International Simulation Football League
*LT says goodbye - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *LT says goodbye (/showthread.php?tid=41641)

*LT says goodbye - Tayjay - 10-10-2022

Code:
Double Media 1028 words
Leonard "LT" Taylor has officially hung up his cleats and aims to sit amongst the best to ever play the game. I am grateful to have gotten to play alongside so many great players. I wanted to create a legacy as large as my father's and win a championship. I'm not sure I fulfilled the first part but at least I got a championship under my belt.

After being taken in the first round of the Season twenty-six draft I was ecstatic to be joining such a great organization. I started as a linebacker in the DSFL with the Buccaneers and were able to win a championship in my last season down while simultaneously watching my ISFL team win the Ultimus. It was bitter sweet since I wanted to help the Wraiths win a championship but it allowed me to think about my position switch as we headed into a new era in the sim engine. I was always going to possibly position switch based on my teams need. I only had 2 main goals; to win a championship and to rack up a ton of sacks. I also liked the longevity of being a defensive end and the position offered that plus the ability to sit atop the leaderboards in sacks if I played long enough. Never in my dreams did I think I would become a four time defensive end of the year.

My first year in the ISFL was spent mostly getting sacks and that's about it. Leonard had 18 tackles and 8 of those were sacks. Not much in the way of helping out the defense but the sacks were nice. The next season was the same but more, however the Wraiths ended it with another Ultimus victory, and unfortunately the one and only of Leonard Taylor's career. The next season started 4 straight seasons of defensive players of the year. I'm not really sure which of them is my best and to be honest I'm not really sure how I wont that many, but I was glad to just be able to have a productive seasons. LT had some good seasons after that but this past season was my hardest by far. My body had broken down and I was really only out there for passing situations. No longer the force I was, I was left to watch on the sidelines as this dominant Yellowknife defense didn't need me anymore. I still had a couple notable games such as the playoff clinching win over Philadelphia where Leonard had a sack safety which led to the game winning touchdown drive. Easily the best part of this tough season for Mr. Taylor. All in all we were able to win just one playoff game but it was still a very successful season.

Sometimes I like to think about where I would be if I never swapped from being a linebacker. Which direction my career may have gone. Defensive lineman don’t necessarily get a ton of praise but it was always nice to just be there and have that game changing play when your team needs it the most. And it could be the only play you make! I think I will have a decent shot at the Hall of Fame but it is hard to say. I’ve never had a player in any sim league make it to the Hall of Fame so I would obviously love Leonard Taylor be my first. He doesn’t have a high TFL count but in the sack department I believe I ended up top 5 or 6 for defensive lineman once you take out the linebackers. I also broke the 100 sacks threshold which I think is pretty remarkable. Despite his lack of tackles and tackles for loss, where Leonard Taylor made his money was forcing turnovers and racking up safeties. He sits tied for second in safeties with 4 over his career. Taylor also has an insane 33 fumbles forced during his career which I believe is currently record for a defensive lineman. In his last defensive end of the year campaign I believe he had 7 forced fumbles and 4 recovered. He was an all time great in the turnovers forced department. Those are the stats I am most proud about during my ISFL career.

I have had the luxury of playing with so many great players and front office members during my tenure on the Wraiths. I have loved every second of it. I got to play with studs like Nero Alexander who was one of the first players I built my player off of. Flyeagles and all of those great offensive weapons we had always made for entertaining games. The front office was always upfront with me and easy to work with. Zoot and Arkz have been great and have taken this team right back to the top and allowed me to stick around for basically as long as I wanted. Once upon a time there was a chance that LT would be traded when we had our mini rebuild but I’m glad that I got to stick it out and wear the black and blue.

As I sit here trying to reflect on my 12? Year career I think back to when my brother and I had discussions to join the ISFL. Zak and I run a PBE team and we were discussing creating in a second league. I think we were both hesitant at first to pick up another obligation but I have come to love the ISFL and there was no question I would recreate. It was more of a matter of what position.  The ISFL has become more than just a league to take my mind off of the PBE. I have come to really enjoy those little dots and the presentations. The way this league is run and just getting to meet new people. I will have an article out sometime today for my new create to help increase my bank account, shout-out to Joe K, but I just want to thank everyone in the Yellowknife organizations and everyone I’ve played with for making these years so enjoyable. Go Wraiths!!

RE: LT says goodbye - ZootTX - 10-10-2022

I can't take credit for drafting you, but you've been an amazing player and teammate and its been great to have you on the team and in the locker room.
I look forward to seeing another Wraiths jersey in the HOF.