International Simulation Football League
*The Czargyros Bros Announce Their FA Decision - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The Czargyros Bros Announce Their FA Decision (/showthread.php?tid=40595)

*The Czargyros Bros Announce Their FA Decision - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 08-06-2022

Morpheus and Orpheus Czargyros ascend a stage in a crowded press conference room and sit down at a table with two microphones and two bottles of water. They both look rather tired compared to their usual high levels of energy but still are sporting their signature grins. Morpheus takes a swig from the bottle of water and begins to speak:

"We all know why we're here, my brother and I have come to a decision in our free agency search. Is this excessive to have a whole event for it? Mmm....maybe. But y'all are here to see it so can't be too excessive now can it? Free agency has not been fun for us. I mean don't get me wrong, it has been a blast talking to reps from each of the teams. But it is absolutely brutal to have to hand out rejections. We are truly thankful that the league is thriving with so many good players and GMs out there. In the end though our goal was to find a home that we both wanted to go to and that meant saying no to a lot of deserving teams."

Morpheus pauses and reaches under the table to pull out two buttons. One button has the Honolulu Hahalua logo, the other button has the Baltimore Hawks logo. He continues with his speech.

"In the end our choice has come down to Baltimore and Honolulu. Baltimore is one of the OG teams, the history is very rich here. As a long time member of the team I can personally attest to the great players there and I'd be lying if I didn't have some initial bias towards the team before we explored free agency. Honolulu has been a great success for most of their history and continues to put together a strong product on the field and a strong team presence in their locker room. Going there would be a slam dunk towards making the best defense in the league and we believe our best shot at winning another ring before we fall off. Not to mention we have had amazing interactions with the team. In the end neither of these teams is the wrong choice for us, but we had to make the best choice."

Morpheus stops talking to take a drink of water as Orpheus stands up to talk.

"This was a near impossible decision for us. We changed our minds countless times. We argued, then agreed, then argued again. Until the answer came to me in a dream one night."

Orpheus pauses for a moment and becomes very pensive.

"I wake up in an unfamiliar room to a warm light cracking through my window. Somehow though,  I know that this room belongs to me. I throw open the curtains to what I can only describe as paradise. A beautiful sunrise dances on the water. As I continue to step out onto my balcony I smell the sea foam lapping up against the shore. Boats sail by in the distance and birds fly across a picturesque blue sky. It's like a scene from a movie. A beautiful woman walks up beside me as I continue to take in the scenery around me in awe and hands me a drink. I take a sip of the crisp, cool beverage. Ahhhhh....."

The grin on Orpheus' face widens to what seems like an impossibly large size as he continues.....

".....there really is nothing like Natty Boh on a warm Summer day. As I take another gaze out across the Chesapeake Bay I look across to the house next to mine and my new neighbor waves to me, 'Welcome to Bawlmore, hon!' I know that I am home."

As Orpheus finishes this last thought he slams his hand down on the Baltimore Hawks button. Red and gold confetti shoots down from the ceiling as a banner unfurls behind them:

[Image: SMANG_BROS1.png?width=719&height=359]
(GFX Credit: @King Jellyfish)

The Czargyros Brothers are Going to Baltimore!!

[Image: bird-up.gif]

================================================

Thank you to all the teams that reached out to us, it meant a lot to have your interest and it's unfortunate that there are so many great and fun teams to play for in the league and not enough time to play for all of them.

RE: The Czargyros Bros Announce Their FA Decision - Trempale - 08-06-2022

Let’s fucking go! Welcome to Baltimore!

RE: The Czargyros Bros Announce Their FA Decision - shadyshoelace - 08-06-2022

Welcome to the team! BAL BAL BAL

RE: The Czargyros Bros Announce Their FA Decision - King Jellyfish - 08-06-2022

Let's fucking gooo

RE: The Czargyros Bros Announce Their FA Decision - DREAMSLOTH - 08-06-2022

The Indecision

RE: The Czargyros Bros Announce Their FA Decision - OrbitingDeath - 08-07-2022

Enjoy your time in Baltimore. Really wished you would slip and by accident hit the hahalua franchise Smile