International Simulation Football League
First Generation Player 2x New Rule Spectacular! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: First Generation Player 2x New Rule Spectacular! (/showthread.php?tid=41720)

First Generation Player 2x New Rule Spectacular! - JKortesi81 - 10-12-2022

Dear everyone in the league that hasn't been here for 5 years like my old ass has been, 

I believe there was a time back in the single digit seasons that a First Gen player, as a way to help their bank accounts, were allowed a 2x media on their first media post, no matter what it was. 

It somehow magically went away back in the dark ages, when the former super mean HO allowed only a 1.5x media event ever. (Boooo!)

So, we're bringing it back. 

Starting this season, if you're a first generation, brand-spanking-new person to the site that needs some money, you can post your first article for 2x the cash. (NOTE: This does NOT mean the Rookie Task Media you guys have to post, it's your first original, stand alone, non rookie task article!) 

"Sounds good JK! How do we go about doing that?"

Here are the fun and easy steps: 

1. Write an article about your player or the ISFL and make sure it is over 1000 words. Yes, 1000. You're going to do *some* work for this. 

2. At the top of the article, please note that you're using your 2x First Gen bonus. 

Done. 

Now, for this current class who may have already posted their first article: the slate is wiped clean, and you can get a go at it again. Don't wait on doing this though!

Here's the bad things: 

1. You *must* use it on your FIRST article. (one exception: see #4)

2. No, Podcasts will not be allowed for this. (The point is to add to the written media on the site, using your creativity, and not just give $8,000,000 to everyone for an hour podcast)

3. If you get caught lying about being a First Gen (in other words you're NOT a recreate and its your first player ever), you'll be fined $10,000,000. It's simple. Don't do this. I don't think anyone will, but the penalty exists to discourage this behavior. 

4. No, you can't "Stack" 2xs by posting during a 2x media event. It'll just be worth 2x. However, If your first article happens to come out when there is a 2x media event, you can "save" your First Gen 2x Bonus for after the 2x Media Event. 

I think that's it. 

It's just small addition that should really easily help out the new people to the league and hopefully help with retention! 

Thanks everyone, 

-JK

RE: First Generation Player 2x New Rule Spectacular! - Billybolo53 - 10-12-2022

[Image: fellow-kids-no-text.gif]

How do you do, fellow new gens

RE: First Generation Player 2x New Rule Spectacular! - Baron1898 - 10-12-2022

No wonder Noble made a multi, dustyatters' article must've made a killing

RE: First Generation Player 2x New Rule Spectacular! - amjohnson636 - 11-16-2023

X

RE: First Generation Player 2x New Rule Spectacular! - DREAMSLOTH - 11-16-2023

This is the way.