International Simulation Football League
Bank Changes Announcement - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=495)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Forum: Department Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=493)
+---- Thread: Bank Changes Announcement (/showthread.php?tid=41816)

Bank Changes Announcement - Opera_Phantom - 10-16-2022

Hello everyone!

Couple weeks after the new Bank Portal was introduced, i think things are going pretty smoothly. Few errors (both by bankers and users, normal stuff, easily corrected), lots of suggestions to keep @Talls on his toes, i think it was a damn success.

If there's one thing i would request to everyone, is for users to remember that weekly training and equipment can be bought without having to input anything on the portal. Just go to "Bank" on top of the page, select "Player Page" and then you have all the options there. The weekly training menu disappears when you use it, show up again on mondays (when you can do training again) and the equipment option remains valid until you buy Tier 6, after that it also gets unaccessible. For more information, check HERE.

On another news, the fact that the new Portal dropped the amount of work needed out of bankers every week, means that we had to make some cuts on the payroll, and also close the applications we had going on without bringing anyone in.

That being said i want to thank @Baron1898, @Fordhammer, @Mooty99, @PMoney, @SomeSay... and @unconfident, who understood the situation above and, by having other league jobs already, decided to step down of their Banker job. They all did an awful amazing job (sorta, i guess) and it's a shame that now they'll have to find something else to do.

And with them, i will also be stepping down from my Bank Head job. It's been a hell of a fun time, i think i got on the bank season 22 or 23, becoming Head Banker in Season 25 iirc, it was my favorite job of all time and i think that ever since i got the job i managed to help the league and the bank in being a lot more easy to access and to have things done. I always requested everyone who worked with me to do their job as fast as possible so that the bank accounts stayed as updated as possible to avoid any errors, and i honestly feel like it worked. The amount of errors and corrections needed dropped significantly during my "reign", which is something i will cherish forever. Being in HO at the time, it felt wrong to stay on the job while having to let go users simply because they had other jobs and then for me to stay on the department. And the introduction of the Bank Portal, such a huge job, seems like the perfect time to retire.

I would also like to thank everyone that worked with me on the department, that for one reason or another, left before this season:

@Bwestfield
@wonderful_art
@Moosecop
@TropicaliaCC
@xTri
@gbfn
@Vorshayla
@Ace
@ZootTX
@Painted

And considering i am stepping down, i would like to welcome the longest tenured banker to the Head Banker job, @Raven. He knows everything he needs to know about the job already, so i am sure he will keep the bank as one of the best run departments in the league. I will be staying as co-Head Banker for this season, and then Raven will move things forward. His team will be composed by @moonlight, @PMoney, @"Rekkr" and @Tayjay.

So, from now on, anything you need from the Bank, go and annoy @Raven!

Thanks everyone for helping me doing this, i hope the bank never failed you!

RE: Bank Changes Announcement - qWest - 10-16-2022

Congrats to everyone on getting us to a more accessible and less work intensive system and thank you for all your hard work to keep the bank running smoothly.

RE: Bank Changes Announcement - Mooty99 - 10-16-2022

I can't believe this is how I found out

RE: Bank Changes Announcement - Raven - 10-16-2022

[Image: ah-shit-here-we-go-again-ah-shit.gif]

RE: Bank Changes Announcement - infinitempg - 10-16-2022

oh boy, a new way to annoy raven!

(thank you for all your hard work, OP!)

RE: Bank Changes Announcement - unconfident - 10-16-2022

Thank fuck

RE: Bank Changes Announcement - Twenty6 - 10-16-2022

Thank you, OP!

Now, all hail Raven!

RE: Bank Changes Announcement - Painted - 10-17-2022

Opera was the real fired employee all along

RE: Bank Changes Announcement - lordcoolcats - 10-17-2022

I don't trust banks. Nothing personal. They're just corporatized money laundering schemes. 

I'll keep my money where it's safe. 

in my sock drawer 
under the floorboards 
buried in the backyard 
[REDACTED] 

Thanks though.