International Simulation Football League
(S36) PT 4 - Weather Delay - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S36) PT 4 - Weather Delay (/showthread.php?tid=40348)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

(S36) PT 4 - Weather Delay - GlimsTC - 07-18-2022

(S36) PT 4 – Weather Delay
Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 150 words. PT's may be submitted in another language, if you mention what language you are translating into, to make the job of the grader easier.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S35 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, July 24th, 2022 at 11:59 ET. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: In the ISFL, all games are played out in an environment where the weather is always perfect for game day. But what if teams needed to start dealing with the rain, wind, heat, or snow? For this PT, write about what sort of impact you think more realistic weather would have on the outcome of the season so far, if any.

Graphic Option: Create a graphic showcasing your player, the teams playing, and the sort of weather they have to deal with for the game. (For an example: a poster hyping up a “snow bowl”)

Affiliate claims from SHL and PBE and WSBL are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there. Make sure the week of the affiliate PT matches with the week of this point task.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please. If you have a non-full PT pass and would like to use it this week, make sure to post in the thread. No need to post in the thread if you have a full PT Pass.

If you have ideas for future PTs, visit the link below, and your idea may be used next week!!
https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=9205 - Submit Prompt Ideas here!

RE: (S36) PT 4 - Weather Delay - TheHammer43 - 07-18-2022

Well for myself I think weather is such an important thing in football. I come from Canada where the weather is...Well no one really knows. Hell I've seen it Snow in June sometimes. Playing in Dallas is definitely a big change for me, a regular sunny day in Ontario is like 21 degrees Celsius (69.8F) and it's like 40 Celsius in Dallas, I don't think I've ever been in that kind of heat before in my entire life. So going from Canada temperatures to American is definitely a huge change to get used to, if the ISFL had a snow bowl I think it could get really interesting, everything is WET and COLD. The ball get wet and hard to catch for receivers, your hands can get cold and make it hard to grasp anything or anyone, if you're not wearing proper gear such as compression sleeves or sleeves in general and your getting tackled or just so happen to clip someone with your arm, IT HURTS I DONT CARE WHO YOU ARE. 

I think introducing weather would be an interesting thing! I'm not sure that's exactly possible for us but it's a part of the game, we've all seen teams that are one hundred and ten percent supposed to win and win with ease, but an absolute down pour comes through it can really change the outcome of the game, If you're a pass heavy team and you're receivers cant hold on to the ball in the rain, you're in for a rough game.

Weather having an impact on the season so far? I think if where every player came into effect it would be a drastic change in the game, Like my fellow Canadians would not like playing in Dallas I can tell ya that for free. I don't like going outside when it's 21 Degrees let alone 40! It would weigh me down, and I'd probably get mad cramps. But if we games where it snowed in places like New York, I think the teams that play in Dallas would be at a disadvantage, Those teams who see snow are practicing in it, living there when it snows, knowing their game plan if it snows, and knowing what our weakness would be because of it. I think we'd have a win or two by now if weather was already a thing!

RE: (S36) PT 4 - Weather Delay - Pizza-faith - 07-18-2022

[Image: FcL5js8.gif]

RE: (S36) PT 4 - Weather Delay - AnUnoriginalGuy - 07-18-2022

Yknow, they don’t call me the Rainmaker for nothin. Y’all actually wanna know the background behind the nickname?

So, I’m at Penn State, it’s a pretty rainy day, and we’re losing by 5 to Rutgers, yeah? Coach comes up to me, he yells, “Derrick, please, for the love of god, we’re relying on you for this. Send it home!” So, the quarterback, Arch Manning, he goes and he throws a fucking bomb deep, maybe 35-ish yards? I catch it. The moment my fingers touch that ball, instant downpour. The rain pummeled those poor Rutgers cornerbacks, they couldn’t see shit. So I score, the whole damn crowd goes wild, end of sentence.

So, all this comes to mind, I’m saying yeah, weather games would add an element of surprise to this. Like…if it didn’t snow in Buffalo that one time, Indy goes to the playoffs. Since it did, Buffalo gets more of a home field advantage, and they go to the playoffs. That can be another thing - home teams can utilize the weather in their respective cities to fuck over the other teams. For example; in the DSFL, Minnesota is cold as hell, which might be trouble for cities like Dallas and my hometown Buccs. London rains 2 feet per year, which’ll spell bad news bears for cities that don’t really receive rain as often, like Tijuana. Likewise, Tijuana and Bondi Beach are very hot. This is an advantage for them against the colder cities (i.e. Minny).

Of course, the weather MAY affect the athletes. Say you have a quarterback from Orlando, where it’s as hot as a frying pan. You send him to Minnesota or Yellowknife, that poor child will freeze. Gotta condition him, make sure he’s all fine and dandy. This can lead into heat/cold temperatures in training centers for each team, to try and combat that.

All in all, I think weather would be dope. We’d probably sweep Minny with that.

RE: (S36) PT 4 - Weather Delay - High Stick King - 07-18-2022

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S36) PT 4 - Weather Delay - Opera_Phantom - 07-18-2022

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S36) PT 4 - Weather Delay - bechtudo - 07-18-2022

PBE affiliate
https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=26468&view=findpost&p=470247

RE: (S36) PT 4 - Weather Delay - WildfireMicro - 07-18-2022

Well Jack McPherson loves playing in the rain, having done it a lot during his time at Florida. But the rain might affect a lot of the running and cause a lot more fumbles, while heat might make teams have to invest more in portable fans, especially the teams in Tijuana and Arizona. Yellowkinfe especially would be affected by snow being in Canada, however I believe there are a lot of players on the Wraiths who would love to play in the snow, McPherson included. Wind might cause a lot more missed field goals, especially if the wind becomes extremely strong.

The London Royals might have to deal with wet weather a lot since the weather can be dreary in London, and teams near the beach like Norfolk, Sarasota, and Honolulu might have to deal with a lot of tropical storms. All in all, it is probably a good thing that we don't have to deal with the weather on gameday, as unrealistic as that is.

RE: (S36) PT 4 - Weather Delay - TwoSocks - 07-18-2022

Well, you’ve come to the right guy. As someone named Nate Winter, I love playing in the snow. Thankfully, I play in Minnesota, where snow is quite often. When it starts to snow I am a different person. My eyes begin to glow, and my theme music starts to play. Believe it or not, the snowflakes land in a formation on the ground that reads “WINTER IS COMING”. Hell, there are even shows and books based off of the monster I become when it snows. You know the Grinch? And his super strength to save the presents? Yep you guessed it, that was actually me. But with footballs. You may wonder, what about hot weather? Surely Winter becomes a terrible football player? Wrong. Winter in fact has a aura of cold around him that shields him from the sun. That way he can sweep Bondi Beach! If the ISFL does decide to bring in weather, you have been warned. Minnesota will win the Ultimini.

164 words

RE: (S36) PT 4 - Weather Delay - ZootTX - 07-18-2022

SHL affiliate PT