International Simulation Football League
*Anthony Stark Miffed Over Team Captain Voting - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Anthony Stark Miffed Over Team Captain Voting (/showthread.php?tid=40170)

*Anthony Stark Miffed Over Team Captain Voting - TeyonSchavari - 06-27-2022

*Disclaimer: the words of Anthony Stark are in-character, not a reflection of TeyonSchavari's feelings*

Early Sunday afternoon, the Colorado Yeti announced their team captains for the upcoming season, resulting from a team-wide vote of current Yeti players. Second year player Eeeeeeee Phensta will lead the offense on gamedays while rookie 1st overall pick Graham Harper helms the defensive leadership duties.

The Yeti have had quite the infusion of youth to their squad as their rebuild is in full swing, yet even still many are surprised that Harper was named captain by his fellow teammates so quickly after joining the team. After speaking to Yeti veterans, it became more clear how he was able to win the defensive voting.

Jason Waterfalls had this to say about Harper: "I've been a part of this team for a long time now, and when things took a downturn it was hard to keep spirits high. As soon as Harper came to our facilities, he brought a positive energy to the team that we've been missing. We're going to need that energy to turn it around in the coming seasons."

Emperor de Pengu added: "Graham Harper just oozes leadership qualities that made it hard not to vote him as our captain. He's going to be a key part of this defense for years to come."

However, not all of Harper's teammates were pleased with the results of the vote. Anthony Stark took to social media with a poorly cropped screenshot of an iPhone notepad:

"Graham Harper is captain of the team and I will accept that. I personally did not vote for Harper, and I know people will question that. I need to see performance professionally before crowning anybody with a title with such a profound meaning. As majority owner and CEO of Stark Industries I would not promote a new hire with no prior experience to a management role. They need to prove themselves first and this is no different. Harper and I play in the same position, and as the more experienced of us, with prior leadership roles, I thought it was clear that I was the logical choice, actually. It appears I overestimated my teammates intelligence. My fault, I should have known better. Not worried though, I will prove that I am the true leader of our defense this season."

Stark's statement went viral almost immediately. Pundits and talking heads are currently speculating on if there is a rift within the team following Stark's comments. We reached out to Stark to clarify his position:

"Are you asking if I regret my statements? Not at all. I regret the way I worded them. I meant no disrespect. What I said was in the heat of the moment, I had just found out and I will admit, I had a few martinis in me. Perhaps it was more harsh than was necessary. I've never been in a position where I wasn't put in charge, so this was a new feeling for me.

I've since spoken to Harper. We've talked it out and are on good terms as none of it was directed at him personally. I'd like to apologize to the rest of my team for insulting their intelligence. I crossed a line there. We're going to be fine. The Yeti are going to play united, always."

Can the public trust Stark's word? Or is trouble brewing in Colorado? As the season progresses, the Yeti locker room and its potential fractures will be a focus of the mainstream media.

RE: Anthony Stark Miffed Over Team Captain Voting - DREAMSLOTH - 06-27-2022

[Image: EYw7V2CXQAQc6PH?format=jpg&name=900x900]

RE: Anthony Stark Miffed Over Team Captain Voting - Jaywe88 - 06-28-2022

Controversy in the Yeti LR. Stark trade rumors bubbling

RE: Anthony Stark Miffed Over Team Captain Voting - g2019 - 06-28-2022

cAuSe FoR cOnCeRn

RE: *Anthony Stark Miffed Over Team Captain Voting - ScorpXCracker - 06-30-2022

personally i think i was snubbed but thats just me

if im still on the yeti