International Simulation Football League
*(AP) Breaking News: Deco Deal is Done - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *(AP) Breaking News: Deco Deal is Done (/showthread.php?tid=41346)

*(AP) Breaking News: Deco Deal is Done - Crodyman - 09-24-2022

(ASSOCIATED PRESS)

Many people have been following the ongoing story about S35 CB Art Deco testing free agency over the weekend, and it appears that he has made his decision. An official statement from Deco arrived late this afternoon to the editorial desk at the Associated Press. It reads as follows:

"When I decided to test free agency, I had no idea how much interest I'd garner from teams in the league. I was anticipating have a few options to choose from, but as the hours grew, so too did the correspondence with GMs and players making their pitches to recruit me to their squad. It is humbling, to say the least, and what I didn't expect was how difficult the decision would be to make for me and my family. Obviously I can only play for one team, and with the amount of quality teams to choose from, I've taken my time to consider which fit will be the best for me at this time.

I'd prefer not to list specifically which teams reached out, out of the same respect they've shown me during this process, but I will say that everyone who reached out had their own compelling reasons to have me join. This is not a decision I made lightly, and to the GMs and fans of the teams that I've declined, I want to say thank you for your understanding and interest in my player. You truly made this an agonizing decision.

At this time I am ready to announce where I'll be playing for years to come. I've decided to take my talents to a team that has an infusion of youth across positions; that have good leadership in their front office; that offered an unmatched contract offer; that I believe will be a contender for seasons to come with a bright future ahead of them and offers a chance to let me help build something historic for the franchise. The team I've chosen is the Philadelphia Liberty. I'm looking forward to starting the next chapter of my career in a new city with some fresh new faces! #ringthebell !
PHI PHI PHI PHI PHI "

After a whirlwind of 72 hours, it appears that CB Art Deco will be signing with the Philadelphia Liberty. He projects as a possible CB1 on the depth chart, and will add stability and veteran leadership for seasons to come. A previous report had indicated Deco had narrowed it down to three teams: PHI, NOLA, and NYS. However, ISFL reporter Pam Pringle tweeted late last night that as many as three other teams initiated talks yesterday evening to make their pitches heard. She also mentioned that a suspected eight teams had contacted Deco with inquiries.

Now that the drama has unfolded, Associated Press will be looking ahead to the playoffs and the coming draft for more coverage.

(CRODY'S NOTE:

Whew. This was a lot. I think I'm going to write some media about my experience as a user going through the free agency process for anyone who might be interested in checking it out. The abridged version I can say right now is that the most eye-opening part of this process was just realizing how many great users are in this league, and how many I hope to play with someday. I was hoping testing the market would be an injection of some energy and love I have for the league, and at first glance, I think it was a resounding success and a novel experience--though one I hope not to do it again for quite awhile. Thank you for reading and following along. <3)

RE: (AP) Breaking News: Deco Deal is Done - Cody - 09-24-2022

Crody and Cody I like it

RE: (AP) Breaking News: Deco Deal is Done - mithrandir - 09-24-2022

It always hurts to be a finalist and then to miss out on a great user, but I wish you the best in Philly!

RE: (AP) Breaking News: Deco Deal is Done - abh89 - 09-24-2022

Best of luck in Philly! I’m looking forward to the follow up media piece. This has been an interesting take on the free agency process so far and something I think could be fun to see more often.

RE: (AP) Breaking News: Deco Deal is Done - Trempale - 09-24-2022

Best of luck in Philly!

RE: (AP) Breaking News: Deco Deal is Done - slothfacekilla - 09-24-2022

Time to close photoshop and delete these New York Art Deco renders  Cry