini by beating KCC, the score was 27-17 and they had the ball. Almost halfway through the 4th quarter, the sim took an immediate turn. KCC somehow managed to make a 53 yard field goal, after this, it was evident that we were blessed by the sim in this "sim gonna sim" moment. The score was 30-20 but things felt different, this sim was on our side. With 2:36 left on the clock, KCC managed to score another touchdown, making it a one score game, 30-27. Portland was trying it's very best, and picked up first down after first down, seemingly about to put the game on ice. At the KCC 33 yard line, with less than 2 minutes left, an absolutely beautiful "sim gonna sim" moment occurred. On the verge of running out of timeouts, KCC managed to force a fumble and recover it, giving them a seemingly impossible chance of winning. On their own 33 yard line with 1:48 left, they managed to march down the field, miracle after miracle happening, seemingly having the sim itself in their lineup, absolutely everything was now going KCC's way. This "sim gonna sim" moment filled drive was capped off by Jair Pharaoh catching the game winning TD, making the score 34-30. If there was any doubt the sim was blessing KCC, Portland immediately ran into a 4th down situation on their 29 yard line and was strip sacked by the one and only Jean-Ralphio Saperstein, and he recovered the ball as well by the way. What is a "sim gonna sim" moment? Well, it's when you double your total amount of points during the last half of the 4th quarter and defeat a team that has beat you repeatedly and advance to the Ultimini.

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - lespoils - 06-19-2022

31. SHL Affiliate PT: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=124570&pid=3230191#pid3230191

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - Evok - 06-19-2022

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=124570&pid=3230239#pid3230239

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - enigmatic - 06-19-2022

31. Affliate PT from either SHL/PBE/WSBL. The Weeks must match with the timeframe of this Offseason Task. And you may only use a max of 1.

SHL

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - huck24 - 06-19-2022

31. SHL affiliate

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - TeyonSchavari - 06-20-2022

OT Pass

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - Repgnar - 06-20-2022

Tier 1 Prompt 4:
The Minnesota Grey Ducks ended the season with a disappointing record. With the third overall pick in Season 36’s Draft and a 4-10 record, the state of Minnesota was ready to move onto the next season. If we look at the strength of their victories though, there are clearly somethings going right for the Ducks. Their first win came against another team that came up short for the playoffs, the Dallas Birddogs. This was a close game. Looking back with full hindsight, I think this was a perfect indication of both teams’ skills. Both teams were struggling (And continued to struggle) but were able to put up an entertaining football game with similar skills. If we’re wanting to look at positive victories for this season, then this isn’t the game to examine. In fact, the next three and only wins would come against the top 3 teams in the league. The sim was a fickle beast for Minnesota this year as we would win against the top team one week and then lose to a team that had a similar record to us. Now, I know what you’re saying. “Repgnar, there’s a reason the Ducks had a 4-10 record.” And I agree with that. But it would have been much easier to swallow losing 10 times to the top 3 teams rather than going 1-1 against those teams.

Just two weeks later the Grey Ducks would go on to beat the eventual Ultimini Champions in the Norfolk Sea Wolves. Another close game but against a much tougher opponent. Minnesota would end up putting up fewer passing yards, fewer rushing yards, and a solid defensive game until a fourth quarter collapse. By all accounts though the Ducks were the massive underdog going into the game. This was only the second loss at this point for the Sea Wolves and was a great morale booster for the Ducks. Unfortunately, this was only the start of a trend for the Grey Ducks losing winnable games and winning games they should have had no chance of.

After losing to the Bondi Beach Buccaneers (A 3-11 team), the Grey Ducks would get their third win in the season against the Portland Pythons. While the Pythons were upset in the North Championship game, they were the clear favorite most of the season. Like the Sea Wolves game, this was only the third lose for the Pythons. Stat-wise though was a completely different story. The Grey Ducks led all offensive categories and only allowed seven points all game. Jarvis harbinger-Marjin failed to eclipse 100 yards on 16 carries and never found the endzone. Minnesota fans were yelling for a playoff push as the Grey Ducks were now 3-5 in a very close conference. Again, the sim was merely providing false hope for a doomed season. The Minny Hopeful focused too much on Week 6 and Week 8 and chose to ignore a 18 point loss to the Buccaneers in Week 7 and a 34 point loss to the Royals.
The final win for the Grey Ducks came against the number one team in the league, the Tijuana Luchadores. Tijuana had only lost to the Norfolk Sea Wolves at this point and were considered heavy favorites for the Ultimini. Minnesota’s chances for the playoffs were all but gone. Critics and pundits fully expected Tijuana to stomp Minnesota at home and treat the game as a springboard for the end of the season. Instead, we would see a sloppy game by both sides and a 4-point victory for the Grey Ducks. A game in which the Kicker/Punter of the year for the Luchadores missed both an extra point and a field goal shorter than 20 yards. While the Luchadores would drop another game in the regular season, many analysts point at this game which showed that the Luchadores were not perfect.
While I didn’t focus on very many specific plays or just one game, I did want to highlight just how up and down the season was for Minnesota when it came to sims. The biggest disparity in sim testing was the Tijuana week twelve game. As my first season, it was a great opportunity to see just how ruthless and benevolent the sim can be week to week. While things like TPE, game plans, and depth charts can help an organization, I think sacrificing live animals and paying tithes to the sim Gods may be the way we go this year.

740+ WORDS