International Simulation Football League
Minor Attribute Cap Increase - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: Minor Attribute Cap Increase (/showthread.php?tid=4244)

Pages: 1 2 3

Minor Attribute Cap Increase - SimmerDownBruhh - 09-06-2017

I get that the archetype system is fairly set where they are, and I love how everyone has been personalizing their players off the field but is it possible to do it on the field as well?

I bring this up because, for the most part, as long as we max (or get close to max) on a certain attribute, you should be able to perform very very well in this league.

I propose something simple as a payment at ANY time of their football career (in our case, most of us will be hitting our primes soon, going into our third season, this will be a great time to do it, in my opinion), they would be able to increase a certain amount of Attribute Points to increase their max attribute.

For example, if your Strength maxes at 90 and you still feel like you get bullied on the line? Pay $5 million bucks (not necessarily this price but I'm just using it as an example) to make that joint a 95? Easy. Speed gets stuck at 75, huh? If you wanna make that 85?, you have the ability to do so.

For these two examples, I proposed a +5 Cap Increase for x amount of dollars and a +10 Cap Increase for xx amount of dollars. I also think that if you buy the +5, you can ONLY increase one attribute cap. For the +10, you can ONLY increase two attributes but how you split your +10 Cap points will be at your discretion. For example 7 in Agility and 3 in Hands. Obviously, you can't increase anything higher than 100 so you have to keep that in mind what you choose to increase.

Also, the caps will be permanent and it must be noted in your respective transaction threads. Once it's been processed, you just copy the link on your update page to notify the updaters that this is now increased to your liking.

I don't see it as a game breaking move, probably because I don't know the sim like most do, but it just got me thinking if we're all building the same exact way, it's not as personalized for our own player. Some could use an extra boost in agility to their player to get them to the NEXT level. Maybe what they needed was a Plus 10 in hands, or strength, speed, etc. Get to that ELITE level. Actually make the counterpart that you have on your sig and raise the "glass ceiling" just a tad to our liking.

After purchasing, you'll really just continue on as you normally do and with the TPE coming in and you being more active, you'll be able to fill out your build cap that you increased slightly higher, maybe that extra cap increase will make the team you're going up against really game plan against you.

Just a little wandering thought I had. How do you guys feel about that? Or is it not a big deal like I'm making it seem? Lol

Minor Attribute Cap Increase - Bzerkap - 09-06-2017

The SHL sort of does this but it's just part of the base builds. You choose three strengths and one weakness when you make your player. The archetypes define how you can choose your strengths.

Of course that is a totally different sport and sim

(09-06-2017, 07:04 PM)Bzerkap Wrote:The SHL sort of does this but it's just part of the base builds. You choose three strengths and one weakness when you make your player. The archetypes define how you can choose your strengths.

Of course that is a totally different sport and sim

I gotcha, but do you see where I'm getting at? This is my first sim being in so I don't know how it would work out exactly in that format. Like could you imagine a George Wright Jr. with a possible 80+ hands? It can go plenty of different ways to define a player's legacy if it pays off when the games count. Haha

EDIT: meant to say 80+ there, 85 would have went against my original proposal. Lol

Minor Attribute Cap Increase - jparks98 - 09-06-2017

I like it but there should be caps on how many times you can use it or else some people will have 100-speed DT or something. Maybe you can only do it twice in your career

(09-06-2017, 07:14 PM)jparks98 Wrote:I like it but there should be caps on how many times you can use it or else some people will have 100-speed DT or something. Maybe you can only do it twice in your career

I was thinking twice, like you can only purchase the +5 once and the +10 once And for the +5, you can ONLY increase that attribute but you can't use the +10 to make that increase bigger, the +10 will gave to go to two different attributes.

Minor Attribute Cap Increase - kcheng686 - 09-06-2017

I feel like that would be a huge advantage for people who are rich,

(09-06-2017, 07:56 PM)kcheng686 Wrote:I feel like that would be a huge advantage for people who are rich,

I'm saying it from a standpoint that if you put the extra work in, you should be able to get your player up to another level. It won't work for everybody because people activity levels vary from on person to another. But that just means that you gotta make two or three extra articles, make a extra batch of graphics, try your best to get another job. At the end of the day, we all want to perform our best went it comes to the football field.

Minor Attribute Cap Increase - 37thchamber - 09-06-2017

Imo this would work better as a TPE cost. Say it cost 3x TPE to go above the cap or something.

Then it's not necessarily only a benefit to the richer players.

Minor Attribute Cap Increase - Noble - 09-06-2017

(09-06-2017, 08:53 PM)37thchamber Wrote:Imo this would work better as a TPE cost. Say it cost 3x TPE to go above the cap or something.

Then it's not necessarily only a benefit to the richer players.

Either way its rewarding the most active users. The richer players usually have more money because they're either 1) At the height of their career when this increased cap would make sense to buy 2) a part of multiple league offices that require activity to earn money or 3) a super active member of the GFX or media community and therefor help out the site as a whole and get the reward they deserve.

I'm also speaking as part of that upper class and as someone who earns $18,000,000 from salary and league jobs alone, so it would be good to hear a low revenue users POV.

Keep in mind though, the league can only give back as much as you put in. If you aren't an active member of the community, you shouldn't expect the same bonuses as if you are.

Minor Attribute Cap Increase - 37thchamber - 09-06-2017

(09-07-2017, 04:59 AM)Noble Wrote:Either way its rewarding the most active users.
That's kind of my point though. Not all active users get lots of cash

I don't bring in a lot from gfx and media (for various reasons) but I'm still active though.

I don't think there's a problem with rewarding activity. That makes perfect sense. I just think if it's done based on money you effectively exclude a chunk of the active member base.