International Simulation Football League
*If I were Hawks GM... - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *If I were Hawks GM... (/showthread.php?tid=4014)

*If I were Hawks GM... - Bayley - 09-01-2017

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]I didn't think this would be popular as I was just having fun writing about what I'd do as General Manager of the Legion, but people were reading and commenting. I am a man of the people, so it's time for Volume 2 of the series. This one is not as obvious, so I will have to do a little more research, but that is the fun of it. Here we go with the Hawks.

Find out how to win on the road
Do teams forget how to play when they play on the road? I think there needs to be some research or something done to figure out how to win on the road. Literally, the only team that had any success on the road was that of the Outlaws. If I am the Hawks GM, I am looking into the sim to see if there is any setting for road difficulty or anything to do with winning on the road. I mean, 1-6 as the top seed in the NSFC, you have to be kidding me. Look for a way to win on the road and don't share it with anyone else. If you can win on the road, you are surely to win your conference.

Trade WR John Baker
Why would I trade Baker? Because you need help on defense. Look at how many points you gave up, you need help on defense and fast. You can afford to give up a guy that only caught 36 balls for your team last year. Find a team with an excess of Safeties or Corners or even someone on the line and make an offer. I think I would look to build my defense on people with high speed and tackling to avoid what happened this year. I mean, hell, you gave up more points than you scored. If you want to repeat as Champions and go to the Championship game, you sure as hell cannot have this happen again. Move this guy, I would even consider moving one of my better WR in order to get a better Safety. I think that scheme needs a lot of work, but John Baker would be most available. This draft has a decent amount of defense, so that may even be an option for that guy.

Trade DE Owen Taylor
Yeah, I know, I just harped on their defense. 5 Sacks from a guy that is supposed to be an impact player just does not do it for me. I mean, hell, you played the Legion twice, you couldn't get a couple of sacks in that game? I am sorry, but the defense needs a lot of work and my eyes would be on you. You have high upside, but right now you are not worth it for what you will ask in a couple years. Now, you do have some time to turn this around, but a lot of the defense points came from the fact that there was no pressure against the QB. You ranked right in the middle of the pack for defense yards, but it was just not impressive for me. You need more from this guy. If I do not get more from him, I am looking for someone to replace that can give me more.

Trade #7 Pick
Trade this pick for a player to help now. You're honestly only a couple pieces from winning. Why would you not move pieces for pieces to help win now? I think you mortgage a first round pick in which has very high value right now and bring in a defensive piece to help your system. I do not see any pieces on defense that would honestly be of good use to helping you win in the draft. Dangle this pick and see if there are any biters. Maybe pair it with Baker and see what that will net you. I really think it's the defense that is lacking as your offense will put it together. 268 Points For is reasonable, but giving up 270 is not. Look at what the Outlaws and Yeti did for defense and go from there. Move this pick and go for the win. You won't be only 1-2 pieces short very often. Do it, move the pick, you won't miss out.

Listen to Offers on QB Scrub Kyubee
This is another guy that really just was probably one of the reasons that you lost. I just think that his offensive performance during the Regular Season and Championship game was not good enough. Throwing more INT than TDs plus only having 3,181 yards. I mean, there were 3 people who had more than you, but you made it to the Championship Game. You have to be better than when it matters. I'd go to the Wraiths and Otters and see what they want for their QB. I mean, the worst thing that happens is that they say go away, not available. I would even reach out to Arizona and see what Bronko would cost. Don't move him for rebuild, but do try to upgrade on him. Win now, remember?

Trade for people that can tackle
22 less tackles than any other team in the league. I mean, I would think that's good except you are right in the middle of the pack in Pass Deflections and 3rd in Interceptions. You are also last in Tackles for Loss. You need to find people that will tackle and tackle people behind the line. This could also be scheme things to work on, but you need to find people that will fit in your scheme. That is half the battle. I would trade anyone that doesn't fix this. There was quite a difference between the top team and last team in Tackles. Sorry, Baltimore, this is probably why you gave up more points than you scored.

Trade for an actual Safety
I think one of the reasons in which tackling was bad was because of the fact that there was no legit safety. I was looking through a few of the games, and in the 14 weeks, I found 4 examples of why having a Safety over the top would have helped. I think these are just TD examples of why you need to stop that big play. This was not even going through all of the boxes to find big plays. You need to find a coverage Safety.
Quote:Bailey Cook 32 yd pass from Ethan Hunt. (Kentillan Laces kick)
None Stormblessed 23 yd pass from Josh Bercovici. (Iyah Blewitt XP no good)
Mayran Jackson 19 yd pass from King Bronko. (Cristiano Ronaldo kick)
DJ Law 28 yd pass from Logan Noble. (Bojo Kicksit kick)

Do not trade RB Darlane Farlane
If someone comes to you about Farlane tell them that you won't move them unless you get a lot. This guy was far and away the most yards of a RB. Probably awesome since I saw the amount of Pick 6 that Kyubee threw. I mean, this guy was averaging 3.4 on every carry and even had 5 TD. You build around this guy and you build your offense around this guy. Do not be silly and move him, move other pieces, keep him. [/div]
Quote:Words; 1,210

Graded
Payout=$1,810,000

*If I were Hawks GM... - Daybe - 09-01-2017

(09-01-2017, 04:02 PM)BayleyIsland Wrote:Trade DE Owen Taylor
Yeah, I know, I just harped on their defense. 5 Sacks from a guy that is supposed to be an impact player just does not do it for me. I mean, hell, you played the Legion twice, you couldn't get a couple of sacks in that game? I am sorry, but the defense needs a lot of work and my eyes would be on you. You have high upside, but right now you are not worth it for what you will ask in a couple years. Now, you do have some time to turn this around, but a lot of the defense points came from the fact that there was no pressure against the QB. You ranked right in the middle of the pack for defense yards, but it was just not impressive for me. You need more from this guy. If I do not get more from him, I am looking for someone to replace that can give me more.

It would make no sense to trade Taylor. He's a great TPE earner, he's active, and what most people forget to realize, most of these guys are sophomores and rookies. young players are going to have growing pains

*If I were Hawks GM... - kckolbe - 09-01-2017

(09-01-2017, 05:09 PM)Daybe Wrote:It would make no sense to trade Taylor. He's a great TPE earner, he's active, and what most people forget to realize, most of these guys are sophomores and rookies. young players are going to have growing pains

Oh god. I just realized he's going to recommend I be traded.

*If I were Hawks GM... - Bayley - 09-01-2017

(09-01-2017, 07:09 PM)Daybe Wrote:It would make no sense to trade Taylor. He's a great TPE earner, he's active, and what most people forget to realize, most of these guys are sophomores and rookies. young players are going to have growing pains
Without questionable ones, it wouldn't be fun too read :lol: . I had to find an active that would make sense to move. It was hard enough finding something to say about the NSFC Champions.

*If I were Hawks GM... - manicmav36 - 09-01-2017

(09-01-2017, 07:09 PM)Daybe Wrote:It would make no sense to trade Taylor. He's a great TPE earner, he's active, and what most people forget to realize, most of these guys are sophomores and rookies. young players are going to have growing pains

This guy... I like this guy.

*If I were Hawks GM... - Silver Fox - 09-01-2017

(09-01-2017, 06:10 PM)kckolbe Wrote:Oh god.  I just realized he's going to recommend I be traded.
Kevin Cushing to DSFL confirmed?