International Simulation Football League
(S36) PT 5 - Election Season - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S36) PT 5 - Election Season (/showthread.php?tid=40446)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

(S36) PT 5 - Election Season - GlimsTC - 07-25-2022

(S36) PT 5 – Election Season
Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 150 words. PT's may be submitted in another language, if you mention what language you are translating into, to make the job of the grader easier.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S35 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, July 31st, 2022 at 11:59 ET. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: With the playoffs right around the corner, every team is no doubt giving it their all to make that final push towards securing a spot and having a shot at playing in the big game. With this no doubt being such an important time for teams to keep focused, it clearly seems like the best time to hold a campaign for your team's next GM! For this PT, write about why you or your player would make for a fantastic GM and what they'd seek to accomplish as one. For current GMs, write a convincing pitch about why you or your GM character should remain GM. Feel free to be as serious or silly about this as you want!

Graphic Option: Create a graphic in the style of a campaign poster for yourself or your player's campaign to become GM of their team.

Affiliate claims from SHL and PBE and WSBL are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there. Make sure the week of the affiliate PT matches with the week of this point task.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please. If you have a non-full PT pass and would like to use it this week, make sure to post in the thread. No need to post in the thread if you have a full PT Pass.

If you have ideas for future PTs, visit the link below, and your idea may be used next week!!
https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=9205 - Submit Prompt Ideas here!

RE: (S36) PT 5 - Election Season - Opera_Phantom - 07-25-2022

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S36) PT 5 - Election Season - bechtudo - 07-25-2022

Being a GM of a Football team has already been my dream. My first goal as GM would be to go into the locker room and speak to the team. Making clear that football needs to be a team effort to be successful. Any cancer will be eliminated and the team spirit will go along with the new motto: " I give my all to my team!".

Next thing to take care of is to address my staff members to have also the same approach, no matter what. Traveling the country to find the next tool we need to be successful on the recruiting trail. Offense is great to have but Defense wins championships. This is our mindset finding the next members for our team. Holding camps for prospects and bring the heroes of our past to those camps holding classes with passionate speeches to convince the attending players they want to join our team.

155 words

RE: (S36) PT 5 - Election Season - High Stick King - 07-25-2022

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S36) PT 5 - Election Season - Raven - 07-25-2022

Code:
Written option: With the playoffs right around the corner, every team is no doubt giving it their all to make that final push towards securing a spot and having a shot at playing in the big game. With this no doubt being such an important time for teams to keep focused, it clearly seems like the best time to hold a campaign for your team's next GM! For this PT, write about why you or your player would make for a fantastic GM and what they'd seek to accomplish as one. For current GMs, write a convincing pitch about why you or your GM character should remain GM. Feel free to be as serious or silly about this as you want!

While the current Honolulu are among the finest gms in the league, having elevated the team to their most successful run in franchise history. It is not enough for Octavio Pérez. He believes the team can achieve so much more, with what is available to them. Being only the second best team in the league with a 10-3 record, is not yet where he wants to be. It has to be 13-0. Hell the season has to end 16-0. Heck, even more wins if he can manage it. Pérez has looked through the team and identified what changes need to be made. Octavio Pérez will go through the long and painful progess of cloning himself. Which in turn will give him a team full of Octavio Pérez's. Pérez is obviously already the best Wide Receiver ever, but he knows he can also play every other position at the same or an even higher skill level. Also having clones of himself would be perfect. Free think will be off, so every Pérez will be on the pitch with the same goals. Win the games, score the most points, do so for the least amount of money and work hard every day.

[200 words]

RE: (S36) PT 5 - Election Season - Caleb_H - 07-25-2022

I think I would make a fantastic GM because I get along very well with locker room members. Always being able to communicate with others is a big part of GMing. I believe I'm very good at scouting, being able to mark out the gems in the draft, even in the later rounds. My trade skills aren't always the best, but I'm willing to do what it takes to get that position that will ultimately lead us to victory. As a GM, I would be able to help players find a new home if they are not satisfied with how our team is performing. In a re-build situation, I think I'm very capable of building a very strong prospect group to eventually help us in the future, to make us a consistent contender for the trophy. So that's it, that is why I think I would make a great GM in the ISFL.

(153 words)

RE: (S36) PT 5 - Election Season - BRNXB0MBERS - 07-25-2022

PT Pass

RE: (S36) PT 5 - Election Season - TheHammer43 - 07-25-2022

Now before I even get more than a sentence into this article I gotta say @PurpleReign  deserves GM of the year. Now I bet you that just about everyone would say the same for their GMs but this guy right here has gone above and beyond for not only myself but for the Dallas Birddogs. I'm very new to this league, and I almost didn't make it, Everything looked so intimidating to me and I didn't think that I was going to be sticking around for very long, But one day I get a message and it's from "Mr.Gm Man" and I couldn't even describe how welcoming it was and it really stuck with me, So y'know what happened, well at the time I was doing ISFL all from my phone and it was just the most difficult thing I've ever had to do on my phone, I was losing track of what I had and hadn't done and I didn't know how many points I had, No idea where to go. And then I dusted off the old laptop that hadn't been touched in lord knows how long and I got to work on my player. Along the way to getting to where I am now were a lot of questions, A LOT. OF. QUESTIONS. hell sometimes I still ask the guy questions, I figure some of the newer questions I can figure out myself and I try to because I can only imagine how difficult it can be to be a GM so I try to limit how often I ask but he still is more than willing to answer them for me. What a guy! He really turned this whole thing around for me, And y'know what if every GM could have the power to be as welcoming as the boss man himself, I think more newcomers would stick around, If I ever become a GM in the future, I know exactly who I'm going to for questions!

Sorry for the ass-kissing trust me it's not my intention I just really think that he should be recognized as one of the best GMs

Now being the GM isn't a one-man job @Dallypole is a very honourable mention! We haven't had the chance to communicate much but I see him in the Locker Room frequently, keeping the morale up and discussing things that need to be done! Sorry for not reaching out more, maybe I'll shoot ya a message sometime and get to know ya more! I know being a GM is a busy job and don't worry I see you out here doing "yo thing"! And trust me it's recognized! If purp gets any type of award or anything, trust me you're right up there with him, he just beat you to me!

RE: (S36) PT 5 - Election Season - stein - 07-25-2022

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S36) PT 5 - Election Season - WildfireMicro - 07-25-2022

SHL Affiliate PT