International Simulation Football League
*If I were Legion GM... - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *If I were Legion GM... (/showthread.php?tid=4007)

Pages: 1 2

*If I were Legion GM... - Bayley - 09-01-2017

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Because I am not currently attached to any team, I decided to have a little fun and say what I would do if I were the GM of the Las Vegas Legion. Without any first round pick, they are in a tough spot, but I think they have players and pieces that could put them in the right frame of mind in order to turn this around. With that said, here is what I would do. This is honestly not meant to offend anyone, just looking at it from what I think I'd do.

Trade CB Leon Morgan
Cornerback is a position that is of need for a few teams and it has only been a couple days since Leon Morgan was on the site. I think that now is the time to move him and he could come back to be a successful Cornerback. I think that you could definitely get a Draft pick for this guy in the top 2/3 rounds of this draft. I think that this guy could definitely be an upgrade for teams, so trading him first while he is still active would be beneficial for the player as well as the team. This draft looks pretty deep, so it is time to look to that to rebuild this team.

Trade WR Stormblessed
This guy would have a huge market on the trade block, so that is why I chose this guy. I think you could get an awesome haul from this guy given the productivity of this guy. I think that getting multiple picks this draft as well as a replacement active player is not an unrealistic package for someone of this stature. I mean, look at teams that would be gunning for a guy like this. If there is a way to speed up your rebuilding, it would be to make a move like that. You NEED to hit on your draft picks if you move a guy like this. I feel like building around some of the other pieces would be important to build out a proper roster. Trade him, get a haul, and turn this team around.

Trade LB Tyler Varga
I know he is the GM, but that LB could have a huge market as well. I think you could absolutely get a lot from this guy given the fact that some teams will be looking to bolster their defense. Varga can come in and immediately impact your defense. Say he doesn't even come back (which I think he will), you will still get a 261+ TPE guy early on in his career. You get a guy who can be an immediate impact for a winning team. You can easily get a first round + for him. I'd do it, why wouldn't you?

Trade CB Stanislaw Maddox
Similar to the reasoning that I would move Leon Morgan, I would move Stanislaw Maddox. You could definitely get a draft pick or more that would mean an active player (hopefully). You trade a guy that would impact another team instantly for a guy that you would have to wait a bit, but would make a positive impact on the team. That is what this team needs. Trade Maddox, take draft picks and if you can get an active, that is awesome. I would do that in a minute.

Listen to offers on QB Josh Bercovici
I think that QB is a position that is key for any team. I would definitely listen to what teams have to offer for this guy. Now, if there is an offer that absolutely blows me away, I would make the deal. However, if not, I would definitely look to keep him. In order to build a successful team, you need to have a QB that is active and producing. I think with the Developmental League opening, it will create more opportunities for active QBs, so that could be the place to replace him. I am looking for a similar package, but listening to offers on this guy is not a bad idea at all.

Listen to offers for RB Ardie Savea
You have to listen to offers on one of your key players, don't you? I mean, this guy is someone I would try to build around, but if there was a crazy good offer, I would absolutely take it. I think the goal is to turn one piece into 3, which is why draft picks and actives is the key return. You won't be winning for a couple years more than likely, so build for that point. Turn him into 3 and be happy with the player. Now, if you do not get any good offers, keep him and be happy you have a great player.

Trade into First Round of S3 Draft
You have to trade into the First Round. Look at this draft, it looks like an extremely solid draft. You do not want to miss out on this one. The #1 pick is what I would be trying to see what it would take. That is the guy you want to build around. Trade for the top pick, pick Boggs, do not look back. I think that there has to be a price that would get you that #1 pick, you have to listen. I would be on the phone with Arizona every day leading up to the draft. I would contact every single team to see what they are interested in. This is your chance for a quick rebuild. Take it.

Make Thaddeus Bullard, Alexandre LeClair, Mark Ramrio, and Vinny Cox untouchable
I am a huge fan of these guys which is why I would keep them off the market. I think that with the pieces moving, you need vets in the locker room to rely on keeping everything moving the right way and keeping everyone active. These would be the people to do it.

Thank you for reading Bayley for GM, hopefully, I will get to put this in action with my own team eventually![/div]
Quote:Words: 1,005

Graded
Payout=$1,605,000

*If I were Legion GM... - tlk742 - 09-01-2017

A good writeup. Doing one for every team or just LVL?

*If I were Legion GM... - Bayley - 09-01-2017

(09-01-2017, 05:55 PM)tlk742 Wrote:A good writeup. Doing one for every team or just LVL?
I could do every team. They just stood out to me first. Actually, this may be a fun series to do. Good idea!

*If I were Legion GM... - tlk742 - 09-01-2017

(09-01-2017, 06:20 PM)BayleyIsland Wrote:I could do every team. They just stood out to me first. Actually, this may be a fun series to do. Good idea!
Thanks. I'm just here to help.

*If I were Legion GM... - Anti-Hype - 09-01-2017

Great read, I think some of these moves are necessary for sure.

*If I were Legion GM... - kckolbe - 09-01-2017

(09-01-2017, 04:20 PM)BayleyIsland Wrote:I could do every team. They just stood out to me first. Actually, this may be a fun series to do. Good idea!

I'd be damn interested in seeing this as a series.

*If I were Legion GM... - Silver Fox - 09-01-2017

The smart play here is to blow it all up for S4 and S5 picks, and as the S1 teams wind down from retirement 8 seasons from now, Legion would be poised to be the dominant team for 3-4 seasons.

*If I were Legion GM... - adam2552 - 09-01-2017

(09-01-2017, 07:36 PM)Silver Fox Wrote:The smart play here is to blow it all up for S4 and S5 picks, and as the S1 teams wind down from retirement 8 seasons from now, Legion would be poised to be the dominant team for 3-4 seasons.

The good old 8 year plan!

*If I were Legion GM... - Ben - 09-01-2017

(09-02-2017, 11:36 AM)Silver Fox Wrote:The smart play here is to blow it all up for S4 and S5 picks, and as the S1 teams wind down from retirement 8 seasons from now, Legion would be poised to be the dominant team for 3-4 seasons.

Why 8 years specifically? I haven't really looked into regression that much so are you going off that or is there something I'm missing?

*If I were Legion GM... - kckolbe - 09-01-2017

(09-01-2017, 04:42 PM)adam2552 Wrote:The good old 8 year plan!

[Image: CrNNND0XYAAk0Li.jpg]