International Simulation Football League
*Mr. CTC or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the New Ownership - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Mr. CTC or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the New Ownership (/showthread.php?tid=42304)

*Mr. CTC or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the New Ownership - Faded - 12-01-2022

The city of Philadelphia can only watch in horror as the franchise that they love dearly shatters in front of their very eyes. Literally.

Like all of the non-Philadelphians, they witnessed the breaking of one of the most important symbols of American freedom in the Liberty Bell. They witnessed the collapse of their stadium at the hands of wild animals. They witnessed their team’s head honchos suddenly disappear without any rhyme or reason. It has seemingly been an irrational series of events for the team that has already been down on their luck. But this collapse is seemingly a fitting microcosm of the team’s recent history.

You can imagine the larger horror on the faces of the players as they are without a doubt concerned if they are still going to be a member of the Liberty, or even a football player still.

Liberty’s Tron Carter sits at home with his teammate and good friend Jarvis Harbinger-Marjin as they are both still shellshocked of the events that took place. News conferences and national coverage of the incident play on the television in front of them. They have been so used to seeing the face of the Police Commissioner that they almost began to construct parasocial relationships with the man that they had never met.

“Recent investigations have found little or no updates on the matter. The general management of the Philadelphia Liberty football team is still missing. However, our investigation team is still working hard to-”

“I’m turning this shit off,” interjects a frustrated Tron.

“Hey, it was getting good!” jokes JHM.

“Not funny. I’m sick of having no answers about any of this nonsense. How is it that we haven’t been told anything by the franchise? We should be the first people to know about this garbage, not receiving our news from the stupid police.” Tron sits back in his seat agast.

“Hopefully everybody is okay. I still want to play football, I don’t care if we play it in a high school stadium,” JHM states with bleak optimism.

“Well, we need general management to tell us what to do though. We can’t coach ourselves.” Carter takes a drink of his soda.

Suddenly, JHM gets a call from his teammate.

“It’s Swantavius!” He cries in excitement. JHM answers the phone. “Hello?”

“Hey man. Get over to the team facilities right away. Shit is going down.” Swantavius is almost unintelligible.

“Jesus man, what is all that racket behind you?” JHM asks. Tron sits up in his chair and grows a look of concern.

“Media is here and they are harassing the players. Just get over here.” Swantavius ends the call with a click.

“What’s the matter?” Tron asks JHM, who is hastily getting ready to leave.

“We got to head to the facilities. Get your shit.” Tron complies, grabbing his keys and wallet, and they both head for the door.

After a brief drive through the city, they eventually make their way to a scene of pandemonium at the team facilities. Media vans are parked down the street with cameras and lights following players as they try to make their way to the team facilities. Tron parks his vehicle outside the main office, and both him and JHM hop out of the vehicle. After making their way through the sea of suits and earpieces, they make it into the locker room, where other players are keeping shelter.

The scene that the pair encounter is a mixture of fear and anger. It includes American Boot and Aleksandr Milescu, who are bickering about if they are gonna play another down of football.

“Look, if anything, we may have the opportunity at a fresh start on a different team! What’s wrong with that?” Boot asks a cynical Milescu.

“You’re nuts. We are most certainly screwed.” Milescu retorts.

“What are you so mad about? If I’m nuts, then you’re bolts!” Boot cries.

Tron and JHM look at eachother puzzled.

“I’ll go break up the kitty fight over there. Try and see if you can get Able Archer out of the corner.” Tron says to JHM. As they break apart, it seems as if Boot and Milescu are at wits end with each other.

“You’re a bum!”

“You’re so irrelevant I only learned your first name last week!”

“Fellas, please!” Tron hastily interjects. “Bickering won’t fix anything. Why are you two even fighting in the first place?”

“Cause who the hell is going to take over a franchise like us? We are entirely screwed! You should know that as much as I do!” screams Milescu. The room grows quiet.

“I think that this is a fantastic opportunity to grow as a unit and as a franchise. Perhaps we’ll get some smart and savvy people in the front office who can bring us back.” Tron says with cheer.

Milescu looks at Tron like he has a football coming out of his ear.

“Seriously? Are you nuts? At this rate, we are on a collision course for contraction. I’m sure the league would be more than happy to say goodbye to a franchise like us,” Milescu says with great regret.

“C’mon man, don’t think like that,” says a distraught Able.

“Shut up,” snaps a militant Milescu. Able recedes back into his corner.

“Hey, that wasn’t nice,” JHM says to Milescu.

“Seriously? ‘tHaT WaSn’T VerY NiCe.’ Listen to yourself. Like do you all really think that our saving grace, our messiah, is going to come through the doors and take this franchise by the loins? Get over yourselves-”

A crash of opening doors interrupts Milescu’s tirade. All heads in the room snap to the two gentlemen waltzing into the room. Able emerges from his corner.

The two men stand tall, dressed in black suits and sunglasses. Their mere presence is enough to make all in the room feel spellbound and compelled to listen, even though these men are complete strangers to them.

“You all can cease your incessant squabbling, gentlemen,” retorts the first gentleman.

“We hear that you are a team that is in need of some assistance,” states the second gentleman.

“Oh look, it’s the men in black!” jokes Milescu. The room erupts with laughter.

But, it all ceases with a sharp crack of a bat against one of the lockers. The team stands in shock.

“It’s okay, we can pay for that.” says the bat-wielding first gentleman. Able whimpers in the corner.

“We certainly can,” says the second gentleman.

“Okay,” Tron speaks up. “You come into our team facility. Destroy our property. Intimidate us. Who the hell are you guys?

The team pipes up one by one stating their distaste with the mystery men. Insults go flying like footballs thrown from quarterbacks. But once again, a whack at the locker shuts the men up once more.

“At this rate, you guys are going to drain our wallets,” jokes the first gentleman, brushing the wood splinters off his jacket.

“To answer the gentleman’s question in regards to who ‘the hell’ we are, let’s just say that the team is under new management. You’re in good hands, gentlemen,” states the second gentleman. A shroud of mysterious optimism puzzles the players.

“Do you know where our GMs are?” asks Tron.

“Yes we do. They are safe. No need to worry,” states the first gentleman.

“Um, excuse us! We are going to worry!” yells a concerned JHM.

“How about you respect your new owners or your on the trading block mister…whoever you are,” says the first gentleman, brandishing his bat.

“Fine,” says Tron. “What do you suppose our next moves are? We have no stadium, our management is somewhere on the planet Earth, a broken bell, and your solution is to break our locker? You guys are a couple of jokes.”

“Just give it time my friend. We have lots in store for you all.” The first gentleman drops the bat on the ground, and both gentlemen retire out of the room.

“Well shit,” says Mirescu. “Perhaps we still are playing football.”

“Told you asshole,” says a defiant Boot.

RE: Mr. CTC or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the New Ownership - negs - 12-01-2022

:shockl4:

RE: Mr. CTC or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the New Ownership - Jaywe88 - 12-01-2022

Is this a giant multi reveal

RE: Mr. CTC or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the New Ownership - Faded - 12-01-2022

(12-01-2022, 02:09 PM)Jaywe88 Wrote: Is this a giant multi reveal

I've already been in trouble once I don't need to be in trouble again

RE: Mr. CTC or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the New Ownership - lordcoolcats - 12-01-2022

Somebody please tell me what's happening. I'm scared.

RE: *Mr. CTC or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the New Ownership - Alikh - 12-01-2022

You know its serious when I'm yelling in SpongeBob text

RE: *Mr. CTC or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the New Ownership - Twenty6 - 12-01-2022

This is clearly phake phnews because JHM would never be concerned or not yelling at the top of his lungs.