International Simulation Football League
*Bay Webb visits a DBD die hard fan for interview - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Bay Webb visits a DBD die hard fan for interview (/showthread.php?tid=40654)

*Bay Webb visits a DBD die hard fan for interview - TheHammer43 - 08-07-2022

The following is an interview. Bay Webb is offered an interview for an upcoming Dallas BirdDogs fan page on Instagram called "The Pound"

The interviewer's name is KYLE.

KYLE: Hello everyone and welcome to our show The Pound where we cover everything Dallas BirdDogs! This week we were able to capture everyone's favourite Canadian Bay Webb, Today we're gonna try and touch on topics such as the upcoming ISFL draft, Last season and a few other topics. Bay Webb just wanted to say thank you for your time and welcome to the show!

BW: Thank you for the invitation I love watching and I love the setup you guys got going on here, Gives me a man cave vibe!

KYLE: Well that's exactly what we were aiming for! Lots of newer shows try and give their studio that newer aesthetic that looks like a new house, we wanted it to look exactly like a fan from homes mancave, y'know banners and jerseys and anything DBD related. 

BW: Oh man I love it, kinda reminds me of my old man cave I have back home! Great work here guys!

KYLE: Well we appreciate the feedback! Now I guess I have to ask you this first. How does it feel to be on the Dallas BirdDogs, I'm sure you've been asked many variations of this question but I truly want to know how does it feel?

BW: Y'know being a football player, in general, is a great feeling and at times it can have quite the weight on your shoulders when you join an organization that has a lot of history behind it, no one wants to be known as the worst player that's ever played for such a great team. Umm being on Dallas is great, I love the fanbase they never lose faith in us, y'know I received lots of fan mail last season and not one of them was nasty, Dallas knows football and they respect it. It's nice to see people not getting upset with us over a choppy season. The feeling I get when I describe how it feels to be on this team is a great one, I respect the history of this team and the alumni that have come from here, its a long list too with a lot of big names on there and when you look at it, its truly inspirational because everyone wants to be known as one of the greatest, If I could walk out of the DSFL being known as one of the greatest BirdDogs Defensive players ever I'd die a happy man. My teammates are great, Gm's have been super nice to me, just an overall great experience.

KYLE: Words cannot describe my wish to be in your shoes for just one day

BW: Oh stop it, man, we're just like you! We just have that ability to play football at the top level.

KYLE: So I know the draft is coming up and that can be really mind clustering, Anywhere you want to go?

BW: Oh man I know I'm gonna hear about this after this interview. Y'know part of me wants to see if I can be that turning point for some of these teams that are on the starting end of a rebuild because to me that is what truly makes a player great. They have the ability to put the team on their back and really support their teammates and it helps everybody get better. That's the right answer there. Now truly. I've been hanging out with a lot of players from Hono and I was there watching them this week for their championship win and I truly felt like I was already a part of the team. So I obviously would like to play for Hono simply because they already got their shit together and I would just be joining a championship team, to me I'm not crazy about the idea of that but they're my favourite team.

KYLE: Honolulu is a dominating team and I would be petrified to be on the Offense of any team that plays against them already but with someone with your drive and play style I couldn't even imagine the damage that defence could do.

BW: I'd love to play with the Big Slam for a season but something tells me I'm not falling that low in the draft. I've been talking with teams and I do the right thing I talk to each and every single one of them the same, I show them respect and I talk to them like human beings. I tell them I have no team in mind that I want to play for because in my own opinion every team has a fair chance at every player. Don't be that guy that talks to the GM like a piece of garbage and purposely tank your draft stock so you can go play for the top team, Hell I hope that the top team doesn't even want that guy.  But like I said I'd love to play for the team that's already got it together and just win championships left and right but I think for me to make it to the Hall of fame, I gotta win it with a team that's rebuilding itself. Y'know be the turning point for them, I mean I can't do it on my own obviously I gotta get a good relationship going with my teammates and all that but I'd like to be that guy that everyone is happy is on their team.

KYLE: Well we all know it's coming, What team do you believe you fit best into right now coming into the draft?

BW: Ummm..hmm... kind of a tough call. Yknow drafts are funny, things happen. It could all go smoothly for everybody y'know everyone who's supposed to go where they are projected could go there or someone could be a sleeper and get drafted first overall and shock everyone and throw the whole damn draft off. But at this very moment... I think I'm a good fit for New York. I don't wanna get people hyped up and even myself hyped up because I actually really like that team. I think at the rate I'm developing I'll be a good fit for them.

KYLE: Wow that truly is groundbreaking news! You heard here first folk! Now Mr.Webb just got a few little questions I wanna rattle off here for ya, you cool with doing a quick speed run on these?

BW: Let's do it.

KYLE: Alright!! Who are some of your favourite teammates

BW: Matt Mara, JR, Chappy! I love my teammates I mean some of them have been pretty quiet and I wasn't really happy about it but I still root for them!

KYLE: New favourite place in Dallas?

BW: YO Ranch Steak House I love me some steak.

KYLE: This question has been on a lot of people's minds, Do you plan on making the change from DE to LB?

BW: Ouu that's a tough one! I do and I don't! I want to be a quarterback's worst nightmare! but at the same time, I feel like I could be a lot of help to any defence if I were at the helm on LB so if I'm asked to make the change to LB I think I'd do it in an instant.

KYLE: Final question! How do you think Dallas is going to do next season?

BW: Well it's difficult to gauge. I'm not exactly sure who is staying or not this season. I'm excited to see all the new fresh meat coming in for the DSFL draft, and I'm really nervous to lose some of our key players that are currently playing. If the roster stays close to what it's at right now I think we'll be a playoff contender for sure. I see myself playing one more season in Dallas before going into the ISFL and I've made that clear with every ISFL team so far.

KYLE: Well I'm on board with you on that one! Finger crossed for that roster staying the way it is! Well folks that's all the time we have for today! I want to thank Bay Webb for giving us his time and a big shoutout to the Dallas BirdDogs! Mr.Hammer do you have any words before we leave?

BW: Umm... Watch out next season! I remember every single thing said, and stay in school kids!

KYLE: Thanks Bay for hanging out with us!!!