International Simulation Football League
nya~ - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: nya~ (/showthread.php?tid=40147)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

nya~ - Jiggly_333 - 06-26-2022

There's a certain perception of "anime catgirls."

Due to the nature of the ISFL, there have been plenty of non-human stars and legends in the league, including some catgirls (just gonna assume, though I know for a fact there has been at least one catboy). Usually, the concept of catgirls goes as far as the ears and tail being cute and that's kinda it. A lot of weebs imagine catgirls as somehow being loyal or subservient to their "mya-ster."

I want you to look at a real life cat. Actually watch and study the cat. What does it do? How does it act? How does it respond to the person who feeds it? Cats do not give a shit who you are and assume that they are the highest being on the planet and should be worshiped as such. Some cats develop an attachment to their owner, but even that is only done so by the cat's own whims. So why are anime catgirls loved so much? Why are they portrayed in such a way?

Enter Anya Nekomura.

[Image: 40488-1865964209.jpg]

Currently standing at 5'3", her height doesn't matter. Her anything doesn't matter, after all. She's a Bakeneko, a yokai from Japan that has ascended from simply being a cat and become a monster. The traits of a bakeneko are hard to really pin down, but Anya herself has actually possessed this current body that she has. Nothing is known about the girl who this once was and it's a shame that it appears her soul has been completely rendered. Like a reformatted hard drive, it appears that she's been completely rewritten by the spirit. Or maybe the two have fused. After all, she still has a name.

What's more interesting to point out is that she is currently so short. She is not like that on the field. One of the other traits of the bakeneko is the ability to change shape. She could return back down to the shape of a cat if she wants, much like how she can morph up into the size and strength of a defensive end. Her preferred shape to take is this one, a seductive young woman. This comes from the common use of bakeneko characters in Edo-period stories about red-light districts. It's also why it's a bit hard to give good photos of her that I can use around here, as she doesn't really like clothing in general. She views it as "restrictive" and prefers to wear as little clothing as possible.

[Image: 6eb346aea54b27705ed35bda0e07b4d8.png]

So, why is Anya playing football? Because she wants to.

Anya, or the yokai possessing Anya, has lived for a long time and hasn't had much fun recently. So, she's decided on a whim to play football. She's chosen the position of defensive end because she much prefers attacking and pouncing on the quarterback instead of having to carry a ball around herself. She has speed, reflexes, and unhuman strength. She has an almost unlimited potential in this league. But, there is a problem. A very big problem. One that I brought up much earlier.

Anya is still a cat.

[Image: ff9.gif]

She does not give a single fuck.

Cats very clearly do their own thing. They do not follow orders, they do not go where you want them to go, and they can lash out at any moment. Or, they can simply do nothing. Anya is incredibly volatile and lives only by her own will. One play she may be the greatest player to ever play at the position. The next, she might be distracted by something shiny. Or, more concerning, she might just kill someone because she thinks it'd be fun. She controls whether she cares or not and you will just have to hope that she cares. Or, maybe you can give her reasons to care. I mean, cats like you when you give them food and love often enough.

How do you get Anya Nyakamura to care? Beats me. But, if given the chance, this unhinged yokai might surprise everyone. Or kill them. Or just walk away without making a single sound. Maybe she'll play other sports too. But for now, this is where she's at. For as long as she wants to be here.

[Image: E515067C-B57F-41F8-A944-2A0F32CE3090.gif]

RE: nya~ - Frostbite - 06-26-2022

Bro what

RE: nya~ - Sebster - 06-26-2022

whyareyouthewaythatyouare.jpg

RE: nya~ - LB3737 - 06-26-2022

(06-26-2022, 03:16 PM)Frostbite Wrote: Bro what
Did you not read it? It said;
There's a certain perception of "anime catgirls."

Due to the nature of the ISFL, there have been plenty of non-human stars and legends in the league, including some catgirls (just gonna assume, though I know for a fact there has been at least one catboy). Usually, the concept of catgirls goes as far as the ears and tail being cute and that's kinda it. A lot of weebs imagine catgirls as somehow being loyal or subservient to their "mya-ster."

I want you to look at a real life cat. Actually watch and study the cat. What does it do? How does it act? How does it respond to the person who feeds it? Cats do not give a shit who you are and assume that they are the highest being on the planet and should be worshiped as such. Some cats develop an attachment to their owner, but even that is only done so by the cat's own whims. So why are anime catgirls loved so much? Why are they portrayed in such a way?

Enter Anya Nekomura.

[Image: 40488-1865964209.jpg]

Currently standing at 5'3", her height doesn't matter. Her anything doesn't matter, after all. She's a Bakeneko, a yokai from Japan that has ascended from simply being a cat and become a monster. The traits of a bakeneko are hard to really pin down, but Anya herself has actually possessed this current body that she has. Nothing is known about the girl who this once was and it's a shame that it appears her soul has been completely rendered. Like a reformatted hard drive, it appears that she's been completely rewritten by the spirit. Or maybe the two have fused. After all, she still has a name.

What's more interesting to point out is that she is currently so short. She is not like that on the field. One of the other traits of the bakeneko is the ability to change shape. She could return back down to the shape of a cat if she wants, much like how she can morph up into the size and strength of a defensive end. Her preferred shape to take is this one, a seductive young woman. This comes from the common use of bakeneko characters in Edo-period stories about red-light districts. It's also why it's a bit hard to give good photos of her that I can use around here, as she doesn't really like clothing in general. She views it as "restrictive" and prefers to wear as little clothing as possible.

[Image: 6eb346aea54b27705ed35bda0e07b4d8.png]

So, why is Anya playing football? Because she wants to.

Anya, or the yokai possessing Anya, has lived for a long time and hasn't had much fun recently. So, she's decided on a whim to play football. She's chosen the position of defensive end because she much prefers attacking and pouncing on the quarterback instead of having to carry a ball around herself. She has speed, reflexes, and unhuman strength. She has an almost unlimited potential in this league. But, there is a problem. A very big problem. One that I brought up much earlier.

Anya is still a cat.

[Image: ff9.gif]

She does not give a single fuck.

Cats very clearly do their own thing. They do not follow orders, they do not go where you want them to go, and they can lash out at any moment. Or, they can simply do nothing. Anya is incredibly volatile and lives only by her own will. One play she may be the greatest player to ever play at the position. The next, she might be distracted by something shiny. Or, more concerning, she might just kill someone because she thinks it'd be fun. She controls whether she cares or not and you will just have to hope that she cares. Or, maybe you can give her reasons to care. I mean, cats like you when you give them food and love often enough.

How do you get Anya Nyakamura to care? Beats me. But, if given the chance, this unhinged yokai might surprise everyone. Or kill them. Or just walk away without making a single sound. Maybe she'll play other sports too. But for now, this is where she's at. For as long as she wants to be here.

[Image: E515067C-B57F-41F8-A944-2A0F32CE3090.gif]

RE: nya~ - Nathan - 06-26-2022

This is haram brother

RE: nya~ - xenosthelegend - 06-26-2022

[Image: unknown.png]

RE: nya~ - DeadlyPlayer - 06-26-2022

You were so preoccupied with if you could, you didn't stop to think if you should.

RE: nya~ - negs - 06-26-2022

So if she kills someone what does that go on the stat sheet as a tackle?

RE: nya~ - Chucky - 06-26-2022

(06-26-2022, 03:26 PM)xenosthelegend Wrote: [Image: unknown.png]
The drama team has assembled

RE: nya~ - Jiggly_333 - 06-26-2022

(06-26-2022, 03:31 PM)negs Wrote: So if she kills someone what does that go on the stat sheet as a tackle?
Forced fumble, I think.
Seeing as the other player has lost their life, much like one would lose the football.