International Simulation Football League
*DSFL Playoffs preview - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *DSFL Playoffs preview (/showthread.php?tid=40557)

*DSFL Playoffs preview - Ulaire - 08-03-2022

Playoffs of the best league are coming, and everybody wants to know what to expect from them. Saving you some time, to say in short - I don't know. But that won't stop me from writing about it.

in my DSFL half-season power rankings I didn't touch TPE of teams, but now after the last season update went live we can compare teams in this regard. To make it more quick I will put players in tiers - tier 1 - 200-250 TPE, tier 2 - 150-199, tier 3 - 100-149.

So what do we have now:
TIJ - 16 tier 1 players, 2 tier 2, 2 tier 3
BBB - 10 tier 1 players, 3 tier 2, 1 tier 3
LON - 10 tier 1 players, 2 tier 2, 4 tier 3
POR - 9 tier 1 players, 2 tier 2, 3 tier 3

First of all you can see that Tijuana is really stacked with high earning players, while 3 other teams are comparable in that regard. But even with such advantage Tijuana couldn't make it undefeated through regular season and lost 2 games, one of which against their playoff counterpart in BBB, and other against worst league defense in KCC. We all know that sim luck is a thing and it's especially so in the playoffs.

Let's move to how teams in conference finals look against each other in performance. I'll start with Tijuana against Bondi Beach. They've split their regular season games, so at least BBB should have a chance here, right? First thing - its best rushing offense (Bondi Beach) versus best rushing defense (Tijuana). But what's interesting is that in BBB win they actually ran pretty inefficiently and were a lot more successful with passing the ball. Was it clever play calling from Buccaneers GMs or just some sim thing? We will see it tonight. Another thing that gives Tijuana advantage is teams home-road record. Tijuana is undefeated at home, while Bondi Beach won just one road game during regular season. Overall, it's really hard to pick against TIJ in the match up and upset here will really be stunning.

Meanwhile in the north conference teams are more equal. London and Portland played 1-1 in the regular season, with home teams winning. Their point difference is +69 (POR) vs +65 (LON). Judging by stats London strength is lying in their defense and their rushing offense, with two capped RBs. They've played much better in second half of the season but had their hiccup in last game. Still, their home win against Portland was very convincing. Portland's strength lies in defense too, but that defense is really relying on big plays. Portland finished regular season first in sacks, INTs and defensive TDs. That defensive success translated to their offense, that struggles to gain yardage, but is actually good at scoring points. Portland also has home field advantage, that can come in handy against team that is closed in strength. Overall, I see this game as a toss-up.

So, who is the favorite to win it all? That should be pretty easy to see. But due to random nature of playoffs I will make my predictions using tried and true method of coin flip. Thanks, @DREAMSLOTH

South Champions - Bondi Beach Buccaneers
North Champions - Portland Pythons
Ultimini Champions - Bondi Beach Buccaneers

Insert your preferred :shock: emoji here

RE: DSFL Playoffs preview - Jaywe88 - 08-03-2022

Gee, I dunno. That coin is biased

RE: DSFL Playoffs preview - Chucky - 08-03-2022

I think we take this coin flip results and just give BBB the ultimini

RE: DSFL Playoffs preview - Exilizer - 08-03-2022

Royals all the way !

Great stuff though, good read.

RE: DSFL Playoffs preview - Twenty6 - 08-03-2022

Stop the flip!

RE: DSFL Playoffs preview - AnUnoriginalGuy - 08-03-2022

I, for one, welcome our new coin overlords.

RE: DSFL Playoffs preview - Gadget - 08-03-2022

Predictions already in shambles

RE: DSFL Playoffs preview - Ulaire - 08-04-2022

50/50 on predictions so far, just like coin toss