International Simulation Football League
*State of the League - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *State of the League (/showthread.php?tid=42178)

Pages: 1 2

*State of the League - By-Tor - 11-16-2022

It's been basically a year since I've been on ISFL. I'm sure a lot has happened in that time. I barely knew who was good and who wasn't while I was even here last time lol. Here's my best guess on the state of the league without looking at anything before posting this (except team names):

Power Rankings

1. The Berlin Fire Salamanders  BER  have won 3 of the last 5 championships, mostly in part to me being on the team. They've kept me around this long because I am their lucky charm.

2. The Yellowknife Wraiths YKW  have recently been a perennial contender for postseason hardware. They one once in the past few years, but usually just coming up short at the end. 

3. The New Orleans Second Line NOLA  won a championship last season. Their star quarterback is one of the best in the league and regularly leads them to victory. 

4. The Arizona Outlaws ARI  are led by their suffocating defense. They have had the best defense for year and their offense is just now rounding into form. 

5. The Sarasota Sailfish SAR  have a star running back and all-star quarterback that are in the final years of their contract. They may be looking elsewhere as they hit the peak of their career.

6. The Colorado Yeti COL  had a handful of early playoff exits, but usually do very well in the regular season. They just can't get over the hump. 

7. The New York Silverbacks NYS  were doing pretty well for a while there, but fell off in the last season with some key departures. They are still wining games, but not o the level as before. 

8. The San Jose Sabercats SJS  are a middle of the road team. They just win a few games over 0.500, but nothing to write home about. 

9. The Orange County Otters OCO  got really old recently and have seen a lot of players hit regression. A rebuild in in the near future. 

10. The Philadelphia Liberty PHI  are on the rise out of a recent rebuild, but are still too young and unexperienced to make a dent. The future looks bright, though. 

11. The Baltimore Hawks BAL  Can never score more3 than 21 in a game. Sure, their defense holds out some snoozefests, but they need to get a better offense if they want to win anything. 

12. The Honolulu Hahalua HON  are currently in a rebuild started last season. They got some good draft picks and are just waiting for them to develop. Not much skill. 

13. The Chicago Butchers CHI  are definitely one of the worst in the league. No defense, little offense. They are old and just need to rebuild already. 

14. The Austin Copperheads AUS  are the dumpster fire of the league. Just plain old bad. Can barely win 2 games a season. 

That's my best guess of what is going on in the league at this point. I need you stalwarts to tell me if I was right or wrong. But I'm sure I was right - I just know these things.

RE: State of the League - Jaywe88 - 11-16-2022

Holy heck, you’re dead-on

RE: State of the League - Kyamprac - 11-16-2022

[Image: the-office-mindy-kaling.gif]

AUS

Also welcome back Smile

RE: *State of the League - Gage2 - 11-16-2022

Uhhhhhhhh wait a little longer

RE: *State of the League - Dewalt27 - 11-16-2022

This is how i remember it. NYS never destroyed my hopes and dreams or anything.

RE: *State of the League - DarknessRising - 11-16-2022

Playoff bound hawks in number 11 spot  Cool

RE: *State of the League - DREAMSLOTH - 11-17-2022

Welcome back!

Also, this is wrong and Philly should be in last.

Sincerely,

A Philly Player

RE: *State of the League - Pat - 11-17-2022

(11-17-2022, 09:54 AM)dreamSloth Wrote: Welcome back!

Sincerely,

A Philly Player

Wrong. 

Philly should be in the DSFL.

RE: *State of the League - AnUnoriginalGuy - 11-21-2022

(11-17-2022, 04:49 PM)Pat Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 09:54 AM)dreamSloth Wrote: Welcome back!

Sincerely,

A Philly Player

Wrong. 

Philly should be in the DSFL.
god were never hearing the end of that trade

RE: *State of the League - Kotasa - 11-21-2022

THE PROMISED PRINCE RETURNS