International Simulation Football League
*ISFL Draft Primer: Brock Landers Jr. - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *ISFL Draft Primer: Brock Landers Jr. (/showthread.php?tid=40496)

*ISFL Draft Primer: Brock Landers Jr. - gucci - 07-29-2022

Brock Landers Jr. is currently splitting time with Roque Santa Cruz in Dallas as the co-starting Quarterbacks. Things haven't been great for Dallas this season as they go into the final week of the season 2-11 with the first pick in the upcoming DSFL draft already locked up. The playoffs seem unreachable despite a talented young offense (at least on paper). This piece will examine Brock Landers Jr.'s rookie season in the DSFL and try to get a good feel for his draft stock heading into the off-season. We will look at TPE earning, in-game performance, ISFL team needs/possible fits, and compare him to other top players both at his position and others.

TPE Earning:
At 241 TPE, Landers Jr. sits tied for 8th in the S37 Draft Class with fellow QB (and all-around awesome guy) Nova Montagne. Of the players ahead of him, only one player, Dallas teammate Matthew Mara is a new create. The rest of the class's top 10 TPE earners is comprised of recreate players from existing users. Unfortunately for Landers Jr. of the four premier Quarterback prospects in the class, all are at least equal to him in terms of TPE. Adrian St. Christmas leads the pack with 246, Bickerman sits at 244, and Landers Jr. and Montagne both sit at 241 currently. Brock Landers Jr. is likely upset with himself over the missed TPE from forgetting Monday predictions on the 4th of July this year. It could cost him dearly in the draft if he falls behind the other Quarterbacks. Needless to say, Landers Jr. has been able to scrape together a near max earning season despite coming into it with only 3 million in the bank. This figure pales in comparison to the other three quarterbacks in the top of the draft and may make max earning difficult to sustain. This is also why I'm currently writing this article, so my banker stops rejecting my Weekly Trainings.

In-game Performance:
This is where Landers Jr. is struggling the most, especially compared to his peers. This season, he has been the worst quarterback in the ISFL and there's no real comparison. While he has been splitting time with another QB in Dallas, it is hard to directly compare his stats to others, but we can glean a lot from things like completion percentage, rating, and TD/INT ratio. Through 13 games, Landers Jr. has a 45.4% completion percentage, a 60.5 QB rating, and a 7:5 TD/INT ratio. Of current players, Landers Jr. is at the very bottom in completion percentage and QB rating by some measure, but he has managed to better one other Quarterback in TD/INT ratio: Minnesota Ducks QB, Owen Farrell who has 25 TDs and 19 INTs. When you look back on the history of the DSFL, you have to go all of the way back to season 27 to find a worse display of Quarterback play. In season 27, future New Orleans Secondline QB (and current tackle), IsHe... ReallyInvisible was undoubtedly worse in all categories as the sole starting QB for the Tijuana Luchadores. Even with all of this underperforming coming from Landers Jr., his future looks bright, and just like IsHe... ReallyInvisible, I expect Landers Jr. to have a successful career for many seasons to come at both the DSFL and ISFL levels. No Pro Bowl this year, but who knows, maybe next year.

ISFL Team Needs and Possible Fits:
Quarterback at the ISFL level seems to be pretty well stocked right now, but as regression kills legends of the league, we have to look at who comes next. Right now, I would say Arizona, Yellowknife, Austin, Sarasota, Orange County, New York, Colorado, Philadelphia, Berlin, San Jose, and New Orleans are set on Quarterback. That means there are three teams really looking at QB: Honolulu, Baltimore, and Chicago. Now excuse me while I break the fourth wall really quickly. Of those three teams, I have a former player who has played in two of those cities. Unfortunately for me, those two teams already know which QB they will take next, Montagne will likely be the next quarterback of the Honolulu Hahaluas, deservingly so. After I drafted Cobra Kai there (OD's last player), he went on to become the greatest player in team history. I would expect that Baltimore has zeroed in on former Baltimore legend, nunc who has a new player in Adrian St. Christmas (also a Honolulu legend but for different, more hilarious reasons). That leaves two clear cut options for the Butchers to zero in on to replace franchise founder Oles. Landers Jr. or Delores Bickerman. One thing Brock has going for him is that Bickerman was not initially created as a QB and switched to help her DSFL team. So there is a possibility that she intends to play another position at the next level. We will have to wait and see who Chicago chooses if that is the case. Finally, I don't think I'd rule out any team with a S30-S31 QB from drafting one to keep in the pipeline if the value is right. In that case I could also see New York and Arizona as good fits for Landers Jr., possibly even Philadelphia if they don't think their young QB will hit a high enough level of TPE to play long term into regression. There are a ton of possibilities in this season's draft.

Player Comparison:
I've already gone through an earning comparison that shows where Landers Jr. ranks within his class as well as amongst his peers at the quarterback position and lightly touched on the comparison to other players in terms of their production on the field this season. So this will be more of a comparison between the builds and archetypes of Landers Jr. as well as his competition at the quarterback position in the draft.

Landers Jr. - Archetype: Gunslinger
Arm: 80
Accuracy: 80
Intelligence: 80
Speed: 55
Strength: 50
Agility: 50
Endurance: 45
Competitiveness: 50

St. Christmas - Archetype: Pocket Passer
Arm: 76
Accuracy: 81
Intelligence: 82
Speed: 45
Strength: 50
Agility: 50
Endurance: 50
Competitiveness: 50

Bickerman - Archetype: Gunslinger
Arm: 70
Accuracy: 83
Intelligence: 86
Strength: 40
Agility: 45
Competitiveness: 45

Montagne - Archetype: Pocket Passer
Arm: 70
Accuracy: 83
Intelligence: 86
Strength: 40
Agility: 40
Competitiveness: 45

Landers Jr. is built very much in the true vein of a gunslinger. With the strongest arm of any rookie QB. Montagne and Bickerman's builds focus solely on accuracy and intelligence, and have more of a pocket passer or game manager feel with their players. St. Christmas ends up somewhere in-between with a build that is more of a traditional DSFL pocket passer build. I'm too far removed from my days of sim testing to know which of these will produce the best results on level playing fields, all else unchanged, but I do know that Landers Jr.'s build was modeled off of the top passer in the DSFL this year, Queen Elizabeth III. I'd expect to see a nice jump forward after another good draft next season and some DSFL players graduating to the ISFL, bringing Dallas back closer to the pack.

Overall, I feel like Landers Jr. could be the 3rd or 4th QB off of the board, and I imagine once the QB hungry teams get their players of choice, we will see Quarterbacks slide down the board, not unlike the NFL draft this past season. So if a team falls in love with Landers Jr., he could go as early as round 1 like Owen Farrell did 2 seasons back, or he could end up sliding and a team picks up a max earning QB on the cheap. I guess we'll know after the draft in a few weeks.

Code:
1302 Words

RE: *ISFL Draft Primer: Brock Landers Jr. - OrbitingDeath - 08-02-2022

Montagne is on your hype squad!

Go Landers Jr!