International Simulation Football League
(S36) Offseason Task - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S36) Offseason Task (/showthread.php?tid=39823)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - hotdog - 06-21-2022

Code:
Affiliate

SHL PT

Code:
18. Written Option: which teammate of yours is the ultimate team player and why? How does this person exhibit selflessness and put the team first? Are they a great locker room presence who encourages others? Do they play an important but unappreciated role on the team which doesn't receive much recognition for awards?

I'm not sure if this counts but I'm gonna pick our GM Crunk and his player Tayshaun Crunk. Crunk is the definition of selfless when it comes to personal stats and achievements and he just wants his team to be the best that it can be. Crunk's dedication is endless and he's willing to work his rear end (it's two words which is one more word than "ass") off to get results for his teammates, even when that teammate success may interfere with his own. Tayshaun and fellow corner back Rich Triplet were around the same TPE their entire career yet it's Triplet who soaked up all the glory while Tayshaun grinded in the relative quiet. Indicative of Crunk's dedication indeed. He's also a brilliant locker room presence since we like to talk about drinking alcohol there in the locker room and it turns out Crunk drinks plenty of alcohol! His constant encouragement to others resounds and reverberates throughout the locker room at all times. Also the same could be said for z-whiz tbh but i don't want to gush over him.

Code:
26. Football is a game that has been going on for a while, loved by fans all over. But what if you were able to make some rule changes? Talk us through your new version of football, and what would be different and why?

My rule change would be sure to make every game quite the spectacle - add lube. Not in a sex way, nothing sexual about this at all, but it would be funny and interesting to make every player on the field as slippery as possible. Tackling will be much more difficult now, and different defensive techniques would surely evolve to account for this radical equipment change. Players would be relubricated after every first down and tehre'd be plenty of lube on the sidelines to make sure everyone is always super slippery. An interesting side effect here is that as people continue to play and get tackled and otherwise end up on the ground, the ground itself will get more slippery as the game goes on, so solid footing will be at a premium, further increasing offensive strategies as well. The only possible downsides I can imagine here would be that injuries may increase (only maybe lol) and it would be pretty wasteful.

Code:
28. Written Option: You've been given the opportunity to create a new team in the ISFL! Describe what you'll be calling this team, why you picked the location you did, the colors you'll use for the uniforms, and anything else about the branding you'd like to add.

to set up the context here, we recently got a new puppy at home and I often will (lovingly) call her a gremlin. So I've had gremlins on the mind a lot lately and I think it would be a fun team name here. I don't necessarily care too much about the location - alliteration is typical but doesn't work well for every name, and I think this is one of those. The syllable count and cadence matter more here, so I think something liek Washington Gremlins would work and the DMV area is underrepresented here so that'll work. Plus I'm sure many politicians could be referred to as gremlins! The colors could honestly also be whatever since gremlins aren't even real, I feel like a nice ugly medium green would work well. Though green and gold is a classic combo, so if we want to look good instead of goofy we could go for some forest green with gold accents. the logo will be a gnarly little gremlin guy.

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - Cincyfan96 - 06-21-2022

12. Choose a team or player to write about that isn’t your own. What did they do well in the last season? Have they shown any drastic improvements from previous years? What could they do better?

I chose this task because there is a player who absolutely went OFF last season and I want to make sure he gets his due. Honolulu's own Xavier Walls was an absolute menace in season 35. He set career highs in tackles (124), TFLs (17), Forced Fumbles (9), Fumbles Recovered (4), Sacks (19), and scored his first defensive touchdown in the ISFL. This is one of the craziest stat lines that I have ever seen. I haven't been around the awards discussion, honestly they might have already happened, but if anyone even gets a vote for DPOY above Xavier it should be considered an outrage, and if he is not seriously considered for MVP then our league is broken. I believe that this young man is the reason the Hahalua won the championship this year in the ISFL. He was not only a game wrecker, he was a game BREAKER. Every opponent had to sweat it out, planning to minimize his impact on the game, and every opponent failed to do that. He was all over the field all of the time.

Now Walls is going to have to start dealing with some regression (REGRESSION IS THEFT) but I dare say he has built up more confidence than any other player in the league. It will be important to start gaining more and more knowledge about the game and the opposition moving forward so that he can rely on his head as his body starts to get a little bit slower. But even if the future isn't quite as bright as this season was, Xavier Walls just had a season to remember, and one that ought to be looked back on with great admiration for years to come. I haven't met this user, but my goodness man, kudos to you and congrats on a hell of a season!

14. Describe your player and/or team’s journey through this latest season. What were the highlights? What were the lower points? What might you have done differently? What are your expectations for next season?

This season was a whirlwind in Berlin. Remember when we started 4-0? Good times. We were in an insane number of close games - I believe 12 of our 16 games were decided by one possession or less. We swept the eventual champion Hahaluas which is quite the accomplishment! But when it came down to it, we just couldn't quite get the job done to get back to the playoffs for a sixth time. This organization has overachieved during a time of rebuilding, and even though it looks like we've got a season or two to go before we get back to the top in Berlin, there is not quit in this team, players, or its leadership. I'm confident that even though people will certainly have low expectations for this team, we'll make a run at it once again in season 36.

Speaking of season 36, it turns out that Adam Schell will be back for one last ride. Coming into season 35 I was certain it'd be my last until the last few weeks when we realized I would just barely be able to clear the minimal threshold for not being kicked out of this lovely league. Due to prioritization of some other positions, Berlin was still in need of the old geezer's services and Schell just couldn't resist the chance to run back the clock one last time. Now, like it or not, this will be Schell's final season and he intends to make the most of it. The old man surprised the ISFL experts by surpassing 100 tackles this last season, and in doing so joined the elite 1000 tackle club. He intends to make it into the even more exclusive 1,100 tackle club if he has any say in it this coming season. It'll be exciting to watch what the last season of this long career looks like, and then it will be sad to say goodbye to a player who has done it for a LONG time!

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - PurpleReign - 06-21-2022

2. I am a part of the brand-new season 36 draft class and this class (as has been noted numerous times before) is extraordinary in so many ways. The most obvious of which is the top end talent available here. I will start with myself, both because I am proud but also because it simply makes sense to. I was the first overall pick in the DSFL and ISFL draft, won cornerback of the year when I was in the DSFL and was instrumental in the ultimini win for my skill with sim testing. I am also a new DSFL GM, but what is most impressive about that is I am the fourth DSFL GM from my class and it is only our second season in the league! That alone should show the immense talent coming from my draft class, but another important thing to note is the sheer amount of high TPE earners we have so far.
While it is difficult to assess any “steals” in this draft since the draft just happened, but if I was going to say someone was a true steal it would be Nathan. Nathan slid to the fourth round when he was frequently mocked in the first. While it is impossible to know why this is and perhaps there is a reason, from the outside my experiences with him have shown him to be active and passionate. I would not be surprised if he is always in the conversation for one of the top TPE earners in the class and becomes one of the most dedicated members of the league. Another standout that may not have been a true “steal” because he didn’t fall too far is XaveValor. I personally had him as the top player in the class if I was going to set aside myself (since I am obviously biased in favor of myself. Him falling to Chicago sets him up amazingly to be on a good team for a long time. I think it is relatively likely that he will end up as one of the hall of famers from this class. Not to spend too much time on this draft but one amazing steal I think is Raven. Raven has been a staple in the league since its inception and is obviously very well known. He has been nothing but a top tier user and earner, the fact he fell to the second round is a testament to the skill of this class, but also it is hard to call it anything but a steal. He is essentially a guaranteed top earning wide receiver for the foreseeable future and will be an excellent locker room presence, and all that for a second-round pick.
It is a little too soon to talk about any players from this class becoming hall of famers, but there are certainly players to watch out for. This will also be a preliminary list before looking at call ups and mostly dependent on situations and my level of trust in the user to keep earning. First, as I said before I am going to trust Xave to make the hall. He will never stop earning and is on the borderline of being the highest earner in the class while also having seemed to have one of the best DT performances in the DSFL. I would be surprised if he at the very least doesn’t almost get there. Infern8 I could also see making the hall. Infern8 has the jobs to get the money consistently which should let him be a max earner for a long time. He is also going to a situation that is wide receiver needy so he could start seeing significant targets relatively quickly.

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - sathona - 06-21-2022

TIER 2:

Quote:7. This task is exclusive to non-recreate rookies of the S35 class and later. In 300 words or more, how has your experience been in the league? Who have you met that has made your time here more fun, friendly, and exciting? Have you been satisfied with your player’s early start? What was it like being drafted for the first time? Do you have any comments or suggestions for the entire league that you think should be implemented?

I haven't been in this league for very long but I have honestly been having a great time so far. I have had a lot of fun with my teammates in Tijuana - everyone there is so nice and positive and has been really good about hyping each other up even when our playoffs didn't go the way we were hoping they would go. I have interacted with a lot of people here that I haven't had a chance to before, and I am really excited to be able to get to know some of them. I had a great experience leading up to the draft; most of the teams scouted me and were extremely indulgent of my weird draft questions (including but not limited to me asking them what their mascots would taste like). My new team in Arizona have also been really welcoming and have been so helpful to me already. My updater has been extremely nice to me and helped me out when I was too oblivious to realize what the DSFL cap was. All in all I've been really pleased with the group of people I've gotten to interact with so far. My player has also gotten off to a great start - I know I picked a position that doesn't involve a great deal of difficulty when it comes to applying TPE but it's been a lot of fun to play a smaller role on the team and to be able to celebrate the little things, and I even won an award so that was fun too! I'm not sure if I'm staying at kicker but I'm more than happy to just sit back and enjoy the ride either way. When I joined, I wasn't sure I was going to stay active, or how well I would end up earning, but I am finding it a little easier to earn money and do the PTs than I thought it would be, so who knows what the future holds!

TIER 3:

PBE Affiliate (username skoldpaddor)

Quote:19. Written Option: If your player had a show starring them, what would the plot be? Graphic Option: Create the cover art for your player’s show

The Savathûn the Witch Queen television show is going to be a sort of Keeping Up with the Kardashians type thing, a largely scripted "reality" show in which I, Savathûn, an alien god-queen bent on universal domination and conquest, go about my daily life attempting to pursue a career in professional sports. There are a lot of entertaining misunderstandings when I do things like going to the grocery store where I ask to purchase flesh to eat and am given strange looks by the humans working there. I also have an entire episode that involves me going and getting fitted for my football equipment, which is a lot of fun for everyone in the situation. The show features some interactions in the locker room as well in which I try to motivate my teammates in our conquest of the league, and we all celebrate wins together and swear vengeance on our enemies for our losses. It is a limited miniseries but we have been picked up for another set of episodes.

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - dallasrogue21 - 06-21-2022

Sim gonna sim. That phrase still stings when I hear it. Season 35. Playoff semifinals. Portland Pythons versus the Kansas City Coyotes. The Pythons were a massive favorite coming into this game as they had arguably the best defense in the league all regular season, and definitely the best defensive line of the regular season. And as the first half came to a close, it seemed that the writing was on the walls.

At the half, the pythons were up 20 to 7, with an easy victory in sight. As, with their amazing defense, even if their offense disappeared, the Coyotes could not put together enough points to catch them, right? The third quarter started off well, with a quick 3 and out by the Kansas City Coyotes, and with a quick two play drive, the Portland Pythons scored another touchdown. 27 to 7 now. Way out of reach.

Stevie Licks of the Pythons kicked off the football, and the coyotes kneel in the endzone for a touchback. Then ensues a 6 minute long drive that ends in a touchdown for the Coyotes. 27 to 14. Still too far, right?

A coyotes kickoff and returned to portland's 11, followed by a quick 3 and out. Punt for 30 yards, returned 9 of those, the coyotes are on portlands 40. In prime scoring position. The stellar pythons defense makes a stand and forces the coyotes to settle for a field goal. Kickoff. Ball on Portland 11.

The third quarter ends with the Pythons up 27 to 17, and the pythons at first and goal on Kansas City's 9 yard line. The fourth quarter begins. Kansas City manages to hold the Python's offense to only a field goal, 30 to 17. Kickoff. Ball on Kansas City's 20.

The coyotes then have a messy 5 minute drive, that included a sack from Absolute Unite, and cap it off with a 53 yard field goal. 30 to 20, pythons.

Kickoff. Ball on Portland 16. Quick first down, followed by a fumble from Boone Mccoy, although he does also recover it, but it leads to a third and 11 try, that does not convert. Punt. Ball on Kansas City 16.

Mind you, there is only 5 ish minutes left on the clock at this point.

Quick 2 and a half minute drive that ends in a touchdown. 30 to 27. 2 mins 23 seconds on the clock. Kickoff. Ball on portland's 32. A really rough 5 plays with 4 penalties total, followed by a rare James Harbinger-Marjin fumble, recovered by Kansas City. Ball on Kansas City's 39. Only 1 minute 48 seconds left.

At this point, a touchdown presumably wins the game for Kansas City, and a field goal would send the game into overtime. And with Portland's historically great defense, they shouldn't score at all, not according to the sim. 

Kansas City marches right down the field in 1 minute and 8 seconds and score a touchdown, putting them up 34-30, Portland does get the ball back, but with only 35 seconds left, and Boone Mccoy gets sacked. Kansas City kneels on the ball and wins the game.

In what world does this comeback happen! Queen Elizabeth may be the same age as Tom Brady, but she is not him! And with Portland's ridiculous defense, how did they score with 1 minute 48 seconds left! This should have been a blowout! And the Ultimini should have also been a blowout! THE PYTHONS WERE ROBBED. AND THE SIM KNOWS IT. SO WHAT DO WE DO ABOUT THIS YOU ASK? WE RIOT. WE REVOLT. DOWN WITH THE SIM. DOWN WITH THE COYOTES. DOWN WITH EVERYONE WHO OPPOSES THE SNEKS. WE WILL BE BACK. AND NEXT TIME, KANSAS CITY, THE SIM WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SAVE YOU.

620 words.

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - seafreddy - 06-21-2022

31. PBE Affiliate

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - Fronk - 06-21-2022

S36 OT Pass

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - MrStennett - 06-21-2022

8. If Reggie "Rumble" Ronson were to win an award that doesn't have anything to do with on-field performance, then it would have to be "Best Position Switch Boy". I wasn't necessarily looking to switch out of the running back position when I was heading into the ISFL draft, and I told most of the teams that scouted me as much. I was happy with how that worked out in the DSFL and really wanted to try and get an offensive player of mine into the Hall of Fame right along side Thorian Skarsgard, my original player who was a defensive tackle. I had some hopes that maybe Charlemagne Cortez, my most recent player who was the Arizona Outlaws quarterback, would complete this feat but I'm getting less and less bullish on that by the day. However, when CC contacted me asking about my interest in playing for the Chicago Butchers, my opinion on switching to the other side of the ball started to change. Chicago didn't need a running back, but they would definitely have room for a linebacker. That was the only other position I was really contemplating going with when I made Ronson, so I kept thinking about it. He told me in not so many words that if I was cool with becoming a linebacker they would definitely love to grab me in the first round, and so I decided to pull the trigger. To be honest, I couldn't be happier with my decision thus far. Not only did I help the Butchers win the Ultimus in my rookie season, but I also managed to be both Defensive Rookie of the Year and the Ultimus Defensive Player of the Game. It's some nice hardware for a player playing a position that even a few months ago I would have told you wouldn't have happened. So, for switching positions and then being the bomb.com while doing it, Rumble Ronson wins "Best Position Switch Boy".

Code:
326 words

26. I mean, obviously, a guy whose nickname is Rumble would really love to play a version of football where there were no penalties. Just really let me get in there and light some guys up. If you catch me with a chop block or hold me, I guess you win this round. Just know that when I do eventually slip through and get to your quarterback, I picking him up and slamming him down with authority. I mean, you're going to hear this dude's back crack for sure. Oh, and if you even think about throwing over the middle, you best have a man wide open, because if he's anywhere near me I'm going to introduce him to the turf for sure. That receiver is now going to be on a first name basis with the ground. The reason I'm so passionate about this is because I'm such a big guy that I feel like this style of play would definitely benefit me and my skillset.

Code:
166 words

31. PBE PT Affiliation

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - dustywilson22 - 06-21-2022

Write 600 words or more on something about anything in the league that interests you. It could be related to statistics, a league issue that you take seriously, or a niche part of history that doesn’t fit neatly into either of the above categories. This must be directly related to the league, so don’t wax 600 words about your team’s participation on a Werewolf server or something.

Well I'm a knew guy to this sim league, but I am with the EFL. With the EFL It's definitely a bit smaller than this league that's for sure. This league seems so helpful as well helping me in every way possible by giving me all advice and how to get my tasks done while making money. The most interesting part so far is that for new players they hold a prospect bowl that allows you to see your player perform and just see the stats your player puts up at just your base stats for It.

This Is really a great touch to be completely honest as with any other league I've never been apart of a prospect bowl In all my sim leagues, So This Is definitely a feature that Is amazing to me. It Is interesting that there are some Index's missing and that If there are more prospect bowls that have happened In league's past they haven't been kept up with. This Is where I stepped In this season to hopefully help guys see their stats on one page and see their teams record for the prospect bowl segments of games.

The Way this league also has a draft for the DSFL as that Is a cool feature as most leagues usually have the recruiting process that I've been apart of, but most of my other leagues have adapted to the idea of a minors draft allowing for every team owner to have the same odds, so that they may each get a great prospect. The other great feature Is having a rookie discord where that way you can be directed to all the new players information allowing you to be ready for when It comes to your own time to know what you're doing while you are earning within this league. The Discord allows you to adjust to the league and gives you all the information that you might miss out on If you were just In the ISFL discord and trying to ask questions and get lost within a conversation someone else Is having. They make a comfortable entrance for any new guy that joins the league and It's a big formality for me as I'm still super new to these sim leagues and seeing all the league use forums allows me to easily adjust to this league just as I did In my other leagues.

Now I have seen that they don't have much affiliates with other leagues that I'm in, so I would say maybe getting more partnerships with other leagues would possibly get more players into this league and give this league some more options for guys to earn money and TPE possibly. For those people that are in a bunch of sim league It makes the process of earning a lot simpler as they give you the options to use an affiliate point task to earn the TPE that other wise would mean more work to earn tpe in that league. I believe the ability to give someone a more convenient option as to where you just need to write one article for all your leagues and make sure you max earn to be the best player in all your sim leagues.

Now I don't know If the league streams games in the DSFL and ISFL, but if they do thats where they stand out from the pack as with EFL they just send the stats to the game and have one game be the game of the week, Which If the league does that also that's perfect too.

My biggest thing Is the fact you can be an OL in a sim league??!!!?? That's literally the best feature as I know not everyone Is going to want to be an OL. It Isn't the most statistical position that will get you a ton of awards, but the fact you know you are an important player to how your team operates and get touchdowns. The fact you can just be a casual player too while being in so many sim leagues Is such a great thing to me as I just want to earn to the best of my ability and have a stress free experience while playing a position that I absolutely adore when It comes to football as It to me Is the most important position in the game with QB following secondly closely.

So just to finish this off ISFL you have absolutely amazed me with everything with you guys so far and I absolutely hope I can find great ways to earn. I will also be looking to serve breakfast every night on gameday as I pancake players onto the turf or the grass. It don't matter to me!

RE: (S36) Offseason Task - Gordon Bombay - 06-22-2022

6. Write 600 words or more on something about anything in the league that interests you. It could be related to statistics, a league issue that you take seriously, or a niche part of history that doesn’t fit neatly into either of the above categories. This must be directly related to the league, so don’t wax 600 words about your team’s participation on a Werewolf server or something.

IN FRENCH :

Je vais profiter de cette question pour parler d’un emploi dans la ligue qui me tient à coeur. Le metier de directeur générale. La prochaine saison va être ma deuxièeme saison à titre de directeur général des Royals de Londres. Dans ce texte je vais parler des différentes facettes du métier de directeur ainsi que les compétences essentiels. Je ne prétends pas d’être un expert, mais je crois savoir ce qu’il faut afin d’avoir du succès dans la ligue. Je vais parler des facettes suivantes : l’administration du vestiaire, le repêchage, l’administration de l’alignement et les performances sportives

L’administration du vestaire. Je crois que c’est la facette la plus importante du metier. Un vestaire en santé signifie des joueurs actifs ce qui résulte en des joueurs qui acquièrent des TPE. Un bon directeur général doit être actif à tous les jours dans le vestiaire, il doit s’assurer d’être à l’ecoute et d’animer les conversations. Il doit être créatif afin de créer des memes qui sont susptible de rallier l’équipe. Il faut aussi s’assurer de creer de multiple canals qui permettent d’échanger sur divers sujets. Les jeux discord tel que le jeu de pokemon sont des bon outils afin de garder le vestiaire actif. La gestion du vestiaire ne signifie pas seulement la gestion du serveur discord. Il faut aussi s’assurer de creer des liens avec le joueurs afin de s’assurer qu’ils demeurent actif tous au long de leur carrière.  C’est une facette du metier de directeur général que je crois maitriser.

Le repêchage est une autre facette importante du métier de directeur générale. Un bon repêchage signifie des jouerus actifs se qui signigie des victoires. Je crois que la qualité numéro un pour un bon repêchage est de savoir délèguer. Deux directeurs générales seuls n’ont pas assez de temps pour avoir des discussions poussées avec les recrues. Il faut savoir s’entourer d’une war room en qui on a pleinement confiance. Plus qu’on est de repêcheurs , plus c’est facile d’avoir les bonnes informations sur les recrues. Plus on a d’information , plus le succès est garentie. Lorsqu’on repêche il faut se concentrer sur plusieurs chose. La chose la plus prioritaires est l’utilisateur. Est-ce que la personne est agréable et va contribuer a une bonne ambiance dans le vestiare ? La deuxième chose à considèrer est le besoin positionel. Est-ce qu’on a de la place pour faire jouer le joueur ? Est-c que la position du joueur est une position essentiel au succès sur le terrain? Est-ce que le joueur est prêt à changer de position? La troisième chose à considèrer lorsqu’on repêche un joueur c’est le leadership de la personne. Une équipe forte et active a une war room forte et active. C’est important d’identifer des joueurs qui vont être en mesure de contribuer a la war room dans le futur. Il faut toujours renouveler le leadership de l’équipe. La DSFL étant une ligue de développement, il est primordial de prioriser les nouveaux lors du repêchage. Ils doivent avoir la meilleur expérience possible afin d’avoir du plaisir dans la ligue et rester actif longtemps.

La gestion de l’alignement va de pair avec la gestion du vestiaire. Il est important de rester actif dans le vestiaire et se doter d’outil afin de garder les joueurs actif. Cela peut être fait à l’aide de rappel hedbomaire sur les tâches à effectuer. Il est aussi important de donner des pistes builds aux joueurs. Ils doivent garder une indépendance, maisi ll est important que la war room pointe les joueurs dans la bonne direction.

La dernière facette la plus importante du metier de directeur général est la facette des performances sportives. Je n’ai pas le meilleur esprit de football alors c’est important pour moi d’être bien entouré. C’est pour ça que je crois nécessaire d’avoir un grand nombre de personne de la war rom dévoué au simulateurs. C’est personnes sont responsable des stratégies semaine après semaine. Ils nous assurent que nous avons du succès sur le terrain. Avoir différentes opinions ne permis de grandir rapidement.

En résumé un bon directeur général garde son équipe active avec un vestiaire amusant et s’assure d’être entouré d’une war room compétente.