International Simulation Football League
*S36 Draft - Individual Pick Grades (Part 2) - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *S36 Draft - Individual Pick Grades (Part 2) (/showthread.php?tid=40014)

*S36 Draft - Individual Pick Grades (Part 2) - DREAMSLOTH - 06-22-2022

This is a continuation of my overall S36 Draft recap; the same disclaimer from that post applies here as well. You can review Team Grades & Analysis here.

Individual Pick Grades - Part 2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Round 3, Pick 1
COL The Colorado Yeti select:
@iStegosauruz - Mister Hogmally
Tight end, Dallas Birddogs

Grade: A+

So, here is where my analysis drops off a cliff because of having a newborn around the house!

My #1 with a bullet TE of this draft. The Yeti finally pick up an offensive weapon backed up by one of the top earning users in the entire ISFL. Great fit for the team that fills an immediate need.

"
"Round 3, Pick 2
AUS The Austin Copperheads select:
@enigmatic - Raffaele Tommasi
Cornerback, Bondi Beach Buccaneers

Grade: A

One of the top two remaining CBs. I might have gone Suggs here but there seems to be some connection between enigmatic -- an already well-liked user around the league -- and the Copperheads. Austin needs all the help it can get on defense. Solid pick given the remaining talent.

"
"Round 3, Pick 3
NYS The New York Silverbacks select:
@Rusfan - Mandrews McHollywood
Wide receiver, Kansas City Coyotes

Somehow not the first or second KCC receiver to go off the board. Rusfan is a longstanding user who had arguably the top receiving performance on a league-leading DSFL air raid in S35. As Savage enters their twilight years, it's important they have weapons to maximize on the window they have now. Great value here in the third round.

"
"Round 3, Pick 4
NOLA The New Orleans Second Line select:
@Charple - Charles Chapman
Defensive tackle, Dallas Birddogs

Grade: A-

The ""how did this player fall to the third round?"" surprises continue, this time with one of the top two remaining DTs in Charles Chapman. The Birddogs defense may not have lit up the boards, but select players were notable standouts on that squad. Charple has been a great community presence and should be an immediate contributor on a defense noticably lacking victory in the trenches. I would've gone Nathan Meagher here, but it's a good pick all the same.

"
"Round 3, Pick 5
SAR The Sarasota Sailfish select:
@`NonComplicit` - Aqeel Steele
Defensive end, Minnesota Grey Ducks

The best remaining DE by a mile. Steele put up a solid case for All-Pro consideration and user NonComplicit has become a staple in the community. Great pickup by Sarasota, who needs to continue bolstering this defensive core for a shot at another Ultimus.

"
"Round 3, Pick 6
BER The Berlin Fire Salamanders select:
@Liter - Fred Edison
Linebacker, Kansas City Coyotes

Liter must have spit in a scout's drink or something, because for them to have fallen into the third round either takes bad luck or some righteous anger. Fred Edison was a top-5 LB in DSFL S35, and he was a core part of the playoff run that took KCC to an Ultimini. Liter should be an immediate contributor on the playing field and in the LR.

"
"Round 3, Pick 7
SJS The San Jose Sabercats select:
@AW13 - Fat Jack
Defensive tackle, Bondi Beach Buccaneers

Grade: B

San Jose needed a DT, and they got one. Fat Jack should pair well with Mike Scott on their new defensive line. Though I can't help but wonder.. why not take Nathan Meagher here? Nathan has been active and holds 63 more TPE than AW13. Similar to the case in NOLA and Berlin, someone definitely spit in someone else's drink. Y'all should stop doing that.

"
"Round 3, Pick 8
@`belowavgg` - Ceti Pyxis
Running back, Minnesota Grey Ducks

Am I bitter about the blatant nepotism on display here? No, of course not, I would never be! Speaking purely in TPE terms, there was a better RB on the board in Bean Delphine. Pyxis is still a solid pickup that should help spell Sam Squanch as they start riding into the sunset. Pyxis should at least keep up with TPE for the long-term so this is great value considering the pick and what is left on the board.

"
"Round 3, Pick 9
YKW The Yellowknife Wraiths select:
@josda_ - Reece Wells II
Tight end, Bondi Beach Buccaneers

Yellowknife needed a TE and they got one. josda_ is an active user and Reece Wells II was one of the leading TEs in the DSFL. High upside here for the long-term.

"
"Round 3, Pick 10
OCO The Orange County Otters select:
@Suggs - Suggs Upshar II
Cornerback, Portland Pythons

Best available CB + need for CB = great pick. Suggs was one of the leading CBs in the league and helped make up a defensive core in Portland that nearly led them to an Ultimus. Career starter potential here.

"
"Round 3, Pick 11
CHI The Chicago Butchers select:
@Reedy0rNot - Joseph Reed
Defensive tackle, London Royals

Grade: B+

Joseph Reed is a great DT, but yet again they are not Nathan Meagher. Reedy0rNot brings a lot to the table from a user perspective, however. Should be a good long-term pickup for Chicago but I yet again can't help but wonder why Nathan wasn't selected here.

"
"Round 3, Pick 12
ARI The Arizona Outlaws select:
@PBS - Dennis Rodman
Offensive lineman, Tijuana Luchadores

PBS has the best remaining OL available and is a known quantity in the ISFL. Arizona has few needs so they can build up around the core they already have. Massive value at the bottom of the third round for a team that already has a lot going for it.

"
"Round 3, Pick 13
@Ulaire - Akaki Akayre
LB, Portland Pythons"

Probably the best trade up of this entire draft. Arizona gets another incredible core player that has already shown potential to stick around the league for the long haul. Ulaire was a great presence in the LR and should bring that same energy to Arizona with their near-certain All-Pro, Akaki Akayre.

"Round 3, Pick 14
@TheDangaZone - Jimmy Holding
Offensive lineman, Minnesota Grey Ducks

Similar situation as Arizona selecting Dennis Rodman, though you could argue the need is greater here. TDZ has shown potential to be a career player, and Austin needs as many of those as it can get. Quality pick given what is left on the board.

"
"Round 4, Pick 1
@SDCore - Effoff IamYeti
Defensive tackle, Norfolk Seawolves

Something something why didn't they pick Nathan Meagher something something but their name is Effoff IamYeti. +1 for the memes.

"
"Round 4, Pick 2
@dallasrogue21 - Roma Amir-Kani
Safety, Portland Pythons

Austin is killing it with their mid-round selections. dallasrogue may have started a bit later in the season, but they quickly emerged as a leading presence in the Portland LR. High likelihood they end up hitting max earner status if not something close to it. Huge value for the pick, even if Roma Amir-Kani hasn't capped in TPE just yet.

"
"Round 4, Pick 3
@khkreator - Kaiden King
Safety, Dallas Birddogs

Very similar story as with dallasrogue, khkreator is an active presence in the community and has a similarly comparable player in Kaiden King. NYS continues to bolster their secondary with another great long-term pick.

"
"Round 4, Pick 4
HON The Honolulu Hahalua select:
@`SeymourSnatches` - Bean Delphine Jr
Running back, Bondi Beach Buccaneers

Perhaps the most interesting name in the draft in a draft full of interesting names, SeymourSnatches and their player Bean Delphine go as the best available RB to replace the retired Cobra Kai. Not the RB pick I would have expected from Honolulu, but they must have liked what they saw in scouting to have waited this long for an RB.

"
"Round 4, Pick 5
@JustCloud - Justin Cloud
Defensive end, Kansas City Coyotes

Top remaining DE and an absolute wizard with Photoshop. JustCloud may not have lit up the league stat-wise, but they should have plenty of opportunities as they continue to earn. Another high-value selection of need for Sarasota, they now have two prospect career starters on both ends of the d-line.

"
"Round 4, Pick 6
@Nathan - Nathan Meagher
Defensive tackle, Bondi Beach Buccaneers

Berlin gets two of the highest TPE defensive players in Rounds 3 and 4. How Nathan fell this far is a mystery to me, and likely to him as well. He was one of the top DTs and has been present in the community since joining the league. He has future HOF potential in my eyes -- this is a huge get for the Fire Salamanders.

"
"Round 4, Pick 7
@PurplePiratePoo - Will Nightingale
Cornerback, Norfolk Seawolves

PurplePiratePoo joined up a bit late, though similar to dallasrogue they have firmly planted their flag as a member of the community. Nightingale should have the same kind of high ceiling as well, even though the earnings aren't there just yet. Considering what else is left on the board and what the Sabercats needed, this is an amazing pickup in the 4th round.

"
"Round 4, Pick 8
PHI The Philadelphia Liberty select:
@AnUnoriginalGuy - Derrick Prince
Wide receiver, Bondi Beach Buccaneers

If you haven't noticed Adam since he signed up, you have not had your eyes open. One of the most active members of the DSFL community, AnUnoriginalGuy has been involved in all sorts of league activities since Day 1. I'm a bit surprised their earnings haven't matched their enthusiasm, though I'm sure they'll figure out a way to optimize that over their career. Another solid offensive pickup for Philadelphia.

"
"Round 4, Pick 9
@C9Van - L F.T
Tight end, Portland Pythons

The best remaining TE and a contender for All-Pro status. C9Van was another great presence on the Pythons in S35 and put up one of the more well-rounded seasons on both the blocking and receiving side. Even if C9Van isn't a max earner, this is still a great pickup for Berlin heading into the fifth round.

"
"Round 4, Pick 10
@lespoils - Pan Cakes
OL, Tijuana Luchadores"

Hard to say whether this is a better selection than taking Orlando Doom at the same pick, though you can't deny the impact Pan Cakes had on Tijuana's offensive success last season. High-potential pick that comes with some question marks, but NYS needs help down the line with their OL so they can't afford to skip this opportunity.

"Round 4, Pick 11
@seal - Pete Zuh
Quarterback, Norfolk Seawolves

No doubt the best rookie QB available in this class. Pete Zuh will be set up nicely to pick up the mantle once Carter Knight retires. Sarasota already addressed most of their key needs so I love seeing this pick from them.

"
"Round 4, Pick 12
@Chrundle - Emerson Quinn
Linebacker, London Royals

Emerson Quinn is far and away the best remaining LB. It remains to be seen how active Chrundle will be over time, but if nothing else Arizona gets yet another solid pickup here given the players available.

"
"Round 4, Pick 13
@RockbotRockbo - Rockbot Rockbo
Wide receiver, Minnesota Grey Ducks

Rockbo is the best remaining WR. Despite their TPE, they were one of the top 15 WRs in the league last season. Not a bad value to find late in the 4th round, especially for a team that needs all the help it can get on offense. Should be a solid contributor over time as well.

"
"Round 4, Pick 14
@bechtudo - Udo E Beaty
Running back, Bondi Beach Buccaneers

Philadelphia takes its second RB of the draft. Why? I have no idea. I really don't. negs is a madman. Perhaps there is a method to the madness, however, especially given that bechtudo is an active user and Beaty is fairly new to the league. Lots of upside here, if bechtudo and Philadelphia can capitalize on it. Though again, Philly had other needs to address this draft.

"
"Round 5, Pick 1
@Bunny - Orlando Doom
Offensive lineman, Norfolk Seawolves

The best remaining OL and not too far apart from their peers in TPE. If Bunny can stay active, this will be one of the best steals of the draft.

"
"Round 5, Pick 2
@wuma - Sexy Wilfork
Defensive tackle, Tijuana Luchadores

The Austin defensive rebuild continues. Sexy Wilfork is both the best-named and highest-rated DT available on the board. Similar to other players of this caliber, if wuma stays active this could be a huge steal for the Copperheads.

"
"Round 5, Pick 3
CHI The Chicago Butchers select:
@KingOfTheOzone - Walter McKinley
LB, Tijuana Luchadores"

Chicago continues to bolster their front seven with a pickup in KingOfTheOzone, a relatively new player who showed some early enthusiasm about joining the league. Definite question marks around long-term commitment, but the potential is there if they can stay active.

"Round 5, Pick 4
@patsfreak27 - Turt Golum
Tight end, Portland Pythons

We're approaching the ""is this player going to stick around?"" phase. Turt Golum started late in S35 and I haven't seen much from patsfreak27. If they can pick up their activity it'll be a solid pick for NOLA, but there's certainly no guarantee of that happening. I really think NOLA should have picked Mabel Pines here.

"
"Round 5, Pick 5
@FL4K__ - Malcom Graves
Running back, Minnesota Grey Ducks

Another late-comer in the season, Graves has some potential if they are willing to stick around, especially given that John Huntsman needs some companionship in the Sarasota backfield. There were better RBs on the board, however, so I'm not sure why Graves was taken here as opposed to Breezy or Pharaoh.

"
"Round 5, Pick 6
@Air Crou - Roque Santa Cruz
Quarterback, Dallas Birddogs

Berlin was near the bottom of the pack in passing yards. They look for the ultimate successor to Jesus Christ Jr. in Air Crou, who is almost certain to be a career earner. Great pickup for Berlin given the pick/round.

"
"Round 5, Pick 7
@LIL MUNKEY - C.G Breezy
Running back, Tijuana Luchadores

If LIL MUNKEY sticks around, the Sabercats will get 1st-2nd round talent at a massive discount here. That's a big if, however. Here's to hoping the Sabercats can get a career out of C.G Breezy, especially given the need for help in their backfield. Pharaoh would've been my pick here for SJS to go with a RB.

"
"Round 5, Pick 8
@Jmsewa19 - Jair Pharaoh
Running back, Kansas City Coyotes

Philadelphia takes its.. wait, let me check my notes.. third running back of the draft? Third as in, three? I'm not sure what Philly is playing at here. Pharaoh is the best of the last three RBs taken in terms of TPE, and possibly activity as well. Another add for the committee, though again I think Mabel Pines could've been the selection here. Let's see how this plays out, Cotton!

"
"Round 5, Pick 9
@Alphavictory - Richard Harden
Tight end, Tijuana Luchadores

Grade: B-

Yellowknife takes.. another TE! At this point I would've gone with best available player, especially when YKW drafted a quality TE just two rounds ago. Not that they need the support in the secondary, but it couldn't hurt either. At least Alphavictory is known to be active.

"
"Round 5, Pick 10
@Twinsfan87 - Jeremy Crouse Jr.
Kicker, London Royals

The Otters are the only exception to the ""should've taken Mabel Pines here"", going with a KP as a necessary replacement to Dallas Dole. If Twinsfan87 picks up their activity, they may be able to start sooner than later.

"
"Round 5, Pick 11
@cluesman - Tyrod Iverson
Defensive tackle, Kansas City Coyotes

Sure, why not at this point. The last potential active DT on the board. Lots of question marks here, but there's upside if OCO can get cluesman to continue updating.

"
"Round 5, Pick 12
@Jo3fish5 - Amadan Fool
Defensive end, London Royals

Grade: B-

I suppose NYS already had their secondary covered. Still would've been my pick to go that route in Mabel Pines. Hopefully Jo3fish5 stays active, and you could argue the need here even if it's late in the draft.

"
"Round 5, Pick 13
BAL The Baltimore Hawks select:
@dude_woman - Mabel Pines
Cornerback, Tijuana Luchadores

The rich get richer. Baltimore somehow gets a 200+ TPE player near the end of the fifth round. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"
"Round 5, Pick 14
HON The Honolulu Hahalua select:
@drewlikesthepanthers - Drew Stowe
Wide receiver, Tijuana Luchadores

Grade: C

IA but best available. Congratulations!

"
"Round 6, Pick 1
@CJ_the_M16 - Rerry Jice
Wide receiver, Dallas Birddogs

Another IA receiver. Not much you can do here.

"
"Round 6, Pick 2
@Thegreatbambino - Trigger Robinson
Offensive lineman, London Royals

IA GLHF

"
"Round 6, Pick 3
@poopooinp - Poopoo InPee
Safety, Portland Pythons

Grade: C+

Ok, this is the actual best-named player of the draft. The man, the myth, the legend, taken in Round 6. May they get into the HOF no matter their stats or TPE. T-2nd in INTs in the DSFL, if you can believe that. IA tho :/

"
"Round 6, Pick 4
@SmittyHextall - Nick Smith
Running back, Dallas Birddogs

IA OK

"
"Round 6, Pick 5
@gtg1994 - Greg Givens
Cornerback, Bondi Beach Buccaneers

IA shpoopie doopie

"
"Round 6, Pick 6
@smitty_oom - Smitty Oom
Defensive tackle, Kansas City Coyotes

IA you ever wonder why Cheese Whiz is called ""Whiz""? Like what does that mean? Is it short for wizard or something? I don't know what that means. Someone please help me.

"
"Round 6, Pick 7
@Saltystew32 - Payton Wilhelm
Wide receiver, Portland Pythons

IA guuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh

"
"Round 6, Pick 8
@Buttersqauch101 - Patrick Cunningham
Kicker, Bondi Beach Buccaneers

Hey, here we go! Finally a 6th Round pick that matters! Philly lucks into an active player, and a KP nonetheless, in Buttersqauch101. Not bad all things considered, and there's actual potential for them to earn TPE. A bit lower on the TPE side but all the same, this is a good pickup for the draft value.

If there was a RB available though, I bet negs would've taken them.

"
"Round 6, Pick 9
@deffmonk - Bunk McDunk
DT, Tijuana Luchadores

Mr. Irrelevant? More like.. no, I've got nothing. My brain is mush. Hell of a name though.

RE: S36 Draft - Individual Pick Grades (Part 2) - DREAMSLOTH - 06-22-2022

I just realized the grades weren't added when I originally posted. Updated to reflect the grades.

RE: S36 Draft - Individual Pick Grades (Part 2) - AnUnoriginalGuy - 06-22-2022

Quote:I'm a bit surprised their earnings haven't matched their enthusiasm, though I'm sure they'll figure out a way to optimize that over their career.
this truly is a bruh moment

/j

RE: S36 Draft - Individual Pick Grades (Part 2) - DREAMSLOTH - 06-22-2022

(06-22-2022, 04:11 PM)AnUnoriginalGuy Wrote:
Quote:I'm a bit surprised their earnings haven't matched their enthusiasm, though I'm sure they'll figure out a way to optimize that over their career.
this truly is a bruh moment

/j

Just looking at the numbers my dude! Also you can't cherry pick the critical part and not celebrate the good part, that's messed up Big Grin

RE: S36 Draft - Individual Pick Grades (Part 2) - Twenty6 - 06-22-2022

Mama mia... I can't even imagine the amount of work put into this. Bravo!

RE: S36 Draft - Individual Pick Grades (Part 2) - AW13 - 06-23-2022

I will take a B but yeah I agree Meagher should have gone way sooner. I went to SJS due to being a long time Sabercat but I had Meagher in my first round selections!

RE: *S36 Draft - Individual Pick Grades (Part 2) - Air Crou - 06-25-2022

You were miles off on my pick. Berlin already has a QB. I am not going to take over form nobody. Singh is taking over Christ Jr.

RE: S36 Draft - Individual Pick Grades (Part 2) - DREAMSLOTH - 06-25-2022

(06-23-2022, 09:57 AM)AW13 Wrote: I will take a B but yeah I agree Meagher should have gone way sooner. I went to SJS due to being a long time Sabercat but I had Meagher in my first round selections!

The grade is based on the selection, not necessarily the player. I hear you though! I know there was a lot of picks based on familiarity this draft.

RE: *S36 Draft - Individual Pick Grades (Part 2) - DREAMSLOTH - 06-25-2022

(06-25-2022, 01:40 PM)Air Crou Wrote: You were miles off on my pick. Berlin already has a QB. I am not going to take over form nobody. Singh is taking over Christ Jr.

For sure, I figured that would happen at least once or twice.