International Simulation Football League
soevil Conduct Detrimental - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: League Office (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Punishments (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+--- Thread: soevil Conduct Detrimental (/showthread.php?tid=40859)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: soevil Conduct Detrimental - soevil - 08-16-2022

(08-16-2022, 01:35 PM)PugWalrus Wrote:
(08-16-2022, 01:27 PM)soevil Wrote:
(08-16-2022, 01:21 PM)PugWalrus Wrote: Soevil, I mean c’mon man, I tell my own players in Portland to chill out if the trash talk starts getting out of hand. And I’ve had numerous players ask about why you’re being so harsh to them. The context of your trash talking matters just as much as what you’re LITERALLY saying

There’s good ways to do trash talk and even do so so in an aggressive way. I site @DREAMSLOTH and his player beef with the Copperheads Twitter. They go IN on each other pretty brutally sometimes and no one bats an eye. 

You’ve gotta know by now that if enough users are complaining about the way you conduct yourself, you might need reflect a bit. The DSFL is supposed to be a user’s intro to the league and make a good impression so they stick around into the ISFL. It’s kinda important that you’re not a dick lmao

I suppose I just need to learn what is considered out of hand. I would genuinely like to know which users think I have been harsh to them, but I likely never will. And I have resolved myself to correct my behavior in the chats, as I expressed to HO in my initial conversation with them. Since that conversation, they have decided to issue a formal probation for vague comments not directly targeting anyone.

I’d say it’s just hard to decipher when you’re “playing a character” and when you’re not. A lot of the trash talk is sporadic and comes out of nowhere like with the gadget incident, others have cited hostile behavior towards other DSFL teams or turning other users against teams. I think it just needs to be more clear when you’re “in character” people in the Discord don’t see you as “Austin Morley” they see you as SoEvil, GM of the KC Coyotes.

Sure, that is a fair point, and clearly something I need to learn how to better portray moving forward. My issue is, is in my opinion, some of the actions I have done are deemed "harrassment" when I just really don't see how thats an accurate characterization. Sure, I sent a puke gif in reference to the yeti. Just this morning another user in the DSFL sent puke emojis in reference to the luchadores. Spot the difference? Maybe patterned behavior? It just all seems like a mountain out of a molehill to me.

RE: soevil Conduct Detrimental - Yeenoghu - 08-16-2022

(08-16-2022, 01:46 PM)soevil Wrote: My issue is, is in my opinion, some of the actions I have done are deemed "harrassment" when I just really don't see how thats an accurate characterization.
Although you are no longer doing it, I think sending a thumbs down react to every message one specific user sends, regardless of the content of the message, could be construed as harassing that user.

RE: soevil Conduct Detrimental - domffl - 08-16-2022

(08-16-2022, 01:18 PM)Greenbaynathan Wrote:
(08-16-2022, 01:15 PM)NonComplicit Wrote:
(08-16-2022, 01:05 PM)Greenbaynathan Wrote:
(08-16-2022, 01:03 PM)TheNC206 Wrote: Im selling popcorn if anyone wants some

1 Bag = 10 TPE
thats too expensive, im selling 1 bag for 5 TPE
I'll take your entire stock
[Image: vector-popcorn-icon-on-a-white-backgroun...-255307539][Image: vector-popcorn-icon-on-a-white-backgroun...-255307539] here, i hope the links work, they did not
This is the content I came here for.

And just to flatly say it, I understand that my attitude may have (or has) impacted other users in the league. Perhaps I am just more direct, but if anyone has had a problem with me being "rude", reach out to me and discuss it. Multiple users have mentioned new users coming in and being afraid to go to a certain team for fear of retaliatory harrassment on my account? If I genuinely thought this was that extreme, I would have tightened up when it was made actually apparent. Of the two users @SchwarzNarr and @Gadget (wouldn't let me tag him), I pretty quickly reached out to them to hash it out.

RE: soevil Conduct Detrimental - g2019 - 08-16-2022

Why would they reach out to you to discuss it? You have shown here, in front of the whole league, that you think things are overblown and you didn't do anything that even warrants a warning from HO, which is what this is...

(08-16-2022, 01:51 PM)Maglubiyet Wrote:
(08-16-2022, 01:46 PM)soevil Wrote: My issue is, is in my opinion, some of the actions I have done are deemed "harrassment" when I just really don't see how thats an accurate characterization.
Although you are no longer doing it, I think sending a thumbs down react to every message one specific user sends, regardless of the content of the message, could be construed as harassing that user.

Sure, I'll buy that. When I was made aware that the user felt that way, I stopped.

RE: soevil Conduct Detrimental - GlimsTC - 08-16-2022

I keep seeing it said by him that he's "corrected himself", but you can literally go look at chat logs in DSFL Rookie chat and so forth and see he either doubles down or basically says "Well it's your fault you don't like it". The absolute damnest thing I saw was you mocking the Yeti to a player YOU PICKED UP ON WAIVERS, and then the excuse was "I hate the Yeti in character lmao stop stressing" (paraphrased to be clear). You're just an asshole, man. You can pretend you aren't all day long, but at the end of the day your behavior is clearly just putting people down and you refuse to let off the gas despite people telling you they don't like it.

Also, stop making Kansas look so fucking bad. Amadan fucked up what we had already built up there and you went in and started fucking it up additionally. This team means too much to some people for someone like you to make it a god damn joke.

RE: soevil Conduct Detrimental - g2019 - 08-16-2022

Also, both of those users commented on this post to react to your dismissal of your behavior...so it doesn't really seem too "hashed out", now does it?

RE: soevil Conduct Detrimental - Gadget - 08-16-2022

(08-16-2022, 01:54 PM)soevil Wrote: And just to flatly say it, I understand that my attitude may have (or has) impacted other users in the league. Perhaps I am just more direct, but if anyone has had a problem with me being "rude", reach out to me and discuss it. Multiple users have mentioned new users coming in and being afraid to go to a certain team for fear of retaliatory harrassment on my account? If I genuinely thought this was that extreme, I would have tightened up when it was made actually apparent. Of the two users @SchwarzNarr and @Gadget (wouldn't let me tag him), I pretty quickly reached out to them to hash it out.

You reached out, but we did not "Hash things out." you gave me a non-apology in an extremely passive aggressive tone that summed up to "I'm sorry you got offended." That is not a proper apology and I was very disappointed, especially since prior to that our only conversation was a lovely scouting conversation.

[Image: unknown.png]

Do you think this is a good apology?

RE: soevil Conduct Detrimental - Dindog - 08-16-2022

I’d like to thank everyone for providing reading material for my noon’o clock poop!