International Simulation Football League
*Blazing Interview Series: GreenbayNathan - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Blazing Interview Series: GreenbayNathan (/showthread.php?tid=40180)

*Blazing Interview Series: GreenbayNathan - WildfireMicro - 06-28-2022

Me: Hey guys and gals and everything in between WildfireMicro here and welcome back to Blazing! This is the interview series where I interview members of the league to learn more about them as a user overall. 

This time, my guest is @Greenbaynathan! How are you doing buddy?

Greenbay: I'm doing good

Me: That is good, how was your weekend?

Greenbay: My weekend has been very good

Me: Nice. I actually went to the zoo today, so my day has been fantastic

Greenbay: that sounds cool

Me: It was. I got really damn close to a small kangaroo so that was cool

Greenbay: Nice 

Me: Now, how did you find the league when you did?

Greenbay: I was scrolling through the green bay packers reddit late at night and saw a recruitment ad, i decided to check it out, it seemed kinda cool, but i wasnt fully immersed until i was first scouted by the seawolves and they invited me into their locker room, there i met my first friends of the league, set record highs in the jeopardy bot(738K and growing), and truley fell in love with simulation sports.

Me: Geez, you must be extremely good at trivia

Greenbay: That I am

Me: Is ISFL your only league?

Greenbay: no i am in a couple smaller sim leagues taht are more casual including being a GM in a madden sim league, but ISFL is the only one of the "Big ones" that i am currently active in( I had a PBE guy who went IA pretty quickly due to school and not being a priority).

Me: I see. That is very understandable. Who was the inspiration for your player?

Greenbay: My ISFL player is a LB who i would best compare to an early career Brian urlacher, a primaraly off-ball linebacker who still has a decent amount of pass rushing ability and is an overall playmaker on the field

Me: Kind of ironic that a Packers fan based a player off a Bears player

Greenbay: yeah urlacher wasn't really my vision when I created, but as I got better I realized that was the role I wanted to be in and figured out that urlacher was the best for a comparison.

Me: I am a Cincinnati Bengals and Reds fan, and once in WSBL Championship Week I wrote about a potential Pittsburgh team and I called them the Pittsburgh Temper

Greenbay: Cool

Me: Temper as in the Tempering of steel and the Temperament of Pittsburgh fans. I stole it from a message board I will admit

Greenbay: nice double meaning, didnt even think of that.

Me: Yeah. Ever had an idea for an expansion team, maybe one in Wisconsin?

Greenbay: I have never really thought much about expansion teams, but given a little time could maybe come up with some good ones

Me: Honestly with Yellowkinfe in such a small town, it may be the closest to Green Bay that we have in the ISFL

Greenbay: yeah, that honestly makes sense as a comparison

Me: How has Philadelphia been treating you?

Greenbay: really good, everyone is friendly and everything, my players doing a lot better than I ever expected, and playing under the same GM I had in the dsfl always helps

Me: Were you part of any of those 3 recent Norfolk championship teams?

Greenbay: i was a team captain and defensive star who set multiple DSFL records for the first two and a significant member of the war room for the drafts that built the most recent one

Me: Damn nice. The Norfolk S35 draft might be one of the best drafts in DSFL history

Greenbay: yeah, i could agree with that

Me: I mean top to bottom the whole draft is full of future studs and the #1 pick in the ISFL draft

Greenbay: yeah it is certainly a memorable one

Me: I did manage to get 8 tackles in my regular season ISFL debut so I got that going for me

Greenbay: yeah, thats a pretty solid start 

Me: I guess I am trying to build McPherson as an all-around linebacker as well

Greenbay: makes sense

Me: That pick vs the Luchadores was one of my happiest sim moments

Greenbay: i can imagine

Me: I just hope that I can continue to get better as I go along

Greenbay: isnt that what we all hope, improvment no matter how small is always good

Me: Definitely. Do you have any aspirations of being a GM?

Greenbay: no, I am perfectly fine where i am being a war room/ front office guy and the current Norfolk awards rep(unsure how this will change with the awards changes) because it gives me some amount of impact and importance, but isn't an overwhelming workload for me.

Me: gotcha. I'm applying for Co-GM in SHL, but I don't know if I'll get it until the first 

Greenbay: ah, thats cool.

Me: I basically think I'll be better as a co-gm rather than a full GM. Because I don't like the idea of testing

Greenbay: I would consider going into co- GMing, but at the time being, with college applications, marching band and many other things soon on the horizon, its not in the cards for me right now, that is not to say that I am ruling out the idea, and im kinda with you on the testing thing, as much as I like my sports stats and analytics, im not sure how i would feel about obsessivly running a video game season/game over and over again.

Me: I understand. Well thanks for talking with me, this was a fun interview!

Greenbay: you are most certainly welcome 

Well this was definitely a good interview to do! DM me if you want to do an interview, and I hope to see you all on the field!

Code:
Split the money between us, ok?