International Simulation Football League
*Journey Across the Sim Leagues - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Journey Across the Sim Leagues (/showthread.php?tid=40987)

*Journey Across the Sim Leagues - TacocaT - 08-20-2022

This is somewhat similar to the article Jabs made, and is definitely inspired by the article, so credit the them for sure. Anyways, let's get on with my experience in sim leagues!

SHL Part 1
-----------------------
In June of 2021, I got into the SHL, interested by the concept of a sim league, I join the SHL. I enjoy and joke around in a prospect showcase, make 1 update, then promptly go IA as school starts up again. Not much more to say.

PBE Part 1
----------------------
A couple weeks later I join the PBE. I similarly play a some games after getting picked up by the Ranas (then the Dynamos). I play 75 games putting up a horrifically bad -3.5 WAR. I also make 1 update then go completely IA.

SHL Part 2
---------------------
Hank Stopper
I rejoin the SHL about 4 months later as a goalie named Hank Stopper. I sign with the Great Falls Grizzlies, and ultimately they are selected 28th overall (2nd round) by the Calgary Dragons. I play a number of seasons in the SMJHL with the Grizzlies, and as of late got a call-up for a backup role for the dragons where I was distinctly mediocre, going 14-11. I have overall been a solid backup for the long term future who earns... well I do earn. Standing at 651 TPE, I have dropped a incredible amount of TPE, but have ultimately earned well enough TPE to be a solid backup goaltender. It's basically my casual league considering I only link PBE PTs and don't hold any jobs.

PBE Part 2
-------------------
Nick Fielder
I recreated in the PBE about a month earlier in early October. There, I would get a bout of deja vu as I was again picked up by the Dynamos who would become the Ranas the following season. However, this time I would earn significantly better, and ultimately be selected 28th overall in the S30 draft by the Outer Banks Aviators. Following another season as a defensive minded catcher, I was called up to the cellar dweller Aviators where I helped them stay in the cellar by putting up seasons of -2.2 WAR, -2.6 WAR, and -0.6 WAR. I have consistently nearly max earned, and now at 1150 TPE, I am in contention for a gold glove (AKA great defensively) in Center Field despite being quite inept offensively. I am also a updater for the Vancouver Vandals on a side note.

ISFL
------------------
Well, how did we get here? (do you know what I'm referring to here?) After becoming comfortable in the PBE and SHL, I looked around and eventually decided to join the ISFL planning to earn similarly to the SHL. It would work considering the PBE has 2 PTs, so it made sense. However, I have become incredibly obsessed with ISFL/DSFL... counting servers. I guess the ISFL has also been good too. Jokes aside, I have become committed to the ISFL and despite being unable to get a job (little too real tbh) I have made a whole counting media series and have somewhat max earned so far in my time in the ISFL. 

Oh yeah I forgot WSBL
-------------------------------
I was WSBL auditor for 2 seasons before the league folded. Yeah. I wanted to be a agent in the league but the league did indeed fold. So I hope the agent fees in ISFL become cheaper before I retire.

In conclusion, I have a odd obsession with counting servers, and Noncomplict/Astro should be kicked out of MIN counting into NYS counting, where they can do all the maths they desire to do. Have a great day, and I will go back to counting.

Maybe this will be a new thing at the end of all my media. (Counting Counts)

MIN - 32699
NYS - 5471
BBB - 64
LON - 24527

I'd imagine based off the counts that my next media will be gloating over MIN's 10K lead over LON's

RE: Journey Across the Sim Leagues - DREAMSLOTH - 08-21-2022

> Jokes aside, I have become committed to the ISFL and despite being unable to get a job (little too real tbh) I have made a whole counting media series and have somewhat max earned so far in my time in the ISFL.

Your time will come if you want a job. There's no shortage of openings during the season. Keep ya head up!

RE: Journey Across the Sim Leagues - moonlight - 08-21-2022

>Aviators where I helped them stay in the cellar by putting up seasons of -2.2 WAR, -2.6 WAR, and -0.6 WAR. I have consistently nearly max earned

The PBE is so pointless. I earned about 4000 TPE across two players and nothing came of it.

RE: Journey Across the Sim Leagues - .HoshinoIchika - 08-21-2022

(08-20-2022, 09:54 PM)TacocaT Wrote: In conclusion, I have a odd obsession with counting servers, and Noncomplict/Astro should be allowed kicked out of MIN counting into NYS counting, where they can do all the maths they desire to do. Have a great day, and I will go back to counting.
@zaynzk LET ME INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN