International Simulation Football League
*ISDFFL is here, fellas - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *ISDFFL is here, fellas (/showthread.php?tid=40321)

*ISDFFL is here, fellas - Jaywe88 - 07-14-2022

Another week of ISDFFL is in the books and Penne is looking unbeatable in the league standings, can anyone hope to catch up?

What’s ISDFFL, what do you mean another week, what?

Good morning, football nerds. The first season of the International Simulation Dynasty Fantasy Football League is halfway through and a select few groups of volunteers have shown themselves to be our fantasy hopefuls for this first season. Our commissioner, creator, and overall human being, Dominic FFL @domffl started this league about a few weeks ago. Similarly to regular fantasy football, each season will have its highs and its low. But there’s always next season in fantasy football.

Dynasty is different in the worse best ways. Once you’ve drafted, this is your team. For like ever. Make sure you draft a healthy dose of league studs and inspiring rookies or else you’ll find yourself plummeting to the bottom of the rankings every season. Unlike IRL dynasty, ISFL has the added benefit of short 45ish day seasons so the pain isn’t as eternal!

So if you didn’t know, now you do. If you did know, call me long-winded but I’m writing this for money after all!

STANDINGS:

So, Penne is first??? Yep, here’s the fantasy standings this far:

[Image: dMl5X4B.jpg]

Penne is in first by a bit, followed slowly by Trempale and PurpleReign. The first two names have a dominant lead over their groups largely in part to the dominant fantasy celestial body that is Jay Cue Jr while Purp just has a really strong team. Purple’s team is the only one of the three that doesn’t have Jay Cue Jr, but makes up for it with a well-rounded roster with a strong RB core and good picks.

Notably, there are win-now teams as well as rookie-based ones. Two different dynasty philosophies. I’d describe all three of our leaders as good win-now lineups (with Penne kinda set for the future the best  as well tbh). But even their team has nice rookies on the bench. It’ll be interesting to see how rookie-based teams fare in the future (you know who you are).

TRADES:

It’s trading season and the league is gonna catch on fire! Week 9 was our lovely trade deadline for any team trying to switch it up and go for the big bucks. I started writing this after week 8 and so far, we have one blockbuster trade!

Penne
@Pvtpenne
Sends:
S37 Round 1
Elessar Jones

IceBear
@IceBear32
Sends:
Malcolm Savage

Opinion: It’s easy for me to say this is a head-scratcher when I can look at their season performances thus far. If you haven’t looked, it’s about the same but Savage is much older and facing regression soon here. They accomplish the same goal, though one is a rushing weapon of the future-future.

Numbers
Man I don’t know your tag lol
Receives:
Buffalo Hunter
S37 2nd
S37 3rd

Sloth
@DREAMSLOTH
Recieves:
Ttollem Mada
S37 1st
S37 2nd

Opinion: I really got nothing on this trade but Sloth gets some high draft picks next year so I think he wins this? Buffalo is at RB now for HON after Kai retired and I can’t tell you the first thing about Ttollem Mada. Stay tuned on this one to see if it plays out.

EDIT: I’m told Ttollem Mada is a S35 WR and also my NOLA GM. My punishments will be swift and painless. Upon discovering this, this is a slam dunk trade for DreamSloth as he focuses more on that good rookie energy.

Shenanigans:

This is a section where I write about the sexy gossip and slander I see in the league. To be honest, not much yet if you don’t count members bullying Dom to make aesthetic changes to their rosters. Yeah, here’s some fun anonymous messages I went through on a quick skim.

“I hope the penne industry crashes and burns”

“I prefer Farfelle”

“Dom, switch my RB1 and RB2” (Dom didn’t do this)

“JQJ - who has ever done that before wtf” (in reference to someone calling Jay Cue Jr JQJ)

“sloth sux” (Gottem)

As always, I will not be answering any further questions. If this seems like something you’re interested in, hit up @domffl for more info.

RE: ISDFFL is here, fellas - slothfacekilla - 07-14-2022

whoa whoa whoa which sloth are we talking here

this is really cool!

RE: ISDFFL is here, fellas - TubaDeus - 07-14-2022

Hey now, Trempale does not have a dominant lead in League 3. Cue is only barely carrying him above me. Yes, I'm salty, why do you ask?

RE: ISDFFL is here, fellas - domffl - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 10:27 AM)Jaywe88 Wrote: overall human being
What is an overall human being

RE: ISDFFL is here, fellas - 124715 - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 10:45 AM)domffl Wrote:
(07-14-2022, 10:27 AM)Jaywe88 Wrote: overall human being
What is an overall human being
you evidently

RE: ISDFFL is here, fellas - DREAMSLOTH - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 10:33 AM)slothfacekilla Wrote: whoa whoa whoa which sloth are we talking here

this is really cool!

the one getting ravaged in dynasty. don't worry, it can only be one of us and I'm pretty sure it's not you.

RE: ISDFFL is here, fellas - Pvtpenne - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 10:27 AM)Jaywe88 Wrote: Penne
@Pvtpenne
Sends:
S37 Round 1
Elessar Jones

IceBear
@IceBear32
Sends:
Malcolm Savage

Opinion: It’s easy for me to say this is a head-scratcher when I can look at their season performances thus far. If you haven’t looked, it’s about the same but Savage is much older and facing regression soon here. They accomplish the same goal, though one is a rushing weapon of the future-future.

Grading a pre-season trade with 20/20 hindsight smh

RE: ISDFFL is here, fellas - Trempale - 07-14-2022

(07-14-2022, 10:44 AM)TubaDeus Wrote: Hey now, Trempale does not have a dominant lead in League 3. Cue is only barely carrying him above me. Yes, I'm salty, why do you ask?
Mad cuz bad

RE: ISDFFL is here, fellas - Opera_Phantom - 07-14-2022

JQJ!!!