International Simulation Football League
*DSFL Power rankings after first half of season - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *DSFL Power rankings after first half of season (/showthread.php?tid=40340)

*DSFL Power rankings after first half of season - Ulaire - 07-17-2022

After first half of a season comes a nice time to asses DSFL teams. Last season some smart people did a nice collaborative job for it, but this season I decided to do it all by myself (cause it brings more money). I'm not that smart and can be a bit biased, but whatever. I've tried to make some conclusions from stats available, but not really sure that I did it right way.

Tier 1 – League favorites

1 -  TIJ  Tijuana Luchadores 
If anyone expected Tijuana to be worse than last season, or season before it, they are up for disappointment. They have best defense and offense in terms of points. They are undefeated. Their rookie quarterback is leading the league in TDs and passer rating, and Don Dobbler is dobbling on opponents secondaries tied with his teammate for first in league in TDs. So you got the drift, Tijuana is bound for playoffs. Are they bound for another playoffs disappointment? That remains to be seen.

2 - POR  Portland Pythons
Strangling defense is supposed to be the strength of Pythons. After all, stacked defense lost only two players to call ups, but added nicely in the draft, and former QB switched to DE. And it shows – sneks lead the league in sacks, ints and defensive TDs, while allowing second least yards. What's more surprising is the offense, that has rookie QB and inactive RB instead of last season RBotY Jarvis Harbinger-Margin lost to callup. This offense is second in points scored, with inactive RB leading the league in TDs. But their offensive yardage is just 7th in the league. I couldn’t find the average field position for teams, but I suspect that this is great defense translating to offensive success.

Tier 2 – Playoff hopefuls
After two clear league leaders the waters become murkier and we have 4 teams that are pretty close (and Kansas)

3 - MIN  Minnesota Grey Ducks
Out of all playoff hopefuls Ducks seem the most promising ones so far – they won against all their counterparts except Norfolk, they have slightly better record and great defense. Their biggest problem is their running offense AND defense – Ducks are dead last in the league in offensive rush yardage. Teams that can successfully stop their passing game and move the ball will be Minny's problem.

4 - NOR  Norfolk Seawolves
I really wanted to put Bondi Beach here, cause I like their branding. But Seawolves won the duel against Buccaneers, and are in more favorable position in the conference. While their great last seasons defense stayed pretty good current champions have a glaring issue on offense, with only Dallas scoring less points then them. If they can fix their issues or get some more sim luck they can upset Tijuana in playoffs again.

5 - BBB  Bondi Beach Buccaneers
Leagues best rushing offense and worst passing offense results in a not very good offense overall – DSFL seems to favors passing offense more, who could have guessed. Maybe Bageshwari Singh wasn’t a problem last season. Buccaneers are in a playoff drought since S28 and if they hope to break it, they probably should trust their new QB a bit more.

6 - LON  London Royals
I cant say much about Royals tbh. Lenny Lyons is still good, and they have great safety duo, but apparently its not enough. Can they still get to playoffs? Yes. Will they do much there? Probably not. I have the same mixed feelings about this team that I have about pigl, so I guess if you are pigl lover you should believe in them, otherwise not so much.

7 - KCC  Kansas City Coyotes
I like Kansas, cause they were my first DSFL team. But the bold strategy of playing without active players on defense didn’t payoff so far. Most of the time Coyotes are loosing in offensive shootouts. Their biggest problem is their worst defense in the league – even worse than winless Dallas! Their second big problem is that they pick up offensive yardage easily (first in the league) but that doesn’t translate in points that well. Despite Dusty Wilson leading the league in pancakes Queen Elizabeth takes twice as much sacks as most other QBs, except for Dallas duo that took the same amount together. 30 sacks in 7 games is too much for such old lady.

Tier 3 – Sorry about you

8 -  DAL  Dallas Birddogs
I have no bad feelings towards Dallas but when you are the only winless team in the league you are in a tier of your own. I'm to lazy to calculate if they are out of playoffs mathematically, but their chances are not great. Two QBs system just doesn’t seem to work, as they scored only 13 points per game. Defense is also bad. The most interesting question about Dallas is whether they can go winless through all the season. I did a deep research (clicked through all seasons in index) and only Norfolk in S19 managed to do it, and apparently it was a bot team. So I bet against it, and some suckers will become Dallas win(s).

Whether you liked this article or not, I'm probably gonna do another one, with playoff predictions after regular season end. Feel free to comment anyway.

RE: DSFL Power rankings after first half of season - High Stick King - 07-18-2022

Great article. You've over-valuing winning though. Dallas Birddogs #1.

RE: *DSFL Power rankings after first half of season - PDXBaller - 07-25-2022

Glad to see the Pythons doing well this season!